Denime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a new pair of Denime XX by SHINS Inc in the summer last year in Miyazaki, Japan. Without knowing when the shop opened, I decided to get there as early as possible which was 10am, and it was open. The owner said that it opens at 11, but he came early for some reason, which was lucky for me as I didn't have time to wait around for an hour.

A couple pictures of the shop.

5488106240_e12d588acc.jpg

5487510441_acf716a50f.jpg

The owner had his pair of his XX's on display in the shop, which had been worn for 1 year and washed every month. I really liked the nice vintage fade that was going on. I took a quick picture of them:

5488105196_60259a5d57.jpg

He was really nice, and knowledgeable, explained the Denime situation to me (which is basically all in this thread) and showed me the pairs he had left of the old stock. He had 1 pair of XX left and it was in my size. Even luckier.

5487510127_f7ec58ac00.jpg

Needless to say I bought it. He was nice enough to throw in some free pieces of denim for patching (I had asked him if he had any spare pieces of denim I could buy) and a Denime lighter, which he said they won't be making any more of.

5487511137_5bdd551b46.jpg

He also had a custom made 10 year old Redmoon wallet which was amazing, didn't get a pic of that though unfortunately.

Anyhow, here the jeans are now, they've got about 5 months of wear or so. initial soak, a couple tropical downpour soaks and another soak, no wash yet.

5487450913_e97007a60b.jpg

5488045902_81c78353e7.jpg

If you're ever in the area, give the shop a visit. It's a nice shop inside and out and the owner's a cool guy. I'm not sure if he speaks english though. Here's the shop's website for reference http://www.bengalac.com

Will post updates and fit pics later on.

Again, thanks for posting. If anything really nailed that late 60s look, those did. Denime always seem to get great train-tracks, too, better than LVC. I would really like a skinny, short, 66 cut for my post-ROY jeans, maybe I need a friend to find some old stock for me.

Again, thanks for posting. If anything really nailed that late 60s look, those did. Denime always seem to get great train-tracks, too, better than LVC. I would really like a skinny, short, 66 cut for my post-ROY jeans, maybe I need a friend to find some old stock for me.

PM'ed you ;) !

• 3 weeks later...

have a quick question about the stretch in the xx fabric , i know the general rule with the xx denim is to size up at least one , but with shins no more pickings are slim , so my question is dose the denim stretch back to its raw measurements

thanks for any help

• 1 month later...