Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

well i'm not sure if many realise but dwc forum and sufu run similiar upload format as opposed to the html by ironheart forum. so if you're posting on sufu and dwc. it's a matter of copy and then "paste and match style". but do start with using the dwc board and then copying and pasting to sufu..

I have PMed mega about the problem with editing posts on the dwc forum. I understand why the forum was set up. It will be easier for the judges at the end going through one pair of jeans at a time. Seeing the progress and so on.

I only update my two threads there. I rarely surf around in there. The forum is to slow and it is not mobile friendly. And there is no real action going on in form of interaction between participants.

That is why I hang around here and on the IH forum.

Edited by nizzel55

I think it's natural, as These are the places that we all frequent on a regular Basis. I don't feel like clicking through all the single threads on the DWC Forum, so I rarely post there. If that means I'm out of the contest - ok, then I still have my denim.

Do we get kicked out of the regular comp. if we don't update on the DWC forum? Nuts if so.

I asked Gavin about that a few weeks ago.  They recommend updates every three months, but there's no set rule.  If you're only updating a handful of times in two years, that will be taken into consideration come judging. I've had minimal problems with the DWC site (only redirected to amazon a couple times), though it is slow.  There's been so little updating (only seven guys have updated in the last four months at the lightweight forum, and one of those was to say he was switching to a heavier division), and I only pay attention to posters wearing brands I like, so I haven't had any issue keeping up.  Actually been pretty disappointed at what flop the lightweight group has turned into since most of the participants have not updated in over six months (and as far as I'm concerned, they're out).  Some haven't posted anything beyond their initial post.      

Took a day trip to the east coast of Taiwan to a place called Yilan; went specifically to take a boat ride out around Turtle Island.

Local museum, in the shape of the island:

iLV2RJM.jpg

Turtle Island's "head":

eTHXYnK.jpg

The water is full of white (smelly) sulfur here because the island is an active volcano, hence the nice green ocean:

xa1finh.jpg

Pill boxes left over from WWII:

4d8lBZH.jpg

Saw a lot of dolphins:

FJMY7Fl.jpg

Got to pet this cockatoo:

0upnN2n.jpg

Sashimi and other assorted seafood in the process of being wolfed down:

L8xhRfC.jpg

B8KmDeS.jpg

After getting sea water (and miso soup) on the Canes, gave them another wash back home:

GzBbMFP.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Thanks guys!  Gonna give it my best, but I think the heavier weight guys are going to have an advantage overall.  I'm going to continue wearing them five days a week until my first year is up May 7th, so I reach 275 wears for the first year.  After that, I'm planning on dropping back to 3 to 4 days a week so I finish at 450.  I wanted to hit 500, and still might depending on how these hold up, but I can already see them wanting to start down the same road as my LVC '55s from the cultizm contest (worn too much).  So, while I'll be cutting back to preserve something that will be wearable 13 months from now, the guys in the heavier jeans should be able to shovel on the coal.     

I got back my jeans last week after some minor repairs.

So no I am back rocking my Indigo indigos. I love them. But I am not a fan of my cracks at the combs.

I tend to get them on all my jeans. Does not matter if I wash them early and regularly. They still rip for some reason.

Oh well. Here is some not so good pictures. :)

2016-03-28 - 225 days (01 soak, 03 machine wash)

160328_IH666SII_32_d0225_018.jpg

160328_IH666SII_32_d0225_046.jpg

160328_IH666SII_32_d0225_052.jpg

160328_IH666SII_32_d0225_055.jpg

2016-04-01 - 229 days (01 soak, 03 machine wash)

Morning sun

160401_IH666SII_32_d0229_001.jpg

160401_IH666SII_32_d0229_002.jpg

Afternoon sun

160401_IH666SII_32_d0229_006.jpg

160401_IH666SII_32_d0229_007.jpg

Somet 008 (size 27)

7 months of wear

Flyweight Division

Crotch repair (preventative) last week, leading to 2 hour hot soak with a little detergent in a bathtub. Enjoy!  

IMG_20160406_005415.jpg

IMG_20160406_005307.jpg

IMG_20160406_005517.jpg

IMG_20160406_005456.jpg

IMG_20160406_005331.jpg

IMG_20160406_005427.jpg

IMG_20160406_005318.jpg

Edited by BigSugar

Got my cuff tears darned by Steven @ Railcar (which unfortunately took 5 weeks "round trip"). Just a week and a half later the crotch started to go, and then my patch job saved me from real embarrassment when two spots tore open that I didn't patch thoroughly enough. :blush:

IMG_0664%2Bcopy.jpg 

Initial patch job.IMG_0666%2Bcopy.jpgIMG_0667%2Bcopy.jpg

Hand-darned  patch reinforcement.

IMG_0695%2Bcopy.jpg

A few other new pics.

IMG_0694%2Bcopy.jpgIMG_0660%2Bcopy.jpgIMG_0676%2Bcopy.jpg