Denime

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great jacket Flo!!!!!

Updated fit pic of my '37s after a week of wear. I was a little worried that they would be too small in the waist since I downsized one but they've stretched out enough to be comfortable. A bit of fabric bunching up in the crotch but otherwise I think they fit quite nicely.

16778088039_741e5b9737_z.jpg

going to get me denime's 66xx.

but i could use some sizing advice:
in my IH 634s and 666UHR I have an 80cm waistband (measured 360° from the inside) and a front rise of 28/27cm.

now that the denimes have a lower rise, should i get a 30 (79cm raw denimio) or 31 (82cm raw denimio)?

thanks ahead!

Edited by Blue Nemo

Not a denime expert but for common sense if your IH sit on the waist and the denime are going to sit on your hips it'd be better if they were a hair larger. If your IH sit on your hips you could decide to try a 30. You'd better wait til someone more knowledgeable about the fabric will tell you how much stretch you coul expect though.

would say so too, and just to correct myself, the measurements of the denime i posted (from denimio) were raw.

then again its just a single centimeter, maybe a bit more, that is between the IHs and the 66xx......

Size up - you can always shrink them down in a dryer and get great plucking effects. But b_f might be able to help you better with his experience on shrinkage / stretch.

Edit: Just found this on the denimio site: 99% of all size exchanges are due to picking a size too small. If you are in between two sizes, we advise you to choose a bigger size than a smaller size.

<_<

Edited by Max Power

Size up - you can always shrink them down in a dryer and get great plucking effects. But b_f might be able to help you better with his experience on shrinkage / stretch.

Edit: Just found this on the denimio site: 99% of all size exchanges are due to picking a size too small. If you are in between two sizes, we advise you to choose a bigger size than a smaller size.

<_<

yeah, you know, you can't trust retailers  :ph34r:

kiddin,

i just wanted to get some real advice from people who realy are into this shit  ^_^

Yeah.. theres no stretch big enough to bridge the gap between waist button and button hole, i'm a 32 waist but need a 34 in these.

Well the 66xx landed and have been washed twice.. christ I need another size up because of the ridiculous low rise, nice denim though!

sorry fellas, i was lazy  :blush:

Yes Constantin, "simply" read this whole thread and you will learn a lot  :D  ;)

Regarding your owner question about Denime. In the Osaka 5 article you read, there is talk about World Inc. I only know that the earliest made Denime are referred to as "Capital Made". You usually find a tag inside the right back pocket. In the Capital-era there are 2 kanji on the tag, later it is Orizzonti, then Shins and now a complete new tag.

Since I don't really now what the kanji reads, it might have a connection to World Inc.

Yes Constantin, "simply" read this whole thread and you will learn a lot  :D  ;)

Regarding your owner question about Denime. In the Osaka 5 article you read, there is talk about World Inc. I only know that the earliest made Denime are referred to as "Capital Made". You usually find a tag inside the right back pocket. In the Capital-era there are 2 kanji on the tag, later it is Orizzonti, then Shins and now a complete new tag.

Since I don't really now what the kanji reads, it might have a connection to World Inc.

to be honest, I used the search function with 66xx and I read all of it  :wacko:

and the two helpful posts were not included  :P

i was referring to the article as well, don't believe its a hoax, maybe i should use googles' search function as well with world co. haha... that mysterious textile behemoth :ph34r:

Sorry to intervine.....

I assume it says "日本製" - which means "Made in Japan". That's all really.

In the Capital-era there are 2 kanji on the tag, later it is Orizzonti, then Shins and now a complete new tag.
Edited by Naoto

Three - Levi's pre-distressed (bought 15 years ago), Nudie Ralf (bought 9 years ago) and Uniqlo selvaged (only one year old) going back and forth....... :sad:

Edited by Naoto

Naoto

Sounds like you have some old stuff at your legs. Any updates from your old styled Nudie Regular Ralf? You can send me pics on PM too

Naoto

Sounds like you have some old stuff at your legs. Any updates from your old styled Nudie Regular Ralf? You can send me pics on PM too

Oh! Though I bought my Ralf 9 years ago, I only wore them for a year or so.....they look nice but I could have done better.

Here are my contribution in this thread.......

cROCVq.jpg

ErYEBN.jpg

Great updates Edmond and Naoto

And keep your Ralfs alive for ever since this old Nudie style is out of production since ages.

Are they still never washed?

Great updates Edmond and Naoto

And keep your Ralfs alive for ever since this old Nudie style is out of production since ages.

Are they still never washed?

I washed once before making them retired.....no wash since then. Thank god I haven't gained weight so I can still wear them.

By the way, the last picture was a closed-up pic of repairing work for the crashed crotch of Tokyo model done by Denime - they'd do it free when you showed your guarantee card at the time but I wonder if they still do it.....(FYI, I saw Denime Kyoto had been completely demolished when I popped in Kyoto early this year..... :( )