Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I ordered bounty hunters a few weeks back. Semi dress brown, brass hardwear and a double leather sole. I won't get them till august though as they are going to my friend in NYC who is bringing them over. Be sure to post pics when you get yours tmadd!

A couple of the Japanese stores have bounty hunters with good pictures. I'll post links tomorrow. As for seeing stuff in the flesh, I did get to see all leathers in japan. I'm sure bill has it all if you are near la.

What should I do about scuffs? I took an awesomely stupid, gnarly little fall today in my Quoddy boat shoes yesterday and scuffed up the side of the shoe pretty good. The leather is just torn up a little bit and then is lighter around the scuff with less damage to the leather itself. Any suggestions?

I ordered bounty hunters a few weeks back. Semi dress brown, brass hardwear and a double leather sole. I won't get them till august though as they are going to my friend in NYC who is bringing them over. Be sure to post pics when you get yours tmadd!

A couple of the Japanese stores have bounty hunters with good pictures. I'll post links tomorrow. As for seeing stuff in the flesh, I did get to see all leathers in japan. I'm sure bill has it all if you are near la.

Aside from hardware and the fact that my sole is a single not double, it sounds like we went for the same boot. Did you go for a 6 inch? Rolled top?

I will post pictures for sure, and can't wait to see shots of yours.

What should I do about scuffs?

I'd just use some shoe polish on it. Will cover up any damage reasonably well. Some people might advocate using some Pecards or some other kind of leather conditioner, but I think that's optional.

Aside from hardware and the fact that my sole is a single not double, it sounds like we went for the same boot. Did you go for a 6 inch? Rolled top?

I will post pictures for sure, and can't wait to see shots of yours.

apart from the hardwear and double sole everything is standard on mine, that's 5 or 6 inches, I forgot.

Ooooh! CrownZip!

Long time no see! Very nice boots!

Just wanna see 'em again.

LL

:cool:

MASH, one of the top Japanese re-producers of WWII gear made these great US Army roughout boots.

mashbootsfront.jpg

Here are some nice pictures of bounty hunters:

http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/goodsList.jsp?st=genco-clothing.com&category=9:4&action=category

http://blog.livedoor.jp/cranberry__sauce/archives/cat_33679.html

hey fardin,

Yes, they're mine and yes i've ordered from mash many times. yoshiro is great to deal with and usually ships things very fast.

ssup mate whats their email addy ? for mash i mean thanks! or a website?

hi fardin,

just checked mash's website and it looks like he's sold out of them. haven't seen buzz or toy's boots but i'm sure they're quite nice as well. btw, what size are you?

i'm thinking of putting the mash boots on ebay as i really don't wear them much at all.

yes pity then they will be to big. i have tryed on the red wings in 9 1/2 and they were to big for me.

but i bet you wont have a problem finding someone, although thanks for telling me

I visited the MOTO shop in Tokyo this afternoon and the shop/leather/shoes and boots are legitimate. Very quality handcrafted products and the cobbler/shopowner is skilled (and a kind man). I will be purchasing a pair tomorrow.

I told the owner about our interest in his work and be seemed humbled and impressed. Photos when I return home.

I visited the MOTO shop in Tokyo this afternoon and the shop/leather/shoes and boots are legitimate. Very quality handcrafted products and the cobbler/shopowner is skilled (and a kind man). I will be purchasing a pair tomorrow.

I told the owner about our interest in his work and be seemed humbled and impressed. Photos when I return home.

How much?

full photos and details are expected.....