Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Don't want to bore you guys with another sizing advise question but about to shell out money for the 405's so better make sure I get a size that fits me.

I wear size 8C in White's Semi-dress and I was planning to pick up a size 8D in 405's but seems those have a 2 months waiting period so I'm thinking about purchasing size 8E. Is this most likely still to fit my feet (maybe use a insole) ? Also what size to get in Alden shoes with Leydon last?

Turntabloid; did you get those pictures from Anatomica? I didnt see a catalog online.

about the white's Hathorn line, any idea where in asia the tops are being manufactured?

Ummm.... I would try a few sources, like shoemart, etc. But for a shoe that you may own for more than a few years, why would you get something that you know won't fit off the bat? If you can't get them in a 8 D now, I would personally just put my name on a list and get them in 2 months. I mean Leather soul sends out order forms for Alden shoes that take 9 months. 2 months is nothing.

Ummm.... I would try a few sources, like shoemart, etc. But for a shoe that you may own for more than a few years, why would you get something that you know won't fit off the bat? If you can't get them in a 8 D now, I would personally just put my name on a list and get them in 2 months. I mean Leather soul sends out order forms for Alden shoes that take 9 months. 2 months is nothing.

I waited 4months for my pair of 405s...

... and make sure you get the size right with the modified last!

edit: really go with your size in a brannock device!

I live in Paris, and I had the chance to try a pair on (waiting to get the money to buy one) this modified last is just something wonderfull!!

I have a pair of truebalance Indies and the difference is just crazy!

I guess once you get a pair of these you can't wear anything else.

The arch support makes them so comfortable.

The staff is very nice also. Can't wait to get me a pair!!

that sucks man, i can tell you it wasnt me though!

i know a 2 months waiting time is not that long but since i'll be using a proxy (a fellow forum member), it means i have to pay him full and hope that he'll still be active online 2 months from now...

partytaco, where are you from? you get all your aldens from anatomica? great aging on those boots btw

does anyone here own the PBT boot with crepe sole from leather soul?

that boot looks amazing!

I'm at Dartmouth. There's actually a Colby guy on our team since he's doing the 3/2 engineering program

I also can do V-chop, but I want to get better at it. An old Dartmouth alum who helps us out a lot was saying he can axe throw, overhand with one or two hand, can under hand it and side arm it.

You do cookie stack? Or the fabled chain(saw) throw?

I don't do shit anymore, graduated a few years ago. I could overhand 1 or 2 handed and underhand 1 handed. Sidearm always seemed a little sketchy for me. I used to do up-down-up and I actually won the mudmeet 05 cookie stack. Keep at it man. I totally wish I had had these GT's while I was up there. Get a good pair of steel toes and a good pair of dress boots. Wear that shit it up there man.

I don't do shit anymore, graduated a few years ago. I could overhand 1 or 2 handed and underhand 1 handed. Sidearm always seemed a little sketchy for me. I used to do up-down-up and I actually won the mudmeet 05 cookie stack. Keep at it man. I totally wish I had had these GT's while I was up there. Get a good pair of steel toes and a good pair of dress boots. Wear that shit it up there man.

Mud meet '05. Was there a Dartmouth guy there who was pretty good at cookie stack but knocked it all over?

There's a Dartmouth alum who graduated '06 and is still around who at mud meet one year had 39 cookies, and was too cocky so went for 40 and lost it all.

This is quoted from the moc thread.

Are these just the regular 2 eye tie moc that can be bought here.

I was asking myself the same thing just a week ago. But I think the Arrow moc's with the crepe sole were a special run for a Japanese clothing store. Forgot the name of the shop. Sorry.

Maybe one of us should ask them, if they will custom made them for us/you/me with a crepe sole.

Alden 405. You can get them for 300.

Is the next step up from the 405s much more expensive? I'm willing to pay an extra 100 for a better boot. The bottom of the 405s look like there isn't much traction.

My heel blistered the first two weeks until they broke in, since then no issues.

just for a regular conditioning, i recommend lexol conditioner. apply it with your hand.

i wouldn't use pecards unless you're trying to soften the crap out of the leather or reviving dried leather. i have no experience with obenauf, though.

my redwings (875) didn't cause any blisters, but they did bruise my leg where they come up around your shins and back of shins. it went away in 3 days.

I do use Obenauf's LP and it does a pretty good job, and i think it'd be good for the GTs. I have yet to try lexol, but now I want to.

I remember when I first got my wesco ... my chins were bloody for the first week. I soaked them in the tub and wore them till they fit my foot.

Maybe try that. Soak the boots and then wear them till they dry. Go for a long, long walk in them...

Also, Giesche's is having an exclusive Indy boot made. It's dark brown (think chocolate), fully leather lined. I THINK Bryan said $400 or $450, I don't remember, I was pretty road-weary.