WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

yeah, and its why you won't find much from me here besides pointing out to a few misguided folks that they're wasting their time.

wonder if the lot of them, deux, etc..are a bunch of masochists who enjoy giving you and your prepubescent crew some lowbrow entertainment. 

Been a while...

15735167982_0f4b966d5d_o.jpg

Julius (leather jacket)

Jan-Jan Van Essche (tunic)

Ann Demeulemeester (trousers + sneakers)

This is my favorite post here in ages, particularly love the way the sleeves of the tunic extend so long past the cuff of the leather, I like doing the same with my sweatshirt/sweater

Now your shoes are styled after victorian era leather shoes with an cushioned orthopedic sole tacked on.

It makes for a great casual leather shoe when you want to dress up a bit not, but compared to the wealth of shoes we have available today, they are uncomfortable with prolonged use, have to be kept dry because of the leather and are quite heavy and clunky to walk in.

I mean, it's great that you're trying to give substantive critique, but why focus so solely on utility, this is a fashion forum. For one, perhaps the Lad MA-1s are a little more substantial, but my MA-1 never held up to rain particularly well, and so if it was only a little shower, Docs are more than enough to keep you dry, assuming you're wearing long pants (like he is). It's a fashion-oriented piece (the asymmetrical zip didn't give it away) not just some milsurp jacket intended to keep the wind off his back

Secondly, I may be wrong, but I don't think most people care about the military history of the MA-1, but more about the broader cultural history of the MA-1 - Spirit of 69, 90s hip-hop, Gabber in Rotterdam, and all its use across film, popular literature, and television. Most people couldn't seem to care less about its military connotations (at least in a "Fashion" context), and to me, more militaristic styling (with say Nike SFBs and cargo pants) would look corny and do the piece a disservice. And if you think about it, wearing Docs with an MA-1 is a pretty tried-and-true concept.

And as for the point about comfort, I don't find them heavy nor clunky to walk in for extended periods of time - I used my first pair of Docs for school shoes for about 5 years as well as wearing them a lot of time outside school, and my current pair, now that they're broken in, are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Nike Frees come close, but they hardly look as nice, and they'll hold up far worse to adverse conditions if we're talking about utility, and I don't think anyone actually likes the look of Jacoform, Finn Comfort or any other orthopedic shoe.

I mean, it's great that you want to write more in this thread, but it seems like bizarre nitpicking on what is really a relatively austere but good outfit - the real abberration, like people have said, is his hair

Edited by lil goose egg deux

I wanted to say it the last time someone wore a bomber with leather derbies (uc ma-1 with 1461s iirc) but I'm going to say what's been bothering me for a while now instead and maybe you'll change your views too:

my grandfather used to be in the airforce and actually wore a ma-1 + dm's when he was on base so your silly fifty page 'authenticity' argument is completely moot.

Care to elaborate? I'm literally wearing all black drkshdw and a blood colored hoodie. This doesn't look anything like what he wears. 

"blood colored" lol

So wait is it brown like a used tampon that's been sitting in a bathroom trashcan for a long time or is it just red

Help me out I'm red-green colorblind

-sensible stuff-

agreed; let's occam's razor it:

on sufu, an object's historical context takes the backseat* vis a vis its cultural context and potential.

*not to say that it does not matter, as one best knows where they began to properly understand where they are going

that aside the man bun is just reviled now isn't it 

wanted to bitch slap someone when they went "ooooh you got a man bun too!"

bitch wtf got a man bun? i've been growing my hair out for more than two years -_-

carry on

why 4chan ppl droppin govts all the time? thinkin that they intimidating but they really sum pussyclot ladyboy muscle masseuses  

its the internet

no ones trying to be intimidating u sperg

did someone intimidate u

did they hurt ur feelings

lol

having seen what u look like btw

'pussyclot ladyboy muscle masseuses'

best describes it

look at this 4chan superstar, thinkin he big enough to slapbox with god. log the fuck out you piece of shit, there's enough nazi's invading sufu from your planet 

dude i SAW U

i saw what u look like IRL

its over for u my man

i doubt u can even maintain an erection

u look like u have some sort of endocrine disorder lmao

sorry about that dude lol

maybe next life

sorry dude that must suck haha

yo but dude is this really u lol?? fuuuck thats unfortunate

my condolences dude

1413098325574.jpg

im a big gay, i love men. problem with that u bigot? yo superfuture we got a bigot over here, we got a friggen BIGOT NAZI!!

can someone ban this prick before he triggers me again

nah i'm sayin

if u want 'im go get 'im~

i think he is asleep atm tho but pm him u rascal!!!

also deux pls stop govt dropping and bolding usernames or my head is going to explode