Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

can someone tell me the difference between these boots:

9013.jpg

Red Wing 9013, Beckmann Classic and

flieger.jpg

Red Wing- don´t know the name, they call it "Jolly Rogers" aviator boots.

Same price, leather looks a BIT different, but that could be the lightning.

Also there seems to be a tag sewn on the tongue of the "Jolly Rogers", but where´s are the main differences?

take your boots to a cobbler and find out what size sole and or heel you need, then find a sole/heel that size and take it to a cobbler. Eddies in CA apparently do nice work with cats paw half soles as well as b nelson shoes in NYC. http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/

B. Nelson doesn't do cat paws because they don't have a machine like a "Rapid E" to punch through all those layers. It can be done by hand but that would take a lot of effort . I think Eddie's just glues and nails them on. Make sure you go to a cobbler that has one of those sole stitching machines. Also HTC in LA has some deadstock cat paw soles. Always buy a bigger heel than your actual size.

You might have to do a complete re-sole for cat paws, so it might cost you a bit.

I am looking into buying the #8 Indy. I have some issues. I currently wear regular indys and they are a size 8. Well, I have a bit of room at the toe. The big toe comes up to the stitch of the shoe (1 thumbs width... about .75in.) Leather soul currently only has a size 7.5. Does anybody think this might work?

B. Nelson doesn't do cat paws because they don't have a machine like a "Rapid E" to punch through all those layers. It can be done by hand but that would take a lot of effort . I think Eddie's just glues and nails them on. Make sure you go to a cobbler that has one of those sole stitching machines. Also HTC in LA has some deadstock cat paw soles. Always buy a bigger heel than your actual size.

You might have to do a complete re-sole for cat paws, so it might cost you a bit.

Ah, thanks. Sounds perfect because I'm moving to LA next month.

this is one and the same boot.

the only difference there might be is the following:

1. pic: 1913 horween leather

2. pic: 9013 featherstone leather (re-release of the 1913)

ah, i see. thanks.

do you know which one will hold up longer or will evolute nicer?

ah, i see. thanks.

do you know which one will hold up longer or will evolute nicer?

if it really is 1913 vs. 9013, if would always go for the 1913, as the leather and insole is of way higher quality.

make sure buy asking the shop, which number is tagged to the tongue.

check also an older post from me about the 90xx vs 19xx discussion. can't find it just now on sufu and ringxring is currently down.

if it really is 1913 vs. 9013, if would always go for the 1913, as the leather and insole is of way higher quality.

make sure buy asking the shop, which number is tagged to the tongue.

check also an older post from me about the 90xx vs 19xx discussion. can't find it just now on sufu and ringxring is currently down.

ok, thanks!

I am looking into buying the #8 Indy. I have some issues. I currently wear regular indys and they are a size 8. Well, I have a bit of room at the toe. The big toe comes up to the stitch of the shoe (1 thumbs width... about .75in.) Leather soul currently only has a size 7.5. Does anybody think this might work?

Have you checked J Gilbert? They are listed on the Alden of Carmel site as having them. From personal experience (very costly I might add) I would not size down on Cordo.

Alright, I am ready to make purchase for AF89s.

But, sizing issue, I e-mailed them and they can't suggest whether to get a 9D or a 9 1/2D.

I wear usually a 9.5 in sneakers, to name a few, Nike Dunks, Puma Roma, Adidas superstars. I also have the AF60s which are 9D and they fit me really good, Not too tight and not too loose.

Sooooo, which one would you guys suggest?

Thanks!

how to size!!!!!!!

right! my whites bounty hunter has 705's half soles in them done by eddie.. its starting to peel off from the leather midsole i need to send this to okuyama san soon..

I think it will work rnrswitch, if you really have as much room in your current Indy 8D as you say. And I'm sure you could always flip them on here or the bay for what you paid for them if they don't work out.

Alright, I am ready to make purchase for AF89s.

But, sizing issue, I e-mailed them and they can't suggest whether to get a 9D or a 9 1/2D.

I wear usually a 9.5 in sneakers, to name a few, Nike Dunks, Puma Roma, Adidas superstars. I also have the AF60s which are 9D and they fit me really good, Not too tight and not too loose.

Sooooo, which one would you guys suggest?

Thanks!

how to size!!!!!!!

If the AF60s are such a great fit, I would suggest buying the same size in the AF89. Should fit well.

Finally joining the Alden Indy club as well; soon my pair will be on its way to Belgium. Next up: PBT's and/or AF89's

Alright, so I have found out that Leather Soul should get some new indies in shell cordovan in July. I can wait.

One question to those with the indies in any shell cordovan: Can they be worn with some slacks and be dressed up a bit or do they still have a "hefty" look to them? I already have the regular indies and I would like to have a pair of boots that can be worn for work (business meetings) and casual.

If not I think I may go for a cap toe or wing tip boot.

i wear my indy #8s with my suits to work and they look fine

they wont work if you are going for that skinny euro look though....

i was bidding on a pair of indy cigar shells on ebay but they went more over $700 then i wanted to spend

i got :(

I just got two pairs of R.M. Williams Santa Fe's from my dad one pair of fairly broken in dark tan and one pair of hardly worn ones in black, he said he didn't need them anymore.

They're great quality, he got them back in 1970 from the RM Williams store in Prospect, South Australia, they were made there too.

Only thing I don't like about them is the Cuban Heels, it starts to hurt quite a bit when you wear them for over 5 hours.

http://tinyurl.com/RMSanta-Fe

They're exactly like the ones in the link except leather black and dark tan.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a pair of Red Wing GT's from Cultizm (The black pair, gonna wear them in at school). I'm usually a Size 11 US in Sneakers (Air Force 180's, Reebok Pumps, Reebok ERS 2000, Adidas Superstar II's, Air Max BW's)

What size would I be in the GT 1914D's?

i wear my indy #8s with my suits to work and they look fine

they wont work if you are going for that skinny euro look though....

i was bidding on a pair of indy cigar shells on ebay but they went more over $700 then i wanted to spend

i got :(

I was watching those... too rich for my blood. There has been quite a flurry of cordo aldens lately.