Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

MrB - Careful, I have normal arches and when I first got my Whites I took them on a one month working trip and thought I had broken my feet! It felt like I was walking on the edge of a curb all day. It took the majority of the whole trip before I got used to it. I almost tossed them out a window.

Six years, one rebuild and one resole later, I still love them...

Thanks dave, I believe breaking in (the insole sits in) and habit makes it worth.

White's high arch comfort is not much being discussed here, any other opinion around? Again a comparison with wescos regular shank seems relevant.

I like the arch support of whites. It's certainly something to get used to but once you are strapped in and broken in, it woks well.

el segundo i wear my whites to work really... i work like going around construction site to another they seem to hurt at first just like a sized down samurai jeans but after breaking em in and all they feel good and you wont notice them being on your feet for more than 12 hours..

only drawback is that theyre a bit heavy compared to other modern boots specially with a double midsole

finally can make comment on the white's arch support, i have been wearing mine for 7 consecutive days now, the first 3 or 4 days for me is really hard to walk,, it feel weird and hurt abit. However, i guess it begin to broken in now and i am adjusting to it. Also, the arch support really feel comfortable while you are sitting.

As with all work boots, there is a break in period. It's easier if you actual use these boots for physical work, but I find the White's boot more comfortable in the long run, even though my arches are a bit flat. Wesco's take a little longer to break in, but are comfortable after a month or so.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone have any info on this brand?

I found the GT's to be oversized. I normally wear a 12 in work boots and found the 11 1/2 to fit better. You might size down 1/2 size.

A quick question about Red Wing GTs, if I wear 10.5 D in Alden Indys and White's Semi-Dress, what size Red Wing GT would work best? Thanks in advance.

I found the GT's to be oversized. I normally wear a 12 in work boots and found the 11 1/2 to fit better. You might size down 1/2 size.

but i also find GTs to be on the narrow side. so if you have narrow feet, i'd size down as rivet head suggested. but if you have wide feet, you might not.

nice wingtips Bernie!

they actually remind me of older florsheims...

Thx man. I prob shoulda gotten Florsheim longwings -- I wouldn't feel so guilty about spending so much $$ on Aldens.

The feet want what the feet want tho . . . shell cordovan. You get em once and you always have em!

Well I just combed through this beast of a thread but couldn't find what I was looking for...

I'm trying to figure out the differences between the White's packer and farmer/rancher. In the tiny pics on the Whites site, looks like packer has a taller heel?

Anyone own a pair of either or can point me to some pics?

Thanky.

Well I just combed through this beast of a thread but couldn't find what I was looking for...

I'm trying to figure out the differences between the White's packer and farmer/rancher. In the tiny pics on the Whites site, looks like packer has a taller heel?

Anyone own a pair of either or can point me to some pics?

Thanky.

it seems like the packer has a more pointed toe, but this farmer-rancher looks pretty nice..http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Farmer-Rancher-Black-6-top-Lined-sz-8-5E_W0QQitemZ310136116298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes?hash=item310136116298&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50