Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

bought some Roys at SENY last week and would like them hemmed. i'm off this week and won't be back in the city until next tuesday. any problem if I drop them in tomorrow's mail and then pick them up sometime next week?

also got some RJB 105BSP about a year and a half ago from you online that could use a hem. could I ship those along, too, and pay when I pick up next week?

Wouldn't happen to have a extra pair of 666-XHS in size 31 laying around would ya?

Both SENY and SELA have one pair left if you'd like to place a phone order.

Does SENY have any shearers left in a 33 or 34? If Im a 33 in IH 301s what would I take in the shearers?

Nope, all sold out. None of the stores will have a Shearer restock till February. Imperial has moved production of the Indigo Shearers and Indigo Dukes to Japan. This will result in a price increase and a higher quality jean.

bought some Roys at SENY last week and would like them hemmed. i'm off this week and won't be back in the city until next tuesday. any problem if I drop them in tomorrow's mail and then pick them up sometime next week?

also got some RJB 105BSP about a year and a half ago from you online that could use a hem. could I ship those along, too, and pay when I pick up next week?

All hems have to be physically brought into one of our three stores, you can drop them off at SENY, we'll measure them on you, then you can have us mail them back to you if you'd like.

That's kind of a bummer but cool that they will be better quality. Is there another jean you could recommend that's similar to the shearer. Or anything with a higher rise and tapered leg?

That's kind of a bummer but cool that they will be better quality. Is there another jean you could recommend that's similar to the shearer. Or anything with a higher rise and tapered leg?

Are you local to one of our stores?

If not, check these out:

Flat Head SE05BSP

Iron Heart Beatle Buster

Rock Out This Winter With Dry Bones

Fresh from the cold winter days of Tokyo comes four new pieces from Dry Bones along with a restock of their Red-D jeans and Dual-Prong Belts.

First up we have a beautiful melton wool Award Jacket with a quilted interior. Custom oversized cat-eye buttons and a great thick ribbing makes this a stellar winter jacket that's comfortable and warm.

Next up we've received two button down shirts. One is a micro-cord shirt with a woven jacquard fabric as the front yoke. Dry Bones has been doing this exact repro for almost twenty years, every year a different color. It just so happens that very recently a high-end Japanese brand has become very popular producing these exact shirts, I guess when you make something for long enough it'll be hip at least once during your lifetime. The next shirt is a 100% cotton flannel with red Bakelite-like buttons, the pattern on this shirt pops.

Last up is a jacquard loom woven sweater made of an acrylic/wool/nylon blend which is crazy soft on the inside and outside. The Fair Isle pattern looks great with the colors they've used on this sweater.

All these new items along with a full restock of the Dry Bones Red-D jeans and the dual-prong belt is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for more info, photos, measurements, and specs.

Shop Dry Bones: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72

Dry Bones Melton Wool Award Jacket

DB_DJ-589_01.jpg

DB_DJ-589_01_02.jpg

DB_DJ-589_01_04.jpg

DB_DJ-589_01_05.jpg

Dry Bones Two Flavors / One Shirt

DB_DS-1865_01.jpg

DB_DS-1865_01_02.jpg

Dry Bones Strike Out Flannel Shirt

DB_DS-1849_01.jpg

DB_DS-1849_01_03.jpg

Dry Bones Jacquard Knit Sweater

DB_DC-544_01.jpg

DB_DC-544_01_03.jpg

I'm going to be in NYC tomorrow and plan to swing by the store to buy a pair I'll be sure to try on both of those.

Thanks you!

If you're going to be in NYC, why not see what Blue in Green has to offer too?

This DB Jacket looks awsome. Kiya please would you tell me how warm the jacket feels ? Comparing to Buzz N-1 ? thank you

Edit: Also more info on the lining material please ? thanks

It's quite warm as the outer is melton wool, the inner quilted material is a cotton twill that's been sewn into two layers of cotton filling. It's quite warm, it's not as warm as a N-1, but not much is considering the N-1 is a military repro jacket.

So according to you it's still suitable for colder month with a bit of snow falling or it's much like a mid season jacket ? thanks

It's hard for me to say because i haven't actually worn the jacket in snow. It feels far warmer than anything we've got in stock right now (with the exception maybe of the Stevenson Wool Booster).

Hey all, please vote on "uppercase" so we can get this lowercase thing fixed asap:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/131045-super-uppercase-option/page__fromsearch__1

hey kiya, i am not sure if you were the one helping my parents + sister yesterday but i think it was.

thanks though, i'm still trying to talk my dad into getting an IH vest and my sister to get some 3sixteens

one day they'll understand my fascination with denim. (and if you need another pair of old jeans for any future self edge stores consider my iron hearts i dropped off!)

kiya, how is the sizing of the SE05BSP vs the SEXI04?

size 33 on the SE05BSP was very snug on me presoak when i tried it on at selfedge (if it shrunk i dont think i could put it on)

so i understand that i should have sized up to 34 to make up for the shrinkage

am i correct to assume that i should also get a size 34 in the SEXI 04's?

hey kiya, i am not sure if you were the one helping my parents + sister yesterday but i think it was.

thanks though, i'm still trying to talk my dad into getting an IH vest and my sister to get some 3sixteens

one day they'll understand my fascination with denim. (and if you need another pair of old jeans for any future self edge stores consider my iron hearts i dropped off!)

Yup, that was me that helped them. Your dad is super cool, i love when he comes into the shop. Your sister loved the 3sixteen+ 99bsp jeans she tried on and we got the size right on the first try.

kiya, how is the sizing of the SE05BSP vs the SEXI04?

size 33 on the SE05BSP was very snug on me presoak when i tried it on at selfedge (if it shrunk i dont think i could put it on)

so i understand that i should have sized up to 34 to make up for the shrinkage

am i correct to assume that i should also get a size 34 in the SEXI 04's?

Yup, sounds like you'd be a size 34 in both the se05bsp and the sexi14 jeans.

Posted · Hidden by shinjin, December 28, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by shinjin, December 28, 2011 - No reason given

Yup, that was me that helped them. Your dad is super cool, i love when he comes into the shop. Your sister loved the 3sixteen+ 99bsp jeans she tried on and we got the size right on the first try.

apologies, i actually meant the sexi 04 jeans, like zero 4, the ones that came out awhile ago

i actually tried on the sexi14's as well but i wasnt a huge fan of the loose weave

do you happen to know how the sexi04 jeans fit?

you are truly a denim connossieur, cant thank you enough for all the help

apologies, i actually meant the sexi 04 jeans, like zero 4, the ones that came out awhile ago

i actually tried on the sexi14's as well but i wasnt a huge fan of the loose weave

you are truly a denim expert, cant thank you enough for all the help

looking at the measurements on the selfedge website

it says the sexi04 shrink .5 with wash and stretch 1.5 after only 20 wears

this leads me to think i am a size 33 in sexi04's : /

Edited by shinjin

you are truly a denim expert, cant thank you enough for all the help

to be honest that was over four years ago we released those and i don't remember. Where would you even find a pair at this point?

someone pmed me saying he was selling a pair of soaked only size 34 sexi04

fair enough, well judging from about an hours worth of research, google search and comparing the measuring charts

ive decided that a 34 would definitely be too large in the waist : /

guess ill be picking up the bsps in the end, be hitting up sesf next week

i think she's pretty close to getting them after being disappointed in the jeans she tried on at the mall haha

Self Edge Product Updates

Even though the holidays are over we're still moving full steam ahead with new products and restocks rolling into all three stores on an almost daily basis.

Real Japan Blues

Real Japan Blues has finished a new run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are available again at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. These are made of a new denim, the same denim found on the SEXFHXRJB15 jean, 14oz unsanforized indigo denim which ages great over time and was developed by RJB to mimic the fading characteristics on Flat Head's 3xxx denim with a slightly different feel.

3sixteen+

From 3sixteen+ we've received a new run of the 21BSP slim cut jean made up of an unsanforized 18oz denim made specifically for this series of jeans. For the second run of this jean the fit is a bit slimmer through the legs and it's a bit more tapered. A great value when the quality of fabric and construction is taken into consideration.

Stevenson Overall Co.

We got Stevenson Overall Co. to do another run of the silk skull-caps for us, these things are soft to the touch, extremely warm, and woven on vintage shuttle looms. These are available again in navy or gray.

Iron Heart

From Iron Heart we've received more shirts and a full restock of all their jeans currently in production along with the Beatle Buster, 301s, overdyed 634s-B, 634s, and the new 634-RAW jean.

Strike Gold!

Strike Gold has sent us a full restock of all four jeans models along with their belts and a small restock of their Game Changing loopwheeled crewneck sweaters. Self Edge LA has also received a restock of their flannel shirts.

Sugar Cane

Sugar Cane has sent us a full restock of all their jeans including the popular 2009 cut. Watch out for the Self Edge x Toyo Black Jungle Cloth pant coming to all stores on January 7th.

Dry Bones

The wacked out guys at Dry Bones have delivered their new winter collection in the form of a few new shirts and a woven melton wool award jacket. Along with these new pieces all stores have received a restock of the Red-D slim jeans, the dual-prong belt, and all eyewear.

Flat Head

From Flat Head we've gotten in their heavy winter flannels in multiple colors along with some restocks of their past shirts. At SENY we received woven skull caps too. All stores have received a few jean model restocks from Flat Head, a bigger and more complete restock is hitting stores next week.

Kawatako Leathers

Next week we'll be receiving a big restock from Kawatako with belts, wallets, keyhooks, and camera cases.

3sixteen

From 3sixteen we're getting weekly restocks of every jean we stock from them along with the leather bracelets, we try and stock them as fast as possible so if your size is missing we should be getting it back in within days. These things are selling faster than they can produce them.

Lowside Mag

We got both issue 05 and 06 of Lowside Magazine back in stock for all you grease-monkeys.

Yellow Rat

Last but not least, we've filled in all of the missing sizes of all seven Yellow Rat tops we have in store, this is the last restock on these items.

@kiya- do you have the new measurments for the 21bsp?

The site has been updated with the new measurements, we updated it a few hours ago.