Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

^Rise looks a little low for my taste but agreed that the denim looks amazing...

Good observation, that's a first sample, they're over 1" higher on the production model.

Sounding better and better kiya....Any chance there is a sample pair laying around at SENY? I'm going to be in town next week and would love to feel up the denim...Also, is it an entirely new denim specially made for this run (similar to the contest jeans)? DB doesn't hold back, I love it...

Sounding better and better kiya....Any chance there is a sample pair laying around at SENY? I'm going to be in town next week and would love to feel up the denim...Also, is it an entirely new denim specially made for this run (similar to the contest jeans)? DB doesn't hold back, I love it...

No sample at SENY.. Johan at SELA owns the only pair out there outside of an early sample i have at my place.

The denim was made for this jean, it looks really nice, we wanted a heavy denim that had a great look to it, not just heavy for the sake of heavy.

kiya/anyone, i just finished up my ih301s... looking for a nice, heavy, slim denim to replace them. suggestions?

If you're married to the cut of the 301s, then give the brand new 7301's a try - they are great looking jeans. The RJB 103BSP is also a slim tapered jean although not quite as heavy.

If you are down to try something a little less tapered but still slim, I would consider the Strike Gold SG1105's or the Flat Head 1001's.

probably think I'm stupid - IH301s

haha nope, i understand, fuckin loved my 301s! faded sooo nicely.

If you're married to the cut of the 301s, then give the brand new 7301's a try - they are great looking jeans. The RJB 103BSP is also a slim tapered jean although not quite as heavy.

If you are down to try something a little less tapered but still slim, I would consider the Strike Gold SG1105's or the Flat Head 1001's.

thx, ill have to look into these and edit my post on what i think!

omg, the SEXFHXRR10 look amazing. anyone pick them up yet? i bet the LHT on the denim makes amazing contrast and fade over short periods of time!

Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure LHT wont affect the speed of fading..personal opinion here, making flat heads faster than they already do seems like its not a great thing. The rope dyeing will make it fade faster, but the main question is how will pure indigo effect the fading

Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure LHT wont affect the speed of fading..personal opinion here, making flat heads faster than they already do seems like its not a great thing. The rope dyeing will make it fade faster, but the main question is how will pure indigo effect the fading

I find that LHT denim does indeed fade slower because the fabric softens up much more easily and earlier, and most of the times it won't crease quite as well - the resulting fading is more a blurry hue than hyper-intense contrasting lines.

Pure indigo is just 100% synthetic indigo, so same as most jeans AFAIK.

Ah yep, guess it just makes it a bit softer too. Thanks for the input guys. Not sure on what i want to go for this time...

The rjb and strike's arent quite as slim as i'd like. As much as I loved my IH301S, Id like to get a completely new jean, not another pair. And as far as the 7301, they look amazing but I want a blue jean, not black.

Ah yep, guess it just makes it a bit softer too. Thanks for the input guys. Not sure on what i want to go for this time...

The rjb and strike's arent quite as slim as i'd like. As much as I loved my IH301S, Id like to get a completely new jean, not another pair. And as far as the 7301, they look amazing but I want a blue jean, not black.

Iron Heart 666 Devils fit?

I find that LHT denim does indeed fade slower because the fabric softens up much more easily and earlier, and most of the times it won't crease quite as well - the resulting fading is more a blurry hue than hyper-intense contrasting lines.

Pure indigo is just 100% synthetic indigo, so same as most jeans AFAIK.

I think there's too many variables to say of these lefty denims will fade faster or slower than it's equivalent RHT.

What will be interesting is the fade will produce a slightly more pronounced vertical striation. It's one of the characteristics of left hand.

I'm curious how the lip on the top edge of the back pocket will fade..