Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks Eean, the site looks great.

I'm wondering if they can ship to Australia though, can't seem to find any information on it.

Also, on the site there is two versions of the 9014 (1914's) , a Beckman version and the GT version. The Beckman version is 10 US more expensive. They both have the same picture, is there any difference at all?

Hello, had my Jobmasters resoled. Vibram 100 + Quabaug heel.

wesco1a.jpg

wesco2a.jpg

As usual, my man Okuyama-san doing his thing. Great work!!!

hi coleslaw did you ask okuyama san to do a front half midsole on these jobmasters?

hows it feel? flatter? better balance ?

thanks hoping for your fast reply cause im planning to send 2 pairs to him soon

ED

^^^Ed, I asked Okuyama-san to keep it a full rubber outsole. The only difference is that I asked for a tan color so it kind of blends in with the leather midsole. I was sick of digging out shit from the teeth of the commando sole. They feel exactly the same as when I first bought them.

Thanks Proteus for the heads up on the Brooks Brothers clearance sale.

Got these for a buck eighty.

brooks1.jpg

brooks2.jpg

brooks3.jpg

I also went to try on the modified last. Its made me a believer. Turns out my arches are flat. I bought home this:

aldenmod1.jpg

aldenmod2.jpg

aldenmod32.jpg

Weird looking, but they are incredibly comfortable. It has a really wide toe area but a very tight heel. My feet automatically started to walk correctly.

damn, that sounds exactly like my foot. Even the trubalance is a little tight on my toes, but I have a narrow heel. Looks like I should check out a modified last...if I ever have enough money.

^^^Ed, I asked Okuyama-san to keep it a full rubber outsole. The only difference is that I asked for a tan color so it kind of blends in with the leather midsole. I was sick of digging out shit from the teeth of the commando sole. They feel exactly the same as when I first bought them.

I also went to try on the modified last. Its made me a believer. Turns out my arches are flat. I bought home this:

aldenmod1.jpg

aldenmod2.jpg

aldenmod32.jpg

Weird looking, but they are incredibly comfortable. It has a really wide toe area but a very tight heel. My feet automatically started to walk correctly.

great aldens right there!

so wait your telling me all wesco's have a front half midsole ( leather ) ?

brooks1.jpg

brooks2.jpg

brooks3.jpg

aldenmod1.jpg

aldenmod2.jpg

aldenmod32.jpg

Thanks for the pics of the Brooks Brothers; I've been eyeing them for a while. Are you pleased with them? Any idea who makes them?

I love the modified last as well, so would be interested to hear how the fit is on the BB boots. How did you size compared to modified?

The Brooks Brothers boots were made in Portugal, so I'm not sure who made them. Quality is pretty good though. Stitching is beautifully executed.

The modified last fits like no other shoe I have. It has great arch support and has an extra flare on the outside toe area, to give you a wider stance.

fuck just did a reservation fee for a ptb in #8 over at leathersoul shit impulse

Ed, did you reserve the PBT with crepe sole? Im doubting between that one and the upcoming SuFu captoe cordovan boot.

The Brooks Brothers boots were made in Portugal, so I'm not sure who made them. Quality is pretty good though. Stitching is beautifully executed.

The modified last fits like no other shoe I have. It has great arch support and has an extra flare on the outside toe area, to give you a wider stance.

Interesting. I had assumed they'd be English made. Did you take any pics of the soles by any chance?

My Alden boots on the modified last in #8 Cordovan:

alden_modified.JPG

alden_modified2.JPG

quick question, I've got a pair of red wing iron ranger in size 11 and I'm thinking of getting a pair of red wing 877. My question is which width should I get on em'. I like the width of my iron rangers and I want something that resembles them. Cuz there is no marking on them which width the iron rangers got.

I think it depends on which vibram they put on. Some have a full leather mid sole.

i got that but look at your pair check the 2nd layer or midsole..

it doesnt go all the way back to the heel

Ed, did you reserve the PBT with crepe sole? Im doubting between that one and the upcoming SuFu captoe cordovan boot.

what? sufu captoe?? same as the af60? if yes ive already have an af60

My foot is 9.5 US, I heard that to get your size in Red Wing GT's, you minus half a size from your foot size.

So I would be a Size 9 in Red Wing GT's?

I think thats a safe assumption

quick question, I've got a pair of red wing iron ranger in size 11 and I'm thinking of getting a pair of red wing 877. My question is which width should I get on em'. I like the width of my iron rangers and I want something that resembles them. Cuz there is no marking on them which width the iron rangers got.

iron rangers only come in a D width. So go with an 11D.

Interesting. I had assumed they'd be English made. Did you take any pics of the soles by any chance?

No such luck. I figured thats why they could mark them down $300. Nice Alden's BTW. Here's the sole:

brooks4.jpg

i got that but look at your pair check the 2nd layer or midsole..

it doesnt go all the way back to the heel

Hmmm… Might just be a thing that Okuyama-san does. I actually don't see it on the Wesco site. They seem to use a full leather midsole.

Beautiful. Did you order from anatomica? How was the process?

Thanks. They were actually irregulars purchased from shoe mart, but I've been unable to find any info as to who they were designed for. Anatomica is probably as good a guess as any.

cloeslawyum - thanks for the additional pic. The leather is a very nice color; I may have to order a pair.

I have indy fever. Just ordered the #8 from Leathersoul. I kept going back and forth on getting them or not but the commando sole just didn't do it for me on this boot. With the double leather sole I'm ecstatic. Should be here by the end of the month. Matt said it was the last pair in 10 that was available out of the next shipment.

ok24va.jpg

rachel comey

not that these are necessarily going to age that well, but i thought this was the best place to ask.

how should i treat these? the leather's very thin/soft, and whenever they get a water drop on them it stays until it dries off (doesn't bead), leading me to believe they'd get fucked up from water pretty easily.

i don't want to change the colour appearance much. should i give them a light polish? water repellant of some sort? +rep for help =D

Doesn't look like any of the Anatomica models I have seen. Moulded Shoe in new york who seem to be the only store in the US able to get custom cordovan builds on the modified last (???...Alden claim Japan has exclusive rights to cordovan modified shoes/boots) had these exact make ups in the store a number of months back. Could be an irregular from that Moulded run or from any number of Japanese (Beams, Tomorrowland, Lakota House) stores building on this last.

Thanks. They were actually irregulars purchased from shoe mart, but I've been unable to find any info as to who they were designed for. Anatomica is probably as good a guess as any.

cloeslawyum - thanks for the additional pic. The leather is a very nice color; I may have to order a pair.

My foot is 9.5 US, I heard that to get your size in Red Wing GT's, you minus half a size from your foot size.

So I would be a Size 9 in Red Wing GT's?

They run a half size big. My foot is a perfect 12D, and I bought a 12D and put insoles in them, and they fit perfectly.

I have 12D iron rangers and I wear an insole with them and they fit perfect. I also have 877s in a 12D and put a super thin dr. scholl's insole (seriously like the thinnest one I could get, just so the boots don't get too funky) and they're fine. One thing I have noticed with the 877s is in the back of the heel there is a potential for blisters because of how the leather is sewn. I taped in some moleskin to pad it and they've been fine. Pictures a page or two back.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1821834&postcount=12011

I also get to start breaking in mt black GTs, should be a blast especially since I have a have scar on my foot from foot surgery a few months ago, life is pain. haha.

sorry for the stupid question but does anyone know how Grenson Kirks fit? I gotta get some for a friend for his bday :) Anyone who has got any Grensons and are willing to help me feel free to pm me..

tnx in advance :D