Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

 
Thank you for letting me join this forum. I am new in here and still need lot to learn about denim.
I need your help to evaluate this Lee riders selvedge jeans, this jeans has a half selvedge and also gripper zipper. from what year is this jeans? 
 
please help me.
 
 

lee1.jpg

lee2.jpg

lee3.jpg

lee4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, these would be the 1952 101z jean.

Can't tell if they are original or the Japanese repro model, if you want more information on them then take a look at the Leepro thread on this forum and have a look at Lee Japan the archives series online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, those whiskers looks like a prefade to me. Just look inside for the care tag. That’ll tell you more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FAB FOUR said:

Hello, these would be the 1952 101z jean.

Can't tell if they are original or the Japanese repro model, if you want more information on them then take a look at the Leepro thread on this forum and have a look at Lee Japan the archives series online.

thank you for your opinion, there's no wash tag inside the jeans (usually repro's always had wash tag near back on the zipper line at the inside. so, this jeans not counterfeit, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spiraltoy said:

Yeah, those whiskers looks like a prefade to me. Just look inside for the care tag. That’ll tell you more.

thank you for your opinion, there's no wash tag inside the jeans (usually repro's always had wash tag near back on the zipper line at the inside. so, this jeans not counterfeit, right? please advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, based on how they look, they are a pair of prefaded repro jeans. Not original vintage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems to me as japanese prefaded repro from the end of 90's or start of new century. I had very similar at that time... but on opposite side I don't know, if they used at that time gripper zipper...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

In my opinion, based on how they look, they are a pair of prefaded repro jeans. Not original vintage. 

thank you for your opinion, so this jeans is not counterfeit or fake, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

seems to me as japanese prefaded repro from the end of 90's or start of new century. I had very similar at that time... but on opposite side I don't know, if they used at that time gripper zipper...

thank you for your opinion, so this jeans is not counterfeit or fake, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

In my opinion, based on how they look, they are a pair of prefaded repro jeans. Not original vintage. 

somebody want to buy it for $10 because he said that the jeans is counterfeit, he want it because the size was fit to him. that's why i need your opinion so i can not be fooled by him.

please advise, hope you can help me.

 
please advise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

seems to me as japanese prefaded repro from the end of 90's or start of new century. I had very similar at that time... but on opposite side I don't know, if they used at that time gripper zipper...

somebody want to buy it for $10 because he said that the jeans is counterfeit, he want it because the size was fit to him. that's why i need your opinion so i can not be fooled by him.

please advise, hope you can help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not possible to tell whether they are Lee Archives or originals, without more pix.

The fades certainly look fake to me. But that said, sometimes old fades that are totally genuine can look what we would call "fake."

The rear tag going threadbare and the rear patch shrinking, hardening, and falling part of the way off would not be factory distressing. That doesn't mean they aren't repros, though. They could just be worn and repeatedly washed repros.

Are there any inside tags, or evidence of them formerly being there?

Edited by 428CJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the new member above getting slammed with so many negs? What did he do wrong? Obviously English is not his primary language. Couldn't his error be a result of that? Wouldn't this be a better teaching moment and explaining to him and some of us what sin he committed rather than a public stoning so close to Christmas?

Edited by Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entirely reasonable Questions Pedro. 
 

@indoverificator Hi,

I think to improve your prospects next time you have a similar question:

- post the question in a dedicated Lee thread (this kind of post doesn’t warrant a new thread)

- provide more photos (particularly any care tags)

- edit any repeated posts (double posts) to remove content and replace with a quick apology along the lines of ‘double post’

I’m just mostly repeating what has been said above. These are some unwritten rules that as a new member you’re probably unaware of. Hell they may be written down but who’s got time to check.

For what it’s worth I don’t think they are counterfeit but are a worn pair of jeans that were already predistressed. Not original vintage but a repro. Again, repeating what people have already said. Importantly for you people here are agreeing they are not fake. 

Welcome to the forum. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Not possible to tell whether they are Lee Archives or originals, without more pix.

The fades certainly look fake to me. But that said, sometimes old fades that are totally genuine can look what we would call "fake."

The rear tag going threadbare and the rear patch shrinking, hardening, and falling part of the way off would not be factory distressing. That doesn't mean they aren't repros, though. They could just be worn and repeatedly washed repros.

Are there any inside tags, or evidence of them formerly being there?

Thank you for your explanation, actually there's no inside wash tag (back on main zipper) that usually happened on repro's, the white label inside the back pocket also totally unreadable. the only thing clear to see is the "zipper gripper" on the main zipper, any advise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pedro said:

Why is the new member above getting slammed with so many negs? What did he do wrong? Obviously English is not his primary language. Couldn't his error be a result of that? Wouldn't this be a better teaching moment and explaining to him and some of us what sin he committed rather than a public stoning so close to Christmas?

thank you for your support, actually i did not know why they keep sending me negative reputation. I only try to find an answer about my denim and I just reply to the person who response my question.

merry christmas and happy holiday to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, unders said:

Entirely reasonable Questions Pedro. 
 

@indoverificator Hi,

I think to improve your prospects next time you have a similar question:

- post the question in a dedicated Lee thread (this kind of post doesn’t warrant a new thread)

- provide more photos (particularly any care tags)

- edit any repeated posts (double posts) to remove content and replace with a quick apology along the lines of ‘double post’

I’m just mostly repeating what has been said above. These are some unwritten rules that as a new member you’re probably unaware of. Hell they may be written down but who’s got time to check.

For what it’s worth I don’t think they are counterfeit but are a worn pair of jeans that were already predistressed. Not original vintage but a repro. Again, repeating what people have already said. Importantly for you people here are agreeing they are not fake. 

Welcome to the forum. 
 

Thank you for your response. you also the only one who welcoming me to this forum, much appreciated. I already read your suggest about rules of posting new thread that I did not know about this before.

your answer that saying my jeans is not counterfeit also relieving me since I spent some money to buy it and never expected to get fake item. 

once again, thank you and merry christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, indoverificator said:

Thank you for your response. you also the only one who welcoming me to this forum, much appreciated. I already read your suggest about rules of posting new thread that I did not know about this before.

your answer that saying my jeans is not counterfeit also relieving me since I spent some money to buy it and never expected to get fake item. 

once again, thank you and merry christmas.

END OF THREAD? I fucking hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure what you mean by "counterfeit" in this case.

They are either original ("vintage") jeans, or they are authorized reproductions made by Edwin under license from Lee. Neither of these could appropriately be called "counterfeit." "Counterfeit" would be an unauthorized reproduction.

Again, the question is whether they are old jeans, or authorized reproductions. "Counterfeit" is not really one of the likely options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FAB FOUR said:

END OF THREAD? I fucking hope so.

What is wrong with you? 

First off it is Christmas.

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

I suggest you adjust your attitude and grow up.

@indoverificator

I looked closely at the photos and I do see indications of genuine fading so I think it is possible that those pants were factory distressed as members have indicated but they have been worn long enough that there is also real-world fade also.

Edited by Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are authentic fake genuine counterfeit originals, naturally predistressed by organic climate change, coastal erosion, the undercarriage of numerous Olympic athletes, the periodic table of elements and Chinese correction facilities for errant denim overalls. Sell them immediately on aBey for gazillions of ¥£€$!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

To be fair it only fits 100% in this thread because he created this thread for this question instead of using the Small Questions thread on the top of the forum:

Lee.JPG.c0466ecc402f9cc247839d904f0d26e2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@beautiful_FrEaK

OK. 

But there are several posts dedicated to cats and to kitchen knives and “how I spent my weekend” and who knows what other non-denim topics...Lol...which receive no enforcement effort or negative reps and this is often because of the clique mentality which often rears its head. When its a new member and he is bashed by negative reps rather than positive assistance then it becomes nothing more than group bullying. (This is why some forums have eliminated the variations of “reps” and “likes”.)

I would like to think a community unites against bullying, especially senior members like yourself.

 

Edited by Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 428CJ said:

I am not sure what you mean by "counterfeit" in this case.

They are either original ("vintage") jeans, or they are authorized reproductions made by Edwin under license from Lee. Neither of these could appropriately be called "counterfeit." "Counterfeit" would be an unauthorized reproduction.

Again, the question is whether they are old jeans, or authorized reproductions. "Counterfeit" is not really one of the likely options.

much appreciated for your opinion. thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pedro said:

What is wrong with you? 

First off it is Christmas.

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

I suggest you adjust your attitude and grow up.

@indoverificator

I looked closely at the photos and I do see indications of genuine fading so I think it is possible that those pants were factory distressed as members have indicated but they have been worn long enough that there is also real-world fade also.

noted. thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They are authentic fake genuine counterfeit originals, naturally predistressed by organic climate change, coastal erosion, the undercarriage of numerous Olympic athletes, the periodic table of elements and Chinese correction facilities for errant denim overalls. Sell them immediately on aBey for gazillions of ¥£€$!!!!!!

honestly, i don't understand what you mean but thank you for your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not a matter of bullying. If you were around in the earlier sufu days this wouldn’t have even been a blip on your radar. It’s a matter of disregard for how the forums work. He’s spamming Denimbro too. Next time just use the small questions thread or dedicated Lee thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and don’t bump the thread every hour until somebody jumps in to help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • :-0

    /// STAY AT HOME SALE #3 !!! ///

    $US 5 joining fee for supertalk. march 20 – till we are let out of home
    50% off classified ad listing fee plus extension to 180 day for listings

    supertalk is free to browse as a guest. You need to be a member to participate in discussions or buy and sell on the classifieds. There is normally a one-off $US10 joining fee for supertalk. You can also become a premium superseller or supermember. Businesses who want to promote their brand and products need to become a supersponsor. superfuture is privately owned and has been online continuously for 21 years. It's a digital cockroach and with your support it'll somehow survive the current apocalypse.  

  • Similar Content

    • By indoverificator
      Hi All,
      see you again on 2020 and I wish you all happy new year. this time I need your opinion about Levi's BIG E that I found at flea market few days ago. I found an old Levi's vest (its a jacket once before), this vest do not have a cinch back, I also cannot see the number on the back of button, tag was unavailable. only rivets, red tab and selvedge that I can see clearly. here's I send you the details. Hopefully someone here can give me an opinion regarding this Levi's. Any opinions are welcome, I do appreciated.
      please let me know.









    • By mrsmiff
      Hi SuFu –
       
      We are Standard & Strange, based in Oakland, CA.  We're a denim-centric menswear shop.  You can find us right at 5010 Telegraph Ave, next door to Pizzaiolo.
       
       

       
      Our brand list is extensive, to say the least, but here's the highlights:
      Full Count
      Ooe Yofuketen
      Indigofera
      Masterson's
      Free Note
      Rogue Territory
      Momotaro
      Japan Blue Jeans
      Tellason
      Circle of Friends
      Naked & Famous
      Shockoe
      Thrux Lawrence
      Monitaly
      Alden
      Trickers
      Yuketen
       
       
      We buy brands that we believe in, without compromise.  Initially, it was only Made In USA goods, but as we traveled and were introduced to more and more great brands, we added Canada, Japan, Europe, and the UK to our roster.
       
      We're constantly expanding our denim selection with the goal of being able to fit just about anyone to a great pair of jeans, whether it's N&F weird guys in stretch selvedge denim, or 18oz Momotaro Natural Tapers.  We take the same approach to shirts, jackets, boots, and everything else – we try to have fits that work for just about anyone. 
       
      About our name – one of my areas of interest has always been urban development, planning, and use, and one of the standout books in that area is “The Death and Life of Great American Cities†by Jane Jacobs.
       
      There's a passage that's stuck with me over the years:
               "Cities, however, are the natural homes of supermarkets and standard movie houses plus delicatessens, Viennese bakeries, foreign groceries, art movies, and so on, all of which can be found co-existing, the standard with the strange, the large with the small." (bold emphasis mine).
       
      When we found our original space – in Temescal Alley – it was on it's 3rd rebirth – originally horse stables, the store fronts in the alley had long been used as cheap storage lockers.  When we built out the space we were tearing out boards that been there for 100+ years.
       
      Our goal – whether it's denim, boots, or shirts – is to make sure every person coming through our door gets what they want, even if it's just a shot of whiskey and a warm welcome.
       
      The best place to catch us online outside of here is Instagram, and via our email list.
       
      Our 3-year anniversary party:

       
      The denim wall:

       
       
       
       
       
      When we needed gift cards, we went all in, and made them from brass:
       

       
       
      We get a bit obsessive about our denim details - here's a macro of Full Count's 100% Zimbabwean cotton:

       
      And another because why not:

       
       
      Kapital Century denim and aged button:

       
       
      Finally, Brandon, one of our team, getting serious about some Rogue Territory and Momotaro:

       
    • By Tom Gregory
      Hello - I have a larger personal collection of vintage workwear.  Lee Hair-on-hide, a pair of 1947 Wranglers, Stifel wabash chore jacket and matching overalls, are some of the collection's highlights.  Most are larger size as they had to fit me (of course) - I am a large shirt (US), and most pants are a 32 waist 32 inseam or larger.  Some really great stuff.  Levis jackets from each era, Early Lee and Wrangler jackets. Chore jackets galore.  Racing tees from the 60's.   Boss Of The Road vintage "no belt loop jeans" as well as the same in a Boss of the Road khaki (with wax marks from walking through the mine!).  I just don't wear this anymore.  I live in Los Angeles.  Some of the stuff was even featured in SUPERTALK magazine  a few years back.  The first Levi denim banner as well as another early one.  Too much stuff!  Selling as a collection or in piece. 
      if interested
      [email protected]
       
    • By kbuzz
      View Advert FS: ROY KS 002 Sz 36x32
      FS ROY KS 002 36
      WAIST: 17 1/8  with Room to Stretch
      F Rise: 13+
      R Rise: 16+
      Thigh: at crotch 13**
                  at 2 inches down 12 1/4
      Knee: 9.2-3
      Length: Measures 31 1/8- 3/4 but fits like a 32
      Opening: 8.5
      Perfect condition. Worn 3 times. Soaked warm twice. One Machine Wash Col- NO SPIN. No Shrinkage left. Chain stitch by Roy. These are just too big for my slim frame. If you are reading you know how difficult it is to obtain a pair of Roys. Particularly with Cone shutting down. A chance for some "unabtaninum" denim
      PICS: https://imgur.com/a/ZU7AF 
      Price $200
      Would also consider trades for something slimmer. 
      https://imgur.com/a/ZU7AF
      Advertiser kbuzz Date 02/22/2018 Price $200.00 Category denim  
    • By kbuzz
      FS ROY KS 002 36
      WAIST: 17 1/8  with Room to Stretch
      F Rise: 13+
      R Rise: 16+
      Thigh: at crotch 13**
                  at 2 inches down 12 1/4
      Knee: 9.2-3
      Length: Measures 31 1/8- 3/4 but fits like a 32
      Opening: 8.5
      Perfect condition. Worn 3 times. Soaked warm twice. One Machine Wash Col- NO SPIN. No Shrinkage left. Chain stitch by Roy. These are just too big for my slim frame. If you are reading you know how difficult it is to obtain a pair of Roys. Particularly with Cone shutting down. A chance for some "unabtaninum" denim
      PICS: https://imgur.com/a/ZU7AF 
      Price $200
      Would also consider trades for something slimmer. 
      https://imgur.com/a/ZU7AF
  • Top 10 Active Viewed Topics

  • Veilance Grey Isogon Jacket
    $US 500

    201494M180025_1.jpgshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=541884.15691341