Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

I had forgotten how soft and comfy the jeans were already after the initial wash. Very happy to get this started again and see how easy Karl will win it.

Not too tight: Can't speak for the rest but I didn't have a tracking number. 

Edit: here are two pics from a night of indigo dyeing about a week ago. My friend Johan holds courses in dyeing and shibori. Check out moniker @dyeforindigo on Instagram if you want to see more fun stuff. 

IMG_6029.thumb.JPG.097b940b24d786eb6b08cf36d8de9485.JPG

IMG_6031.thumb.JPG.5308b290ac07e1e663fdae3a740f8ce4.JPG

Edited by Bobbo

9 hours ago, not too tight said:

Is there a tracking number list? I have no idea how to check where my pair is or what's happening with them.

would be wise to ask for tracking number if everybody already received theirs.

*i aint got no track num too

Did ask Inoue a while back - did not get a reply...

since my mobile number was on the address EMS Russia texted me once the package entered Russian territory.

did run my tuxedo through the washer yesterday night - pulled inside out, standard washing and spin at 50C with no detergent, 1hr hot dryer afterwards.

came out almost dry and pretty crumbled - leather patches made it out OK - put it on the clothing rack overnight  - jeans and jacket shrunk quite a lot - jacket is now tight, but should be manageable I hope.

flying to Berlin for the weekend - planning to sport the tuxedo tomorrow for the first time, together with TCB's RanchMan...

jeans soaked, and line dried. love them, the arcs have somewhat of a manga vibe to them. I like it, although that's a touch that detracts from the overall repro vibe of the jeans. I'm going to keep them.
the shorter inseam worked great, finally I can rock a single cuff. pit fics later on today!
to me the 20s are the best cut made by tcb so far, better than 50s and 60s.

TO THOSE IN NEED OF TRACKING ID'S, hit me up via PM

welcome @dau!!!

as promised (threatened?) some chatterings...

tcb50s vs tcb20s

(50s on right - with pink selvedge, 20s on left, white selvedge)

WkcMkwY.jpg

50s close-ups
Xt3kTd0.jpg

8SY0o9m.jpg

20s close ups
7j1h5N0.jpg

mybUljx.jpg

IEVBeol.jpg

and then lvc's version of 1936 denim (jacket)
frdL7xB.jpg

and then in the spirit of drowning in fabric optics: a quick shot from a sonia delauney film from 1927 (so era appropriate...) seen at the bfi...

IMG_7300.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

@bartlebyyphonics my thoughts on 50s vs 20s fabric. 50s is definitely slubbier, however the 20s, while softer and lighter, have a grainier texture almost like a soft sand paper (an oxymoron I know). Looking forward to everyone getting their jeans back and this thread returning to full glory

Edited by nycsurfer530

WOOOOO WEEEE!!! I took off work today because I'm getting tattooed later and I'm lazy but it paid off because the post woman just delivered my pair!!!!!! 

I'm about to throw them in for a hot rinse with no spin and then hang dry for maximum crunchiness hopefully! I gotta get my hands on some of that liquid starch.

almost beer o clock here too

I9vipP9h.jpg?1

you all may aware from my Instagram rambles that I consider myself more of a cheap beer connoisseur than a craft beer lover. Although when craft beer comes as a present from a pants friend I can make an exception haha. Thanks @mariano_vittori

15 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Woho, weekend vibes. Got myself some great beer to kick it off. Have a good weekend all!

IMG_6089.thumb.JPG.b817f0bd6714f4ed41024e8b482532c9.JPG

yummie omnipollo amurga. Fuck proper beer glasses. IMG_6090.thumb.JPG.9a77adc66ec68f6f310a377d03bce7a9.JPG

Some goodies there. Oude Gueuze is definitely an acquired taste. I once described it as like beer with tomato juice and battery acid in. In a good way. Still waiting for my pair to return ....

Edited by Topgearskin