Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, what do you do w/ the samples? Do you keep them? Sell to employees/local customers? I'm assuming you send them back to the manufacturer

I've got about 500 jeans now, about 100 of them are samples from the past four or five years, the companies let me keep them.

Someday i'll have to get a booth at some event and sell some of them off.

We just reserved a room with 4 beds in it at Elements Hotel/Hostel in the Mission for April 30th and May 1st, friday to sunday.

It's for Superfuture users coming in from out of town.

Once the official thread for the party goes live we'll take submissions for people needing a place to crash for the weekend, it won't be a random drawing, it'll be based on your rep points, top 4 rep points takes the four beds.

Measurements (Pre-Soak)

W32 L36 (Tagged)

Actual Waist - 33"

Inside Leg - 12.75"

Front Rise - 12"

Rear Rise - 16"

Knee - 9.75"

Leg Opening - 8.75"

Inseam - 36'

Measurements (Post-Soak)

W32 L36 (Tagged)

Actual Waist - 32"

Inside Leg - 11.75"

Front Rise - 11.5"

Rear Rise - 15.5"

Knee - 9.25"

Leg Opening - 8.5"

Inseam - 35"

D62XX

IMG_0463.jpg

The Patch

IMG_0467.jpg

T..

]

Wait, what am I missing, since when did SE do a collab with the Steam Locomotive?

This got a bit buried in the last page or two..

We just reserved a room with 4 beds in it at Elements Hotel/Hostel in the Mission for April 30th and May 1st, friday to sunday.

Once the official thread for the party goes live we'll take submissions for people needing a place to crash for the weekend, it won't be a random drawing, it'll be based on your rep points, top 4 rep points takes the four beds.

that´s very nice of you, K...still hoping I can make it - and now hoping that if , I have enough rep status to snatch one of those bunks

are these available in store? i don't see them online. help kiya?

They're only available in-store at both SESF and SENY until we get this Black Yakuza deal straightened out with them, which may never happen, which means they might not ever see the online store. It's not pretty, kinda sad considering the jeans, belts, and bracelets are amazing.

They're only available in-store at both SESF and SENY until we get this Black Yakuza deal straightened out with them, which may never happen, which means they might not ever see the online store. It's not pretty, kinda sad considering the jeans, belts, and bracelets are amazing.

How much are they before I truck down to SENY?

Lando told me The D62XX were $320 before taxes.

Hey Kiya, whats the difference between the XX denim TSL uses and their XXX denim? also, are the belts/bracelets going to be available at SESF anytime soon? Thanks.

The newer RJB 105bsp are up online but I dont see a restock yet

They'll be added to our online store later today.

The New Real Japan Blues 105BSP Jean

Hailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from western shirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.

The new version of the 105BSP jean is a straight leg jean with a medium rise and a button fly. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed.

We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is a gap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans that make you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, leg silhouettes, tags, and knife pocket.

The denim on these is a denim developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe.

Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.

The Real Japan Blues 105BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=394

The New Real Japan Blues 105BSP

rjb_105_01.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_01.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_02.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_03.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_04.jpg

rjb_106_01_05.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_05.jpg

RJB Jeans.

Worn for 15 Months.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

yoo kiya Im sending back those steam locomotives I ordered in the morning, I think Im gonna get the 106bsp's, but there's only one sz 36 left, are you getting a restock of those as well as the 105s? could I phone order some if the online store sells out before I can get the store credit from tsls?