Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Whats up with denim prices these days? It was only a couple of years ago that top denim topped out ta $300. Now they're hitting $500? This can't all be inflation... are there just more people out there in the game - supply and demand? Really makes me think second of getting another pair :(

I posted his five days ago:

If the SEXFH05 jean was released today they would have cost $448 because that's how much the Yen has gone up in 2.5 years.

The ONLY reason any of the products we sell are more pricey than they were a year or two ago is because of the valuation of the Yen.

Chew on this: When we opened four years ago the same exact jeans we are stocking today cost us 35% less in Yen. We are now paying between 35% to 40% MORE per jean due to the Yen but our prices have only gone up between 5% and 20% making our already terrible margins even worse.

I'm not sure why people are acting like $500 jeans are new. There have been $500 jeans for a long time. I'm not saying it's not expensive, cause it is...I'm just saying they've been around for a while now. Context has multiple jeans for sale at 500....KMW and The Stronghold off the top of my head.

I'm just guessing, but I bet people are really going to freak when they see the price of the dry bones collab coming out later this month...I'd bet they are even more than the ringring collab.

I'm just guessing, but I bet people are really going to freak when they see the price of the dry bones collab coming out later this month...I'd bet they are even more than the ringring collab.

Actually they're going to be over $100 LESS.

It's actually the USD valuation declining than the Yen increasing in value. The AUD is worth more than the USD at the moment!

It's a bit of both perhaps. When I bought my Sugarcane SC40600 some three years ago the 60.900 yen translated to a little under 400 euros. Now that would be over 540 euros (and 738 US dollars). I almost fainted when I noticed that.

well, the us govt is trying to get the USD to depreciate even more to stimulate exports. so i would expect the yen situation to get worse, not better.

most japanese companies that want to maintain an overseas market don't really adjust their international pricing despite currency fluctuations - curious to see if they throw in the towel. obviously the ones that self edge deal with are not of that persuasion

Hey kiya when will you guys restock on the fh 1001s?

i'm looking to try on some size 29/30 in the sf store before buying a pair

We'll have a restock in November 24th.

Kiya, are you guys getting the IH melton wool shirt?

Yup, should be at all stores in about a week or two at the most.

Next up are some new shirts from Sunny Sports - these are only available at SENY. The Melton Wool CPO shirt features great stitching and pocket details, as well as naval buttons:

20101028_6.jpg

20101028_7.jpg

20101028_8.jpg

20101028_9.jpg

Vintage BD Shirt:

20101028_10.jpg

20101028_11.jpg

Kasuri Workshirt:

20101028_12.jpg

20101028_13.jpg

Denim Shirt:

20101028_14.jpg

20101028_15.jpg

Give us a call at SENY with any questions (212.388.0079); shipping is free worldwide.

Sizing and price on the BD shirt?

Hey Kiya, any chance you'll be stocking Sugar Cane's Wool Raglan Jacket?

Nope, we didn't order that for any of the stores.

Kiya, call me crazy but is there any chance of you guys restocking the Dry Bones D. Lewis Chambray shirt?

No sorry, that was from last year's collection.

Here are some photos of a recent shipment of D.Lewis shirts that we received. These are all exclusive to Self Edge Los Angeles. Give us a call if you have any questions - 323.933.9000.

Embroidered Work Shirts in Black and Grey. Size 38 and 40. This is a small restock of these shirts, which we sold out of earlier in the season. The embroidery details on the shoulders and elbows are really nice.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Shadow Check Long Sleeve Shirts in Red and Black. Size 38 and 40. This is the same style shirt as the Embroidered Work Shirt, but in a new wool blend fabric.

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg