Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

erk ,

ive tried ordering from bryan but in the end had to give up; he sounds very friendly but the response to my emails was very slow to non-existant. guess hes too busy for international orders.

and sucks about alden stopping production of those 86 boots; they are on my want list...

I've never worked with him through Emails, but via telephone he was extremely helpful. he would instantly return phone calls, leave messages and such. That sucks you had a bad experience. maybe try calling him?

Is Obenauf's LP + Obenauf's water repellent a good idea for Grenson dress shoes?

Or is it too heavy-duty?

Not sure what you mean by 'too heavy-duty'...the LP will darken the leather and it will not cover up scuffs as polish would, which is generally what you want to do with dress shoes. It will protect the leather better than polish would, however.

I use polish on dress shoes since I generally don't want to change the color drastically and I baby them more than I do my boots, so I don't need them to be water proof/resistant.

Anyways, it won't ruin the shoes or anything--just depends on what you want.

took out my brown trickers yesterday

dsc03281.jpg

I risk utter heresy, but I think these are better looking than Indy's.

:cool:

I need black shoes for work (I see it as an excuse to buy some new boots I like). I was going to originally go into debt for White's Bounty Hunters, but I see I can get Red Wing GT's for around $200 from cultizm.com. I have Indy Boots in 11EEE, does anyone have both Indy Boots and GT's that can give me size comparisons? Does anyone know if you can get GT's cheaper? Thanks all.

you might want to look elsewhere if your foot is that wide. the Red Wing GTs run long and narrow and there is no option for a wide foot.

but, I would say go a half size down from your 405 size. some may say a whole size but I think that might be a bit much and the boot will be even more narrow for your wide foot.

I would say size UP from your alden size since the redwings are hella narrow. I wear 8.5EEE in indies and 9 or 9.5 in redwing. The size 9 iron rangers I have only permit me to wear thin socks since they are narrow across the base of the tongue.

b-dawg, i would rather listen to fre$co, as my feet seem to be on the other side of the spectrum. he at least has the same width as you have!

i know, obvious - just sayin' ...

yeah my feet are narrow too ( B width)

Or you could avoid any of this sizing confusion, go into debt, and get a ridiculously bad-ass pair of Bounty Hunters. They will fit you fantastically, fulfill any need for black workboots for the rest of your life, and most importantly, be all kinds of comfortable for long hours on your feet.

I think that is the best advice

yeah, its hard to beat zappos for speedy service and turn around time.

when I ordered a new pair of PF flyers from them I placed the order on monday - they got to my house at 4:00 the next day and were too small. So I called them for an exchange (if you call for an exchange you dont even have to wait for the shoes you're returning to get back to their warehouse). the new shoes were at my house the next day. And I didn't even have to pay for next day air either time...they just bumped me up cause thats how awesome they are.

With all this talk of sizing constraints due to wide feet (which I have), I was wondering how easy is it for shoes to stretch (just from regular wear) in this regard. I ask because I have a pair of dress shoes by Cole Haan I got at a thrift shop, and every time I wear them I get the worst blisters on the knuckles of my big toes (due to the creases left by the previous owner) and I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of these creases.

I've wanted to see some Aldens for a while now. I'm gonna be in St. Charles, IL over the weekend. Giesche is just down the street from the hotel I'm stayng in. KILLER!!!

Giesche Shoes of Geneva Inc.

(630) 232-2317

Ask for Bryan.

they don't have a website, but Bryan will answer any questions you have for him via telephone.

the store is a mom and pop shoe store that has been around forever and I cannot recommend them enough.

they can also get you anything made by Alden.

thats totally awesome. what luck!

I don't know if Bryan is working on the weekends, but anyone there should be able to get a good fit for you.

you should take pictures of the store. I'm curious as to what its like.