SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Don´t know which one is the original - same price for this one, $ 29...available at

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/5225_waistband-stretcher.htm

Interesting. Got mine off ebay for about $15. Shipping cost me $20 to get them to Australia. Yes, I'm sure there's something ironic about buying something that's cheaper than the shipping price to get it over here. :rolleyes:

Nope, not as yet. But presumably that would make any future washing a bit difficult?

you could always dry clean the first time, that shouldn't result in too much shrinking. that stretch tool is prob. a good bet also. just wear them while still damp so your body won't let it shrink too much.

a few months ago i made the mistake of washing a pair of nudie slim jim's in hot water. needless to say they shrunk. i was wondering if it's possible to stretch them back out?

Depends on how much they shrunk...easiest thing to do is stretch them while they're wet...dip them just enough to get them wet and stretch the length of the legs by stepping on the waist and pull on the cuff, and stretch the waist by putting them on wet. If they shrunk a lot, you might be waisting your time.

I hope this question has not been answered a thousand times before, but are denime jeans sanforised?

This is my first post on this nice forum, hello everybody.

Here's the link to the Denime thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23000

To answer your question, I don't believe they are (although I'm not familiar with every model). Generally, if any jean is offered in both raw and one-wash, they're not sanforized. There wouldn't be much point in offering a one-wash model if they weren't going to shrink anyway.

Depends on how much they shrunk...easiest thing to do is stretch them while they're wet...dip them just enough to get them wet and stretch the length of the legs by stepping on the waist and pull on the cuff, and stretch the waist by putting them on wet. If they shrunk a lot, you might be waisting your time.

Is there some similar tactic to keep it from shrinking when you dry it? Like yanking on them a tad and then letting them dry?

Is there some similar tactic to keep it from shrinking when you dry it? Like yanking on them a tad and then letting them dry?

I guess so, yes, but generally the shrinkage with sanforized jeans like Nudies is small, so I didn't think they would shrink enough to merit all this effort.

a few months ago i made the mistake of washing a pair of nudie slim jim's in hot water. needless to say they shrunk. i was wondering if it's possible to stretch them back out?

Now this is the kind of question you should ask - right - yourself...sorry man , no help available...

Why did u was them anyway ??

i guess the first couple days it might be tough...but after that u should be fine..nudie´´s aren´t supposed to be washed for 6 months - plenty of stretching..

I hope youre right... they should be coming sometime next week and i guess i'll just resell them if they dont fit ><

I hope this question has not been answered a thousand times before, but are denime jeans sanforised?

This is my first post on this nice forum, hello everybody.

I'm amazed that this is this person's first post, and he asks a quuestion about Denime! No questions about Nudie/APC/Levi STF etc... which is generally what most people go for, for their first raws. Might not be his first raws though...

I thought, at most, Nudie's only shrank 5% (similar to Blue Bloods). My RRDS has been warm washed twice, and the shrinking couldn't have been more than 2%. That being said, there are ways to stretch the jean out once it's shrunk (but not too much). There was a post around here about a way someone jerry-rigged safety pins and bags full of soda cans to stretch the inseam. And of course, there's the waist stretcher. :)

gonna get my first pair of proper raw jeans soon and i was thinking the pbj xx-005. is there anything particular i should know about them? sizing down advice or anything?

would buying these second hand be a bad idea? worn 15-20 times and it sounds like the seller has a similar build to me.

edit: nevermind..

What raw denim brand and cut would be most similar to the Diesel Zathan cut? It also has to have a button fly instead of a zip fly.

I was thinking Nudie bootcut olas but I was wondering if there were any other brands and cuts that were similar.

You're gonna have to be more specific than naming off a pair of diesel's. Either way, there don't seem to be many bootcut fans on this forum, but check out these threads:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13987

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23860

Credit card. I don't think they accept paypal, at least when I bought from them. More info in the 'buying from Japan' thread.

thanks, i found teh superrag guide, hope it works out.

another question:

for soaking, is it mandatory than it will be laid flat? or can i just soak it in a pail? soaking flat isnt possible because i dont have a tub :/

thank you again

okay, thank you. didn't realize this was asked before, my bad.

it's alright, this is the 'small questions thread'. this is the place to ask all the questions that have already been asked without cluttering up the board.

no need to be a dick to people, everyone was new at some point.

a traditional straight leg fit, go to your local gap, they are currently on sale for $14.99. its a steal.

-_- this forum is killing me. i'm in korea and i won't be coming back for awhile and since it's so close to japan and since the won is higher in value than the yen than it has been years i want some japanese denim, but i want japanese denim that isn't available in the states. otherwise i could just buy in the states in a month and a half. any suggestions?

I bought some Dr. Bronners soap and I'm going to hand-wash my Samurai's for the first time tonight (already soaked twice). How much soap should I use for an average-sized bath tub?

I normally use bout a 1/4 cup in the washing machine so if your filling the tub up then I would just suggest the same. If I were you I'd just throw them in the washing machine and let technology do the work for you.:)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic