Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Roy's Jeans - The Cone Mills Project - Straight & Narrow Fits

Roy Slaper is back with his first denim jean release in many months. This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced an unsanforized fabric for anybody, and therefore we feel that this is history in the making.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 13oz per square yard in it's raw state. The fabric has a slight gray-cast to it and feels far heavier than it's stated weight due to it's weave and loomstate nature.

The jeans themselves come in two fits, both a slim and a straight leg. Both silhouettes are slightly modified from past iterations of Roy's straight and slim fits.

Never content with just "doing another run", Roy has improved and tweaked everything surrounding the production of these jeans. The stitching of the body is even finer and more accurate and we love the fully lined back pockets and coin pocket; i don't believe we've ever seen a lined coin pocket on a pair of jeans before. The rear pocket hems now have a hand-done welt in them, mimicking the vintage style belt-loops found on many of the best Japanese brands. And last but not least the back pockets have been slightly reduced in size from past versions.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Both these new jeans will go on sale at all three Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Thursday December 22nd, the jeans will also go on sale in our online store at 9am (PST) the same day. Check the online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.

Find Roy here: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Roy RS03 - Straight Leg

ROY_RS03_01.jpg

Roy RN03 - Narrow Leg

ROY_RN03_01.jpg

ROY_RN03_03.jpg

ROY_RN03_04.jpg

ROY_RN03_07.jpg

ROY_RN03_06.jpg

ROY_RN03_05.jpg

crap, didn't jump on the brass kawatako keyhook fast enough.....when's the next restock?

They sell out super fast, we're getting our next restock January 1st.

Looks to be some slight changes in the fit from the RS1 and RN1 run (at least sizes 34 and 36 which I fall squarely in between). Another great jean from Roy. The details look good and the new denim will be interesting to watch in terms of evolution.

Will self edge be stocking the single-pin, UK russet bridle version of the Kawatako belt?

Sorry, but we will not be carrying that belt.

kiya, how's the sizing on the new Roy narrow leg. I'm about 32 to 33'ish true waist.

They run .5" smaller in the waist than the straight leg ones. If you're in between sizes in the narrow go with the bigger size.

Looks to be some slight changes in the fit from the RS1 and RN1 run (at least sizes 34 and 36 which I fall squarely in between). Another great jean from Roy. The details look good and the new denim will be interesting to watch in terms of evolution.

The denim and the details look great. I wish the leg opening on the narrow remained the same (on the size 36) as before. A 9.3 leg opening spec is not really a slim fit in my book. Either way they look really nice.

Could you post some measurements of Roys new jeans rear pockets( since they are smaller?) ? Just want to compare to some BNB and RS2 to visualize a bit better. Also, is it the same placement from seams ect... from said models. Size 31

6.7" x 6.4" at their widest points on a size 31.

Sure. Is Roy wearing 31 in pics for RS3, RN3, BNB1 ? When your thinking of dropping 7 bills it best to ask all questions.

Yup, size 31 in all three of those models.

... and can i get a double mocha latte with soy no whip?

What time do you want to meet at SESF? I'll take you out and get you one, on me.

Kiya,

what size should do the justice if im wearing 32 on the nihon ROY right now?

Grooveholmes

Decaf?? :P

Same size, 32.

Decaf is for squares.

kiya, when i came in last time ( about 2 days ago)

i tried on a pair of SE05BSP's and Imperial SExi14's

i realize that I only asked to check out flatheads and imperials, are there any other jeans with similar cuts (skinny tapered)

that you could recommend (still in stock size 33-34) around the same quality and price point