supertalk6
kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

45 minutes ago, mpukas said:

I think Klondike is RW's best leather. Have you seen a pair IRL? 

Haven’t seen a pair in person yet, might go try a pair on today and see how they are. Not sure how to size on Red Wings. 

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Haven’t seen a pair in person yet, might go try a pair on today and see how they are. Not sure how to size on Red Wings. 

Haven't seen them in person either. But they look awesome. Bought a pair of iron rangers two weeks ago. So I want to use them as much as possible.

Told a friend to buy them. I want to see the break-in in person. Hopefully he buys them :D

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Doesn't Standard and Strange still have them?  If not, Wolfpack has them.

They’re sold out of my size, but I’ve got a local store that has some stock. I’ll probably try on a pair tomorrow since it’s payday. :D

Speaking of leather:

https://support.westernoutlets.com/hc/en-us/articles/227446688-Types-of-Leathers

Corncerning Bullhide leather from personal experience, it's a funny leather to me. On some days, it feels like death due to its stiffness and toughness and on other days, it feels like pillows regarding comfort.  It's a thicker leather when comparing it to Chromexcel and Dress leather as well.  I like that it handles abrasions quite well.

how to size on nicks??

you son of a bitch. theres no concrete result on google thahts why im asking!

Also they use the same lasts as whites except for the fire boots. 55 last and 4811 are both available from nicks 

Nicks wait time is very long from what I've read.  

It can be. Not in my case, my pair was ordered in store 6/29/15, received it in the mail 8/20/15. 7 weeks ain't bad.

After having much difficulty sizing and breaking in Red Wings and similar brands, figured it was worth stepping up to go custom fit...

Russell Moccasin Sporting Clays chukka in tan Laramie suede (added one extra set of eyelet rather than typical 3) 

Hathorn (White's) Rainer Oxford, with red dog smooth/rough out

The Russell's are a 9AA and the Whites are a 9C on the northwest last, which is the most perfect fitting shoe I've ever owned. Don't believe this model has the same arch-ease as most other whites, but is still damn comfortable as my primary work shoe, 5-6 days a week. 

The Russells are just on the cusp of feeling too narrow, but I suppose I couldn't also just not be as used to having a shoe feel properly snug in the right places

IMG_9640.JPG

IMG_9641.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

IMG_9643.JPG

IMG_9644.JPG

IMG_9645.JPG

I've never seen a false tongue on an oxford before due to length of said tongue.  I've been debating what exactly I should do with my Bullhide false tongue since I don't use it.

On 11/2/2017 at 3:34 AM, Fooleo said:

After having much difficulty sizing and breaking in Red Wings and similar brands, figured it was worth stepping up to go custom fit...

Russell Moccasin Sporting Clays chukka in tan Laramie suede (added one extra set of eyelet rather than typical 3) 

Hathorn (White's) Rainer Oxford, with red dog smooth/rough out

The Russell's are a 9AA and the Whites are a 9C on the northwest last, which is the most perfect fitting shoe I've ever owned. Don't believe this model has the same arch-ease as most other whites, but is still damn comfortable as my primary work shoe, 5-6 days a week. 

The Russells are just on the cusp of feeling too narrow, but I suppose I couldn't also just not be as used to having a shoe feel properly snug in the right places

IMG_9640.JPG

IMG_9641.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

IMG_9643.JPG

IMG_9644.JPG

IMG_9645.JPG

How to order from russel?

Wesco X Ship John Trigger Boots.  They are closing in on one year.

11tJi5Tl.jpg

IzG55anl.jpg

Wesco Boss 7400. These just came in the mail today.

TdWbLIkl.jpg

Htyo8bpl.jpg

Real mccoy n1 suede boots or the monkey boots?

Got a pair of Red Wing 9874's headed my way thanks to S&S. :ph34r:

I have a love and hate relationship with mine.  I barely wear mine to the point I break them out for work only.  Maybe I should break mine out during a waywt post.

I’m intrigued by the leather, and I need a causal black boot in my lineup. I’ve also never owned a pair of Red Wings before so it’s new to me. 

The Black Klondike is probably the best leather in RW's lineup; if I was in the market I'd be tempted by the 9874s or the Hunstman (the former probably better for being on your feet or all-day walking though). 

I have the 9874s and the 9875s and the Black Klondikes definitely broke in a lot easier. Both leathers are a step above the regular heritage line except for maybe the Mule Skinner leather, that one is their nicest heritage leather imho. 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:44 PM, Broark said:

Got a pair of Red Wing 9874's headed my way thanks to S&S. :ph34r:

Those are probably my favorite RWH release of the last 3 years, to be honest. I've been begging them to make me a pair in EE.