Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

one of the guys i work with has some really nice, broken in red wings, and i was asking him about them, if he got them resoled, etc.

told him about this place, and that my interest in quality denim had brought me here, and he mentioned that he had heard a rumor that red wing had been bought out, and he was concerned that the quality was going to drop.

i hadn't heard anything about that, but thought this would be the group to ask... so, any truth to that rumor?

I am going to be getting a pair of MOTO boots sent to me. I've been able to get them to respond to me via email and they remember me from my visit a last month. Once I get the order confirmed, I will work on trying to get them sent elsewhere, should anyone want to place an order.

This is what I am ordering:

monkey03.jpg

While I am talking about MOTOs, here is an update shot of the boots I posted last month.

These have been worn almost daily for the last 6-8 weeks, and have been conditioned with Renapur Leather Balsam a couple times. They have darkened up quite a bit, and have become a lot more comfortable.

3638229361_bfc742abc5_o.jpg

Guest jbone45
these are currently available at eastman leather (US7-9.5)

M-43Serviceshoesmont.jpg

I like these a lot, I wonder about the quality/craftsmanship.

On another note, where would the best place to purchase a new pair of 405's be? Is there anywhere online that offers outstanding service/shipping/prices? I live about 4 hours south of San Francisco, would it be better to just take a day trip up there and try them on at the store in person?

Where do you live. I used to live about 4 hours south of SF.

I am contemplating picking up some Aldens on the Modified Last, but there are limited sizes available. If I take a 7C or 7D in Trubalance, what sizes could work on Modified?

Thanks

I am contemplating picking up some Aldens on the Modified Last, but there are limited sizes available. If I take a 7C or 7D in Trubalance, what sizes could work on Modified?

Thanks

I would go with the 7D if you are in between sizes - but, I am just checking with Charles from Anatomica to make sure!

More specifically, what would you say about going for a 7.5D as the wait time between the two pairs is a 12 month difference at this point.

near Santa Barbara. you?

I lived in Santa Barbara, but now camarillo.

For 405s you might want to check out "The craft" in Los Angeles. PM Bill to see if they have your size. I don't know what the price is though.

white's bounty hunter in suede roughout.]

nice boots! i thought about getting mine done with half-roughout, but decided not to. they look great though.

Look great eddie, you ordered from bakers right? Are they 6 or 8 inch?

thanks no i got these thru stronghold... these are 8 "

thanks roughouts are nice something different