Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Question ! are lone wolf mechanics supposed to be a bit tight? Right now they feel a bit tight On top and my toes slightly touch when walking downhill ??..

mine were a little snug at first but after a bit of walking they broke in and loosened up. 

took some quick pics of mine after reading through some of the comments about lone wolf. i've worn mine 2-3 days a week for the last 6 months. super comfortable. 

MQcqPYsh.jpg

e1uCGaDh.jpg

I need to page through this thread... but looking for ideas on boots.

I am looking for a round toe, no toe cap, brown boot.  No speed hooks, no double outer stitching (like on whites), no Redwings, no OakStreetBootmakers.

I could possibly go with a plain toe cap, but I don't care for all the ornamentation that generally goes with it.

Thanks for the ideas!

@Fanya - from what you're describing, I think you'll have to look to White's, Nick's or Wesco for a custom job. Any of these three can make a boot with single row welt stitching. Lead time is the issue there. 

Or you can look to one of the Japanese brands, like Lone Wolf or Toys McCoy. Both make round toe lace up boots and engineer boots. 

Also, look up Ace boots on Instagram/Pintrest. They post some nice looking stuff. They have a couple of models that are stocked at different stores around the country. SE stocks their engineer. 

Edited by mpukas

I am looking for a round toe, no toe cap, brown boot.  No speed hooks, no double outer stitching (like on whites), no Redwings, no OakStreetBootmakers.

I could possibly go with a plain toe cap, but I don't care for all the ornamentation that generally goes with it.

Thanks for the ideas!

Have you seen " Last&Loom " iv got a pair on order and can review when they arrive .

I'd scroll through the boot comp thread to see a good variety of boots !

Thanks for the ideas!

Hey Fanya, For what you're looking for I would definitely go for a custom pair of White's, Nick's or Wesco (I'm pretty sure all three will do single row outsole stitching if asked). It'll be 3 or 4 months before you get your boots, but you'll get exactly what you want and they will last a lifetime.

Do you mean the double stitching on the welt?  If so, White's offers the option for single stitching ("close trim"), and in that case I think White's Semi-dress or Bounty Hunter is exactly what you're looking for..

"...no double outer stitching (like on whites)..."
Edited by tod

My brown domain Wesco Footpatrols arrived today.

Congrats, those are some sweet looking boots.  I just received my footpatrols over the weekend.  I went with the roughout though.  After 2 days of wear I can already tell they are going to be super comfortable.

Just got these from the recent trip to Japan...

HzlPtxr.jpg

Really like the unique touch from the Kohaze hooks fastener.

Cannot wait to see the aging potential with the Kakishibu canvas & leather combo.

Haha are those Kapital? Looking good! It's strange, I found out about them last night- a lot of their stuff if sort of shabby-chic but they have some really solid shoes/boots/hoodies/etc. I literally just came here to post a rakuten link to a rad pair of engineers:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/branding/item/s3453/ in case someone feels like picking them up. Doesn't look like they're in production any longer. Here's the pic:

s3453_1.jpg

Sagara Legacy Rough out - I wanted a boot similar to a service boot or boondocker but neither.  SO I went with a Legacy model with speed hooks, single leather sole with microrubber and a new Sagara Heel.

Here they are at the office right after I got them.  

20150415_092158_zpsjxv8ndhk.jpg

The rough out was quite light in color. 

20150415_120738_zpsz715bvoi.jpg

20150415_120749_zps5mts8dev.jpg

The rough out has a really nice texture to it.  More robust than suede or nubuck.  I was on the fence about using dubbin and ended up just going with Obenaufs HDLP.  I had some Sno Seal but I hate the smell.  If I need it when it gets cold again I might put some on.

Here they are after treatment.

20150416_140712_zpszzxdujhr.jpg

The photo doesn't do the texture justice.  I was worried that the application would flatten the nap of the leather (smooth out the rough out).  Once the Obenaufs absorbed the Nap came back out and there is more variance in the color.  

20150416_140723_zpsmzquoiyt.jpg

20150416_140757_zpssrfoq0qa.jpg

20150416_140827_zpsilxpzxqf.jpg

Texture of the tongue

20150416_174029_zpsgsuteshd.jpg

New Sagara Heels

20150416_174038_zpst3reejls.jpg

Micro rubber sole

Freak - Sagara have on their website photos of Combatant I and combatant IV a collaborative with old blue. I liked the look of both but The legacy has 4 speed hooks and I liked the profile a bit better. Mto price is US$308,89. I'm not sure if anyone else follows Sagara's instagram or Facebook page here but they don't use gemming. I know there has been some debate about this practice here but for me it is a big deal and why I will stick with Sagara.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...