Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Lone Wolf boots haven't gotten much real life exposure on here as of yet, so I figured I'd give a quick review and snap some pics of the Hunter boot, on the waffle sole....

photo-169.jpg

Fit is generous in length and wide (E, I'd guess). Length is comparable to most Red Wing boots I'd say, but wider. I've fit well into the Lone Wolf 9 (Same as my RW size), but had plenty of room for a cushy insole. All that being said, they now feel AMAZING.

photo-170.jpg

Fit and finish is as good as you'd expect from a Toyo product. Stitching is clean and even. Suede has a nice even nap and color. Welting is cleanly executed.

photo-171.jpg

The waffle sole is exactly the same as found on Red Wing boots, so the color and feel are correct. They are, however, stamped "Lone Wolf" on the bottom. Nice thorough detail on Toyo's part... No surprise.

photo-172.jpg

And a picture of mine.... about a month of easy wear on them.

photo-173.jpg

So ive worn nothing but sneakers for a while now and i want to break into boots, do any of you know a good starting point to make this transition?

Any boot with the white crepe sole, as seen immediately above, will give you the most cushioned, sneaker-y feeling underfoot. Would make the transition easier possibly.... Red Wing makes a shit ton of options on that sole that you can find under $200

Lone Wolf boots haven't gotten much real life exposure on here as of yet, so I figured I'd give a quick review and snap some pics of the Hunter boot, on the waffle sole....

Nice boots Bill. Does the Hunter also have the funny pin holes in the back of the shoe? Figure they use it to attach to the last.

Any boot with the white crepe sole, as seen immediately above, will give you the most cushioned, sneaker-y feeling underfoot. Would make the transition easier possibly.... Red Wing makes a shit ton of options on that sole that you can find under $200

Where are you finding Red Wings for under 200 bucks? Thanks.

Nice boots Bill. Does the Hunter also have the funny pin holes in the back of the shoe? Figure they use it to attach to the last.

Yes, they do, but its TINY. Like pin hole sized. And you are correct, that hole is used during the lasting process to anchor the uppers to the last while the leather is being stretched and tacked to the front of the boot. Because these are suede, the nap hides the holes once the boots have been worn twice. They have completely dissappeared on my pair.

so the Red Wing 875s would be a good starting point?

Yessir! The 875 is a classic American boot. A good first foray into wearing a heavier shoe. If its a vintage look you're going for, check eBay.... Nice looking Red Wings will only fetch $100 or so

Yo bill,

What alden boots do y'all carry at the Craft. I would like to buy some nice alden boots in #8, but I would like to see them in person before throwing down $600.

Yo bill,

What alden boots do y'all carry at the Craft. I would like to buy some nice alden boots in #8, but I would like to see them in person before throwing down $600.

At the moment, just the Indy boot. There (god willing) will be a custom plain toe boot for Holiday (December), but it will not be cordovan.

At the moment, just the Indy boot. There (god willing) will be a custom plain toe boot for Holiday (December), but it will not be cordovan.

bill, any idea which last it will have; how about the soles?

Saw these suede boots from Warehouse on the net. They look pretty good:

i've seen these in Osaka; they are pretty nice, very lightweight as well because of the vibram sole

sorry guys for a sizing question, but do any one know what size clarks desert boot I should get? if I wear a 42 in camper, 9 in RW GT(which are abit too big) and 8.5 in W + H service boots. I hate doing this is just that I live in australia and I found some on ebay recently thanks all for the help

Those look awesome Turntabloid. Can't wait to get me a pair of plain toe also, just don't have the money yet haha.

Here is what I got about 2 weeks ago on Ebay for $123.

They're Brooks Brothers, almost new.

My first pair of cordovans. Just amazing.

DSC_0290.jpg

B. Nelson doesn't do cat paws because they don't have a machine like a "Rapid E" to punch through all those layers. It can be done by hand but that would take a lot of effort . I think Eddie's just glues and nails them on. Make sure you go to a cobbler that has one of those sole stitching machines. Also HTC in LA has some deadstock cat paw soles. Always buy a bigger heel than your actual size.

You might have to do a complete re-sole for cat paws, so it might cost you a bit.

Can you specify what you mean by "HTC?" I tried googling it, but haven't come up with anything.