Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, can you tell us when the new mf will be online ?

November 5th. There'll be a jacket and two shirts.

hey Kiya, when's the next 301s restock expected? thanks :)

November 5th.

Will selfedge be carrying the upcoming blanket lined denim shirts from IH? Wan't to jump on that denim jacket but it's out of my price range at the moment. Figure the shirts will be the next best thing.

Yup, we'll have the black one.

already living in that jersey knit western shirt, crazy insane... insane? crazy?

were you the one that let me try your shirt on? it was crazy. crazy HEAVY! Giles told me it is heavier in weight than the superheavy flannels. and very comfortable. would highly recommend. if i had the scratch it'd be a done deal.

Hello all,

Wanted to drop in and give a big thank you for all the support over the weekend. Without the help of IH UK, IH JP, and all the forum members this would not have been able to take place. The shop is up till November 1st, so if you need any of the product before them shoot us an email or call the store and we'll help you out.

Here are some party recaps from the press:

http://hypebeast.com/2012/10/self-edge-x-iron-heart-pop-up-store-launch-party-recap/

http://blog.stylesight.com/denim/self-edge-presents-iron-heart-pop-up-shop

Kiya , do you know which faro coat you are getting, blue cord or the grey ? And what the sizing goes upto ?

We skipped on the sack coats this time around. We got the two new flannel shirts (Mister Freedom flannels?!) and the blanket jacket.

were you the one that let me try your shirt on? it was crazy. crazy HEAVY! Giles told me it is heavier in weight than the superheavy flannels. and very comfortable. would highly recommend. if i had the scratch it'd be a done deal.

haha yeah that was me. it's weird, the shirt's physical heavy and tightly knit but still oddly breathable. a riddle wrapped in an enigma

Here are some party recaps from the press:

http://hypebeast.com...ch-party-recap/

yo, that picture of you in the group photo is one of the more normal ones I've seen! nice one

Whats the lining on this? Ive seen it on other blanket lined stuff.

I think on the blanket lined naked and famous stuff

It's a 100% cotton blanket with a Troy style pattern woven into it.

soaked rs04's for about an hour in warm water, changing the water in between..have worn a couple times, still very stiff..do these need more soaks?

Soaking jeans does not make them less stiff, wearing them makes them less stiff. Soaking actually makes the jeans MORE stiff after the first soak.

We've just received full restocks of jeans from 3sixteen and Buzz Rickson Pea Coats at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Along with these restocks we've gotten our new run of Flat Head tees and flannels, some which we've had before, check the online store under Flat Head for tees and heavy winter flannels.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

Soaking jeans does not make them less stiff, wearing them makes them less stiff. Soaking actually makes the jeans MORE stiff after the first soak.

and here i thought starch caused some of the stiffness in denim and was removed through soaking..well i guess if these are not especially over-starched denim (which is what i initially presumed) and another soak won't remove significantly more starch , i'll start wearing..

Heads up folks, due to the impending hurricane and the resulting shutdown of public transit, SENY will be closed tomorrow, 10/29, and may be slightly delayed in opening up on 10/30 depending on how the hurricane progresses. If you'd like to stop by on Tuesday, please be sure to call ahead to make sure we're there. To all our east coast customers, stay safe.