Denime

I was thinking I might need to pick up a pair of those 25th Anniversary pairs, but then I saw this - I had no idea they were a thing. Damn. 

Should get both. 

I have a solution, you order both, but you can send the evisu here and live vicariously through me. But seriously, if I had $$$ I would get both.

Thanks mate, I'm very fond of them, of course there's sentimental reasons too with them being my first pair of selvedge, and my first Japanese pair. 

I'm in half a mind whether to stitch the seam back, or patch from inside or out - I do suspect that if I stitch the seam it'll eventually happen again, whereas if I patch them it'd reinforce. 

It happened yesterday while going to sit on the floor. Riiiiippppp!!!

I take it these are the ones you wore freeballing? That's another reason to be sentimental about them.... I'd have the seam stitched back with strong yarn, an outside patch will not look good, an inside one possibly feel less than pleasant when wearing them tight on the bare skin.

Good work Hog! Do you fit them again?

@Mr_Bielby: how tightly wrapped was you vacuum bag before you opened the 25th anniversary pair? And does you pair have a chainstitch run-off at the waistband like it was advertized? Mine doesn't have it and the bag was quite loose

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'm tempted but I'll probably hold off for a little bit, seeing as I've been wearing my Roys pretty exclusively.

The cut and fabric both look really great, and I love the Warehouse-esque patch too.

And done.

Denime 25th Size 34. After 2 warm soaks and approx 1 week of wear

Waist: 36"

Front rise: 11"

Back rise: 15,125"

Thigh: 12,9"

Knee: 9,4"

Leg opening: 7,25"

Inseam: 34,75"

Jesus, that waist to hem ratio is crazy!

• 1 month later...

ibirqzfRrir21d.JPG

Picked up the 66 of the old era to complete my collection of the Osaka 5.

Been visiting the auction page for sometime, really thankful I found this pair in pretty good condition.

ibfXhqeNl4zg9L.JPG

First thing that really caught my eyes is the "stubby" rivets used, nice & rounded.

i4R9JAKwOH4oE.JPG

rivets silver back (zinc?)

iTOYQfEs3hzca.JPG

Pretty solid, thick bar-tack backpocket.

ibsDcJq5kqUmle.JPG

iuzkF7xAJWgQB.JPG

Orange-lemony Selvage line

iv99FBc1UTgF1.JPG

Crackling paper-patch.

Not really fond of paper patch but it would not be a proper 66 repro without it.

i5Adzxmu69kPA.JPG

Last but not least, the fabric itself, smooth at first touch but the texture comes alive as you move your hand across the fabric, really nice!

Obligatory fitpic to go along....

ixEvYe4Hu0mhS.JPG ibxGXZ4r5EauXL.JPG

ibbe5o9I28dqLl.JPG

Quite sure this pair gone through initial wash/soak, might just give it another hot soak when I get around to wearing it.

Cheers! :)

Edited by redragon