Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

does anyone know if redwing is making these roughouts right now? seems like the general spots that almost always stock them don't have them in ... zappos, david z in the city, pop's is sold out in bburg as well...

228RW08173C.jpg

Guest DCDenim
yeah, its hard to beat zappos for speedy service and turn around time.

when I ordered a new pair of PF flyers from them I placed the order on monday - they got to my house at 4:00 the next day and were too small. So I called them for an exchange (if you call for an exchange you dont even have to wait for the shoes you're returning to get back to their warehouse). the new shoes were at my house the next day. And I didn't even have to pay for next day air either time...they just bumped me up cause thats how awesome they are.

are you a VIP member? because when I exchanged they required the old ones to get back first. I would imagine a lot of people wouldn't return shoes that way.. unless they bill you for the new pair as well and then credit you for the returned pair.

are you a VIP member? because when I exchanged they required the old ones to get back first. I would imagine a lot of people wouldn't return shoes that way.. unless they bill you for the new pair as well and then credit you for the returned pair.

thats how I would have had to do it if I hadn't called about an exchange. When I clicked on the order info there was a thing that said something like "we do exchanges too! call 1800 blah blah" so I called that number and the guy was super helpful and just transferred the money from the other order to the new order and didn't charge my card twice. After that he invited me to use the VIP thing...which anyone can do.

does anyone know if redwing is making these roughouts right now? seems like the general spots that almost always stock them don't have them in ... zappos, david z in the city, pop's is sold out in bburg as well...

I saw those on an online store the other week, just forgot the name....Damn, if I remember Ill let you know...its on the tip of my tongue

yoooooo, anyone got pictures of beat alden indys/!!?1?

Pm me your email and I will send you iPhone pics of beat Indys I am wearing right now.

Or you could avoid any of this sizing confusion, go into debt, and get a ridiculously bad-ass pair of Bounty Hunters. They will fit you fantastically, fulfill any need for black workboots for the rest of your life, and most importantly, be all kinds of comfortable for long hours on your feet.

That's the encouragement I need. I am broke now, but they don't charge until the boots ship, and by then, I will have saved up some money. I am thinking Bounty Hunters, black semi-dress leather, antique hardware, double leather outsole. I like my boots really tall, so I am considering doing the 8" rolled top, all eyelets. Feedback?

I think I like the brown edge better than the natural, but if I order it natural I can always just use polish to color it brown, yes?

That's the encouragement I need. I am broke now, but they don't charge until the boots ship, and by then, I will have saved up some money. I am thinking Bounty Hunters, black semi-dress leather, antique hardware, double leather outsole. I like my boots really tall, so I am considering doing the 8" rolled top, all eyelets. Feedback?

I think I like the brown edge better than the natural, but if I order it natural I can always just use polish to color it brown, yes?

personally I would get hooks. ever since I got my 405s i've been in love with the hooks. and I agree with you on the brown edge vs. natural. You may be able to polish it, but I don't think its gonna look the same.

PS: I requested a white's catalog weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. I even requested one to my house and my parents house(I've got family that lives in Spokane and my Dad has become interested in White's) and neither have shown up in like 3 weeks.

Unless you are doing captoe, single instead of double is all I would change...I think it better compliments the Sd last and a whites single will last a long long time. I like brown edge better than natural at first but evo will be amazing.

Unless you are doing captoe, single instead of double is all I would change...I think it better compliments the Sd last and a whites single will last a long long time. I like brown edge better than natural at first but evo will be amazing.

My bounty hunters are on the double leather sole. I had single leather on my SD and I thought I might like double leather this time. They have been delivered to my friend in NYC, now I have to wait til July for her to bring them over for me.

yoooooo, anyone got pictures of beat alden indys/!!?1?

Second pair from left is getting there...This is an old pic...

354414716.jpg

More current pic of that particular pair...

352275464.jpg

My bounty hunters are on the double leather sole. I had single leather on my SD and I thought I might like double leather this time. They have been delivered to my friend in NYC, now I have to wait til July for her to bring them over for me.

I kinda think the Bounty Hunters look burly enough that a single leather sole might get overpowered. Fre$co, have her take pics please!

personally I would get hooks. ever since I got my 405s i've been in love with the hooks. and I agree with you on the brown edge vs. natural. You may be able to polish it, but I don't think its gonna look the same.

PS: I requested a white's catalog weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. I even requested one to my house and my parents house(I've got family that lives in Spokane and my Dad has become interested in White's) and neither have shown up in like 3 weeks.

I already have the 405's with hooks, and I like (with the 8" boots I have) to be able to lace it halfway up and wrap the laces around the shaft of the boot if I feel like it. I think that would look silly with hooks though.

I also ordered a White's catalog a while ago, still no sign.

Lots of good Indy's on here! I need to polish mine and throw some pics up.

Second pair from left is getting there...This is an old pic...

Wow... did the 2nd from the left look like the far left at first? How have you been treating them to make them so red? Beautiful!

And what type of indy's are the other 2?

damnn. thanks for the pictures guys. looks like i'll be purchasing a pair from leather soul hawaii. can't to beat them in until the contrast stitch goes non-contrast, haha. i still need to see that picture of some model wearing some mad beat indys! that was the inspiration haha.

What are the pros and cons of choosing Bounty Hunters over the regular-toe SmokeJumper?

I've been angling for some Semi-Dresses, but there's a new Wesco mailer that has custom burgundy Jobmasters w/ a cap toe that I kind of love.

veg, you know i'm gonna hit you up soon for a pair!

Not a problem good Sir...Let me know when your ready and I will get you the info...

RedWing 1907 - rough and tough leather wears nice, even after re-oiling the leather keeps a great contrasty character after just a few wears. Love the 1907's exterior welt stitch.

Georgia Boot "Pair A Troopers" 70's version - these are pretty scraped up from a fall off my motorcycle

White's Semi Dress - Distressed Brown leather, single leather sole with a thinly planed cat's Paw on it.

L1020908_2.jpg

L1020909_2.jpg

L1020913_2.jpg

L1020914_2.jpg

L1020917_2.jpg

L1020926_2.jpg

L1020927_2.jpg

L1020928_2.jpg

White's Semi Dress - Distressed Brown leather, single leather sole with a thinly planed cat's Paw on it.

L1020928_2.jpg

Those are absolutely fantastic and are the first thing that has ever made me even considered buying something in a distressed version. Anyone know if the distressed leather that Whites uses is available as a non-distressed option, and if so, which leather it is?

Anyone know if the distressed leather that Whites uses is available as a non-distressed option, and if so, which leather it is?

They don't look distressed new. It's just an oiled brown leather. It takes on a lot of texture when it bends and shows scratches, that's all.

If you oil them, it all disappears and the shoes look smooth again.

Has anyone around here ordered a pair of white's from their catalog?

I just got my catalog and I've been looking through it and found some things that were a little strange...

special size patterns for weird feet and such will run you an extra 175 dollars and an extra 100 dollars for boots made for you after that.

the white's semi-dress is $380 for single leather sole and $395 for vibram

shipping is based upon how much your order costs? 17 dollars for items over 300 dollars( I think that would be about right for the weight of the boots) and an additional $150 deposit will be added to the total.

that sounds a little crazy and means I'm going to need to give them a total of $547 :eek:

even though its a deposit, it just sucks having to get so much money ready especially when you don't have much.

also, if you used the catalog, did you trace your foot on the included foot pattern and supply your measurements? i've always been interested in this and the possibility of a "perfect fit" from white's. So I'm wondering if it all worked out and if you think it was worth it.

the $365 they are sellin for at line gear looks more and more appealing...

You can still do the foot tracing through line gear or bakers, I think. I emailed line gear once and they were very helpful. Bakers took my order on the phone and said you can have anything that white's will do but the online ordering system doesn't give you a great deal of customisable options.