Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

so i was browsing around on ebay and saw several pairs of Trickers from the factory reject shop. Has anyone ever purchased a factory reject from trickers and can shed any light on very noticable differences in make (leather, stitching, etc.) vs. the non rejects. It is pretty hard to tell from the pictures that are up from the item...but i am sure there is some justification from the price. Any help is appreciated! :)

so i was browsing around on ebay and saw several pairs of Trickers from the factory reject shop. Has anyone ever purchased a factory reject from trickers and can shed any light on very noticable differences in make (leather, stitching, etc.) vs. the non rejects. It is pretty hard to tell from the pictures that are up from the item...but i am sure there is some justification from the price. Any help is appreciated! :)

Got some burford from them. The only thing was the tong tended to missplace and slide on the side. But I don't even really know if this can be considered as a problem. After really checking it I would say it is the leather that tends to fold unproperly. The construction is perfect and from the same standards.

From what I remember they tell what is the problem when it is noticeable. They also sell factory perfect, like overstock or strange colors like the mauve cordovan you can find today.

maybe I missed it but I saw this new boot from Whites.. the Traveler

2332Cx.jpg

http://www.bakershoe.com/whites-boots-catalog/whites-traveller.html

has anyone seen these in person or have other pics? I was going to order some semi-dress custom with pull tabs, but now i'm intrigued by these. The heel looks to be the same height as the on the semi-dress. I'm wondering whether a heel this big will look weird without the under slung shape to it.

i fell in love with this one...navy blue leather with natural edge and leather sole. my ideal would be natural edge with commando sole.:)

Fre$co..do you know how much to customize one like that?

2dka048.jpg

I think it is £450 for custom orders. As long as you don't choose exotic skins.

Thanks HH. I'll snap some more photos tomorrow and post em for you. It's really too bad they can't make boots like these anymore. The quality of the materials and construction are amazing.They're a sz. 10 and fit perfect so they're definite keepers.

I think they came out of my closet. Grant are those the JC Penny boots I sold on to you? Man, I wish they had fit me!

-Jake

Here are the promised pictures of my visit to Moto. I was impressed with the collection of shoes, belts, wallets and silver jewelry. The pieces all have a handmade quality and are exceptionally well crafted.

I had a hard time deciding which boots to buy, and by the time I made my purchase, I was late to meet my girlfriend and sister, so I only snapped a handful of quick pictures. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

An important point to note is that the shoes come in three sizes only: 1, 2 & 3. I typically wear a 9-9.5/42, and the size 2 fit me perfectly.

The uppers on the boots I bought are made out of one piece of leather, and have leather soles with vibram heels:

3498671541_8fa7ef3565_o.jpg

3498671843_90204bec87_o.jpg

3499487866_52a821ba94_o.jpg

3499487766_da7a5a3f49_o.jpg

Pictures of the store/shoe collection:

3499487044_73bf0d1306_o.jpg

3498670699_f9272a9466_o.jpg

The chukkas (that were one of my three choices):

3499487260_7385a324fe_o.jpg

A couple pairs of worn-in boots:

3499487474_6a11443a2f_o.jpg

3498671317_3628b57acb_o.jpg