Denime

ok,thats what i ment.worn away threads on exposed areas are pretty normal on all my pairs.looks like the problem appears to the contest ones only.

anyway,repair and wear...

Yeah, I did a small repair job today on my pair and I've used polythread :eek:

noooooo!!!salaami will never talk to you anymore,naughty boy!

i did some reinforcing of the backseam today,same damage like on your pics some days ago,and i used some thread which came closest colourwise.i dont know what it is and as long as it last i dont care...

noooooo!!!salaami will never talk to you anymore,naughty boy!

i did some reinforcing of the backseam today,same damage like on your pics some days ago,and i used some thread which came closest colourwise.i dont know what it is and as long as it last i dont care...

Salaami must wear his pair reversed to get new respect from me :P

It's a shame cuz' you can see the cotton thread fade with every wash, the poly won't. But I did the same, nice matching colour and I'm sure the poly thread is everlasting. Peace, I take it as part of the individual progress. None of the contest pairs looks like another, every pair is really one of a kind.

@ Leonard Leroy: buy 'em loose, they shrink like nothing.

trying to debate getting a 29 or 30 now. I tried them on today, the standard xx.

They were both pretty snug, although that might be the starch.

I want the waist to stretch to a 30-31

after the initial soak and two hot washes my 66 tagged 34 stretched to 17,5" now,if that is of any help.

size 29 standard xx's currently drying after a hot soak. Can't wait to take them to the tailor tomorrow.

It turns out I was actually trying on the 66xx yesterday, that's why they were so snug.

I got a lot of room in the standard xx. I could have done a 28 really, but I pity the cotton threads and I want as much length and rise to survive the soak as possible.

Gonna taper them to match the legs on my skulls, gonna be fun.

Can I expect to get most of the XX shrinkage out with one long, hot soak?

I'm very, very to starting on these but I know I'll hate myself for it. Currently only 3 months in to a pair of Buzz Rickson 42s...

Can I expect to get most of the XX shrinkage out with one long, hot soak?

I'm very, very to starting on these but I know I'll hate myself for it. Currently only 3 months in to a pair of Buzz Rickson 42s...

You'll get the most shrinkage outa them, but they'll shrink again with more washes/soaks. I guess they need 8 or 10 wet to dry cycles to get their final size.

shit, repair em' with whatever you want. i use cotton thread for repairs since i have to handstitch everything, which means the thread is doubled over on all the stitches. im a big fan of making the repair stronger than original, cause you know that specific area gets more abuse than others...

Shit I forget how stiff jeans can be.

This. I honestly can't remember any pair feeling like this post-soak. I think it's enhanced by the fact that I sized up 2 on these, so they feel super chunky. Kinda dig it though.

Thought this thread could use a bump.

So, I went to B.I.G. with the intention of getting the 1108s. I tried them on, and really liked them. But then I tried the 66xx. Denim just felt like another level. Heavier, sturdier, and less slubby. Needless to say, I picked up the Denimes. It's crazy how stiff the denim is though. I've been wearing my 660s (and washing them every week) and compared to those, the 66xx feels like cardboard.

Can't wait to start breaking these in.

yeah, this morning i was smoking on the backporch and thinking '' this denime xx denim feels thicker than most 14 oz. denims''. i know via kiya that thicker denim doesn't directly translate to heavier, but this xx denim is crazy rugged. but once you wear it and wash it quite a bit it becomes very comfy. it's like a steak that you bite and you have to chew it quite a bit before you can swallow. happy dining!

Is it just me, or is it hard to get the XX denim to crease? I bought a pair raw and it's taking a long time for them to set it. I probably should have worn them dry. It isn't a big deal, it just seems odd. I think it's just been awhile since I've had a non one-wash pair of jeans.

dont worry about it.... you will get a more vintage type of fading without the distinctive whiskering