Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I think the alden store in Manhattan was selling black 405s about a year ago. as for sizing them...

The best place to buy them is not online, but from Giesche Shoes in Geneva IL. Ask for Ryan. GREAT service and unbeatable price.

go to a person who knows how to measure feet.

I went to an orthopedic shoe store.

have them measure your foot on the brannock device (the big metal thing in all shoe stores)

they will get 3 measurements from the device. one will be heel to toe, one will be heel to ball, the 3rd width.

The important measurement is heel to ball, but if your heel to toe measurement is larger than the ball measurement go with that.

then take your foot measurement and width and order that size. it will fit like a glove.

PS: thanks for the advice Fresco. I'll give Baker's a call today.

also, why didn't you go with linegear?

The Manhattan store is still selling them (or there were when I was there about 2 weeks ago) - black leather, white threads, look pretty dang cool.

Otherwise I agree with erk's suggestions

To anyone that has RW gentleman travelers, how did you size them? I wear a 12D in everything else red wing, including iron rangers that are broken in and feel great. I got the GTs a while ago but haven't worn them yet, tried them on again the other day and they felt huge for some reason, even though they almost exactly match my IRs, don't maybe I just need to break them in?

I was under the impression that the IRs use the same last as the GTs, but I could very easily be mistaken.

IF they do, the same size as your IRs should be right and wouldn't make sense that they feel big

i was looking at getting some boat/deck shoes but all the ones i have seen so far have disappointed me. as all of the bottems had thick 2 inch plastic made them so tacky was wondering if you guys knew some good ones or had any suggestions? thanks in advance

I was under the impression that the IRs use the same last as the GTs, but I could very easily be mistaken.

IF they do, the same size as your IRs should be right and wouldn't make sense that they feel big

Yeah I don't know, maybe they just feel weird right now. Either that or it's because my foot is still a bit numb from my surgery I had 2 months ago.

i was looking at getting some boat/deck shoes but all the ones i have seen so far have disappointed me. as all of the bottems had thick 2 inch plastic made them so tacky was wondering if you guys knew some good ones or had any suggestions? thanks in advance

sperry original authentics? Grabbed a pair for cheap a little while ago. Look better in person.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kzzLM2wUVXY/SMbSw4141sI/AAAAAAAAAGc/7VnxETyVZ_U/s400/authentic+original.jpg

Maybe a bit sidetracking from what you want but I prefer these to deck shoes: http://www.southwillard.com/designers/accessories/quoddy-shoes/brown-suede-brick-bottom-blucher/

More stuff in the moccasin thread...and I believe there is also a dedicated boat shoes thread as well?

cole:

those boots don't look that used? How bad were the soles before?

I love that jobmasters with the full laces... Did you get those new?

I just got their new catalog and they have some great choices now!

HH: Nah, just a few years old. The sole was good but the heels were at the NG zone, so I decided to change the whole thing. I was looking for a lighter midsole and a non-commando sole. Also I might have over oiled them to keep them shiny.

The new options are sick. Can do almost anything, as well as new skins.

AF89 / Black Calfskin / Leydon Last

img3074p.jpg

45611H / Cigar Cordovan / Modified Last

img3072.jpg

sweeeeeeeet, did you get those af89's with alden of carmel? they look grat worn in!