Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

a size 32 will have a (assuming .5 shrinkage) 11.2 thigh and 7.8 hem. Curious, what measurements would you expect out of a slim tapered?

love the detailing.. a shame i won't pull off a straight fit.. or a shame it wasn't a slim tapered fit. wait i take that back.. don't wanna get neg rep for saying that lol

Assuming size 28. 10-10.2 thigh, 8.5-9 rise and 6.2-6.5 leg opening. Measurements I'd like after shrinkage. I'm of a slight built.

Unrealistic for me to hope they'll do a collab with those measurements as I think this fit won't be too popular?

Oh wells.. I'll sit out and see what develops in the next few months.

a size 28 is pretty much what you want!

10.3 - thigh

6.8 - hem

9.5 - rise

Assuming size 28. 10-10.2 thigh, 8.5-9 rise and 6.2-6.5 leg opening. Measurements I'd like after shrinkage. I'm of a slight built.

Unrealistic for me to hope they'll do a collab with those measurements as I think this fit won't be too popular?

How is that what I want? The max for thighs is 10.2 since 10.3 is close I could turn a blind eye, and max for hem is 6.5. 9 is the max for rise. In fact that's the biggest deal breaker for me. I preferably want my rise to be just under 9. I shouldn't just buy it just because it's a nice collab. I don't have a disposable income like yourself, and if I spend that much I'd like them to be fitted the way I want them to.

congrats kiya and ringring, the jeans are absolutely fabulous; honestly I did not expect a LHT model, when you said to expect a non-traditional five pocket jeans I had more like a modern twist on a pre 1933 levis in mind. The design of these is really clean and sober, although the manufacture behind is intensely complicated it seems. kudos!

Kiya,

I know that the Flatheadl flannels and houndstooth go on sale next week but is there a 46 in there??

And if not, any ways of getting one directly from the store??

You can phone order them now from SENY, they have them in size 46.

Regarding sizing on the new Flat Head jean...

The thigh/leg will shrink about .5" after a hot soak and the rise will shrink about .3". These run true to size, they'll shrink down to a hair above tagged size.

it seem only IH 301s can suit your requirements. it's japanese premium jeans that has slimmest cut (PBJ xx011 is slimmer in the knee down but have bigger top block and higher rise)

Yes well aware of that and I am intending to get that next. Thanks anyways zephyr.

He wanted to know what I expected from a slim tapered fit so I told him. Then he started being rather pushy about it, leaving me to doubt if he realises the sexrrxfh is a slim Straight cut.

The post he quoted was when I was merely admiring this new collaboration and wishing something similar came in a cut I desired. I had no intention of leading anyone to believe I didn't fancy it.

Damn, I really liked the SC one from the party last year. Would it be weird to ask if SE will be getting any more bandanas for upcoming events?

Or anywhere I can order one online (FH,SC,etc)?

I know of nowhere that you can order tehe banadanas.

We have Mister Freedom ones for sale at SENY if you want one.

Kiya,

Any idea if a type 3 blanket-lined iron heart jacket will ever make its way to LA?

Yup, we'll have them when they come out.

If the SEXFH05 jean was released today they would have cost $448 because that's how much the Yen has gone up in 2.5 years.

The ONLY reason any of the products we sell are more pricey than they were a year or two ago is because of the valuation of the Yen.

therein lies the problem - it's japan's world; you're welcome to live in it haha.

Just my two cents, but if you're here on the forum, odds are "expensive" isn't a word that has meaning in your vocabulary. You can either afford a pair of particular jeans, or you cannot.

I think what you are really trying to say by saying they are "retardedly expensive" is that you do not like them. Otherwise, you are saying Self Edge is attempting to fleece their customers, the implication being they aren't worth the money they are charging.

well at some point, expense becomes an absolute value. while 200k would be a great deal on a porsche carrera gt, the number of people who could afford that is going to be pretty limited.

while it's reasonable to question how productive it is to gripe about pricing in this thread, i think it is equally valid to question whether or not the response above is fair to the OP.

my two cents - if i'm trying to fleece anyone, let me know

Almost all products are designed to cost. Sales people will say, demand a $50, $75 and $85 pair of jeans and the design and production departments will work together to fill those price slots.

This project is not like that. Kiya just went for it. His initial idea was just to do something different. He asked me to think of something that I'd wanted, but not seen on the market. Getting these jeans made was almost two years worth of difficult. At any time, Kiya could have just said, 'let's go back to a traditional 5 pocket construction'. But he persisted. His bright eyes lit up at the challenge. And Flat Head put real artistry into the make.

This doesn't make commercial sense. Unfortunately, the price will be an obstacle to many.

I love the result, and am honoured to have worked with Flat Head & Kiya to make these jeans.

quote:

originally posted by aso2004

Kiya,

I know that the Flatheadl flannels and houndstooth go on sale next week but is there a 46 in there??

And if not, any ways of getting one directly from the store??

You can phone order them now from SENY, they have them in size 46.

Does that work for overseas orders as well??

And can I e-mail them ?? The time difference is hard to work around.

Murdered my paycheck on a size 33.

Was planing on a 32 but after trying 'em on they would have been to tight in the thighs, so for all the phone and intranet orderers keep that in mind. for reference i'm 175-180 5'11".

32 in oki's

33 in 0500's

32 in 103's

pre soak fit pics.

P1050231.jpg

P1050232.jpg