Hi there,

Thank you for letting me join this forum. I am new in here and still need lot to learn about denim.
I need your help to evaluate this Lee riders selvedge jeans, this jeans has a half selvedge and also gripper zipper. from what year is this jeans? 

please help me.

lee1.jpg

lee2.jpg

lee3.jpg

lee4.jpg

Hello, these would be the 1952 101z jean.

Can't tell if they are original or the Japanese repro model, if you want more information on them then take a look at the Leepro thread on this forum and have a look at Lee Japan the archives series online.

Yeah, those whiskers looks like a prefade to me. Just look inside for the care tag. That’ll tell you more.

1 hour ago, FAB FOUR said:

Hello, these would be the 1952 101z jean.

Can't tell if they are original or the Japanese repro model, if you want more information on them then take a look at the Leepro thread on this forum and have a look at Lee Japan the archives series online.

thank you for your opinion, there's no wash tag inside the jeans (usually repro's always had wash tag near back on the zipper line at the inside. so, this jeans not counterfeit, right?

1 hour ago, Spiraltoy said:

Yeah, those whiskers looks like a prefade to me. Just look inside for the care tag. That’ll tell you more.

thank you for your opinion, there's no wash tag inside the jeans (usually repro's always had wash tag near back on the zipper line at the inside. so, this jeans not counterfeit, right? please advise.

In my opinion, based on how they look, they are a pair of prefaded repro jeans. Not original vintage. 

seems to me as japanese prefaded repro from the end of 90's or start of new century. I had very similar at that time... but on opposite side I don't know, if they used at that time gripper zipper...

15 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

In my opinion, based on how they look, they are a pair of prefaded repro jeans. Not original vintage. 

thank you for your opinion, so this jeans is not counterfeit or fake, right?

5 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

seems to me as japanese prefaded repro from the end of 90's or start of new century. I had very similar at that time... but on opposite side I don't know, if they used at that time gripper zipper...

thank you for your opinion, so this jeans is not counterfeit or fake, right?

16 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

somebody want to buy it for $10 because he said that the jeans is counterfeit, he want it because the size was fit to him. that's why i need your opinion so i can not be fooled by him.

please advise, hope you can help me.

please advise

5 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

somebody want to buy it for $10 because he said that the jeans is counterfeit, he want it because the size was fit to him. that's why i need your opinion so i can not be fooled by him.

please advise, hope you can help me.

Not possible to tell whether they are Lee Archives or originals, without more pix.

The fades certainly look fake to me. But that said, sometimes old fades that are totally genuine can look what we would call "fake."

The rear tag going threadbare and the rear patch shrinking, hardening, and falling part of the way off would not be factory distressing. That doesn't mean they aren't repros, though. They could just be worn and repeatedly washed repros.

Are there any inside tags, or evidence of them formerly being there?

Edited by 428CJ

Why is the new member above getting slammed with so many negs? What did he do wrong? Obviously English is not his primary language. Couldn't his error be a result of that? Wouldn't this be a better teaching moment and explaining to him and some of us what sin he committed rather than a public stoning so close to Christmas?

Edited by Pedro

Entirely reasonable Questions Pedro. 

@indoverificator Hi,

I think to improve your prospects next time you have a similar question:

- post the question in a dedicated Lee thread (this kind of post doesn’t warrant a new thread)

- provide more photos (particularly any care tags)

- edit any repeated posts (double posts) to remove content and replace with a quick apology along the lines of ‘double post’

I’m just mostly repeating what has been said above. These are some unwritten rules that as a new member you’re probably unaware of. Hell they may be written down but who’s got time to check.

For what it’s worth I don’t think they are counterfeit but are a worn pair of jeans that were already predistressed. Not original vintage but a repro. Again, repeating what people have already said. Importantly for you people here are agreeing they are not fake. 

Welcome to the forum. 

19 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Not possible to tell whether they are Lee Archives or originals, without more pix.

The fades certainly look fake to me. But that said, sometimes old fades that are totally genuine can look what we would call "fake."

The rear tag going threadbare and the rear patch shrinking, hardening, and falling part of the way off would not be factory distressing. That doesn't mean they aren't repros, though. They could just be worn and repeatedly washed repros.

Are there any inside tags, or evidence of them formerly being there?

Thank you for your explanation, actually there's no inside wash tag (back on main zipper) that usually happened on repro's, the white label inside the back pocket also totally unreadable. the only thing clear to see is the "zipper gripper" on the main zipper, any advise?

17 hours ago, Pedro said:

Why is the new member above getting slammed with so many negs? What did he do wrong? Obviously English is not his primary language. Couldn't his error be a result of that? Wouldn't this be a better teaching moment and explaining to him and some of us what sin he committed rather than a public stoning so close to Christmas?

thank you for your support, actually i did not know why they keep sending me negative reputation. I only try to find an answer about my denim and I just reply to the person who response my question.

merry christmas and happy holiday to you.

10 hours ago, unders said:

Entirely reasonable Questions Pedro. 

@indoverificator Hi,

I think to improve your prospects next time you have a similar question:

- post the question in a dedicated Lee thread (this kind of post doesn’t warrant a new thread)

- provide more photos (particularly any care tags)

- edit any repeated posts (double posts) to remove content and replace with a quick apology along the lines of ‘double post’

I’m just mostly repeating what has been said above. These are some unwritten rules that as a new member you’re probably unaware of. Hell they may be written down but who’s got time to check.

For what it’s worth I don’t think they are counterfeit but are a worn pair of jeans that were already predistressed. Not original vintage but a repro. Again, repeating what people have already said. Importantly for you people here are agreeing they are not fake. 

Welcome to the forum. 

Thank you for your response. you also the only one who welcoming me to this forum, much appreciated. I already read your suggest about rules of posting new thread that I did not know about this before.

your answer that saying my jeans is not counterfeit also relieving me since I spent some money to buy it and never expected to get fake item. 

once again, thank you and merry christmas.

5 hours ago, indoverificator said:

Thank you for your response. you also the only one who welcoming me to this forum, much appreciated. I already read your suggest about rules of posting new thread that I did not know about this before.

your answer that saying my jeans is not counterfeit also relieving me since I spent some money to buy it and never expected to get fake item. 

once again, thank you and merry christmas.

END OF THREAD? I fucking hope so.

I am not sure what you mean by "counterfeit" in this case.

They are either original ("vintage") jeans, or they are authorized reproductions made by Edwin under license from Lee. Neither of these could appropriately be called "counterfeit." "Counterfeit" would be an unauthorized reproduction.

Again, the question is whether they are old jeans, or authorized reproductions. "Counterfeit" is not really one of the likely options.

6 hours ago, FAB FOUR said:

END OF THREAD? I fucking hope so.

What is wrong with you? 

First off it is Christmas.

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

I suggest you adjust your attitude and grow up.

@indoverificator

I looked closely at the photos and I do see indications of genuine fading so I think it is possible that those pants were factory distressed as members have indicated but they have been worn long enough that there is also real-world fade also.

Edited by Pedro

They are authentic fake genuine counterfeit originals, naturally predistressed by organic climate change, coastal erosion, the undercarriage of numerous Olympic athletes, the periodic table of elements and Chinese correction facilities for errant denim overalls. Sell them immediately on aBey for gazillions of ¥£€$!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

To be fair it only fits 100% in this thread because he created this thread for this question instead of using the Small Questions thread on the top of the forum:

Lee.JPG.c0466ecc402f9cc247839d904f0d26e2.JPG

@beautiful_FrEaK

OK. 

But there are several posts dedicated to cats and to kitchen knives and “how I spent my weekend” and who knows what other non-denim topics...Lol...which receive no enforcement effort or negative reps and this is often because of the clique mentality which often rears its head. When its a new member and he is bashed by negative reps rather than positive assistance then it becomes nothing more than group bullying. (This is why some forums have eliminated the variations of “reps” and “likes”.)

I would like to think a community unites against bullying, especially senior members like yourself.

Edited by Pedro

3 hours ago, 428CJ said:

I am not sure what you mean by "counterfeit" in this case.

They are either original ("vintage") jeans, or they are authorized reproductions made by Edwin under license from Lee. Neither of these could appropriately be called "counterfeit." "Counterfeit" would be an unauthorized reproduction.

Again, the question is whether they are old jeans, or authorized reproductions. "Counterfeit" is not really one of the likely options.

much appreciated for your opinion. thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

What is wrong with you? 

First off it is Christmas.

I suggest you adjust your attitude and grow up.

@indoverificator

I looked closely at the photos and I do see indications of genuine fading so I think it is possible that those pants were factory distressed as members have indicated but they have been worn long enough that there is also real-world fade also.

noted. thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They are authentic fake genuine counterfeit originals, naturally predistressed by organic climate change, coastal erosion, the undercarriage of numerous Olympic athletes, the periodic table of elements and Chinese correction facilities for errant denim overalls. Sell them immediately on aBey for gazillions of ¥£€$!!!!!!

honestly, i don't understand what you mean but thank you for your opinion.

It’s not a matter of bullying. If you were around in the earlier sufu days this wouldn’t have even been a blip on your radar. It’s a matter of disregard for how the forums work. He’s spamming Denimbro too. Next time just use the small questions thread or dedicated Lee thread.

...and don’t bump the thread every hour until somebody jumps in to help.