Gimmicks, Rarities, Collector's Stuff

Max Power

A topic I discussed with beautiful_Freak, in hope it get's some response. We'd love to see all your collector's items like coasters, flashers, banners, catalogues, bags and so on, preferably connected with our beloved (japanese) denim brands. This is not about necessarily about the denim itself but the little overlooked gimmicks.

I'm pretty sure that all of us who is in the game a few years has a serious amount of these little extras. I'll try to contribute later. Looking forward to your stuff!

Edited by Max Power

I have a cardboard box where I keep all my flashers, price tags, left over denim from hemming, washing detergent, stickers, pins, little pouches, etc. which I accumulated over the years.

I have to admit I rarely look into that box. I’ll take a picture or something when I’m home!

Same here, all goes into the box and I think I'll be quite surprised what I accumulated over the last years. Will be fun to share.

Ok, I'll start with a denim item nevertheless. An one-off 32 oz Notebook bag, made by Benzak Denim Developpers to my specification.

857.jpg
858d.jpg
859d.jpg
sany0143n.jpg

I also have this calendar / banner:

dragon-year-calendar-momotaro-jeans.jpg

Edited by Max Power

awesome idea for a thread. pocket flashers, cotton bags (tender, Imogene and Willie,, buttons (APC) all add to the experience of buying a pair of awesome jeans. has anyone gotten any LVC stuff with a little burlap bag of stones? 

All of LVC's hardcover books are great. 

Awesome thread guys!

Well some of you have seen these already on the UES competition thread, but here are 2 closeup pics of my UES coaster that came with the package.

956a734c083b4f1cbf40d13774fcc4a3.jpg

9474c7d10e2351f39bb815e5168abec7.jpg

Edited by Somar

I would like to hire somebody to come to my house and box up all this stuff and do something with it.  (8)

I've got about 10 box fulls of random promo stuff from every brand imaginable, most brands we don't even carry at the shop.  It was really cool for the first few years but now it's just taking over.  I give a lot of it away, i'll chunks of it to one of the stores and drop some pieces into large orders from our webstore but eventually i'll have to purge somehow.

What have you got Kiya?

Anything worth a trade?

It's not even something i can start going into unless i knew i was going full-on and getting rid of a lot of it.  I may move this spring and that would be dealing with it, at that point i'll figure out a way to get it all out there.

It's not even something i can start going into unless i knew i was going full-on and getting rid of a lot of it.  I may move this spring and that would be dealing with it, at that point i'll figure out a way to get it all out there.

sell a grab bag in the SE webstore? I'd totally pay $10-20 for a random box of goodies. since this is free stuff it would be kinda shady to actually try to turn a profit, but charge enough to cover your employees' time and shipping.