Denime

I checked a magazine article once posted by alomstnice. In this article, Hitoshi Tsujimoto was named as the new owner of Denime and IS also owner of Real McCoys.

Here you can see how he looks like ;)

tsujimoto-799878.jpg

In the artice was also written that Tsujimoto quit the work with Kurabo and Kaihara and that smaller but more factories are now supplying the denim. I don't know how accurate this article is though

and aaaaanother update.

First, the new tag inside the right back pocket

P1030730.jpg

I looked a bit at the construction, stitching wise.

My new pair of XX

P1030731.jpg

P1030732.jpg

Compared to my 66XX

P1030733.jpg

P1030734.jpg

Apart from the color of the thread, the stitching on the older pairs was "tighter", more narrow. Dunno how to name it.

Comparing with 2 pairs of Samurai jeans:

S0510XX66-2: tighter

P1030729.jpg

S500JX-LR: even more tighter

P1030728.jpg

I'm no expert on this so I don't know if the "looser" stitching on the XX affects the durability and if it is correct for a '50s jeans.

But in my opinion, the tighter stiches look more durable and "more expensive", better made.

Nice updates, bF. The new 66 also has the same "broad" stitch pattern, which probably makes it a "new" product feautre. And I agree--intuitively, it would seem to indicate a slightly lesser made jean. I mean, how hard is it for quality jeans manufacturers in Japan to make a more "narrow" reinforcement? However, I like it for some reason. Maybe because it's a little unique to what's out there. I may be eating those words down the line if these don't turn out to be durable...

Nothing really new yet-- I'll post pics next weekend as I plan to soak em for the first time. I'm going up to VIrginia until Sunday so I won't be able to do much of anything picture-wise til then. I'll put up pre-and post-soak measurements as well. Progress may be slow in October, as I will be rotating them in with the Roy tour jeans.

wow...Orrizonti-era! Great buy!

well, 66XX also had leather patch, that should help you to distinguish the 66 from the 66XX.

At least that's how it was with Shins but I think it's the same with Orrizonti- Also different rivets. The 66XX hasn't those "bubbly" rivets.

I demand fit pics!

Nice looking fit. It's easier to judge now. The pic before was kinda dark.

Have you noticed some improvement in comfort?

well, the waist is fine, just the thighs are a tad too small. So, it's the cut, not the size. XX would be better for me, I think. But still, these could grow on me. And I might drop some pounds if they were mine.

15th anniversary? did you get those recently? or did I miss something?

Do you remember this pair of yours when they were new? :) Your Tokyo Edition. One of the best fits I've ever seen

haha yes I remember how hard it was to get them from a friend in Japan and to figure the right sizing. but all went good

I got the 15th type in almost new conditions a couple of years ago and I'm starting to wear them now

a bit of help please anyone. just picked up some second hand denime. leather patch, red tab, lot number 145. no label on the inside saying orrizonti, denime or whetever. they're nice, hidden rivets...maybe the denim feels a bit "thin"... but that could be because i mostly wear samurai.

any clue if they're shins, orrizonti, pirate thai copies? any clues i can look for on them?

thanks