Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

coleslawyum those boots look incredible.

great

has anyone seen these new red wings? supposed to be japanese, does anyone know more?

DSC_2407.JPG

i have the pic from this german red wing blog

http://redwing1905.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html

they are also on the burg and schild blog, here is a link with their trip pics to the factory in the states and even to bills craft!

L1010163.jpg

L1010163.jpg

http://burgundschild.blogspot.com/

did i miss something here?

well yes they look like the 8113 wich came out at around the same time last year. still curious about those new ones, really look like a cross of the 8113 and the GTs. but actually they are just GTs with a cork sole.

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=5027&ProductId=7869

sherman brothers has them for $320 free shipping and if you sign up on their newsletter they're always having 10% off sales

I waited for months for these to come. You can imagine my dismay when I got home last night to see a notice from the post office stating a missed delivery.

As promised, I present to you pictures of the extremely rare whiskey shell cordovan Indy boot:

img2696sized.jpg

img2694sized.jpg

I've got another treat coming later this week too. Stay tuned. ;)

very very nice. i was told that whiskey doesn't go well with blue jeans and should be matched with khaki pants instead. i'm colour blind so i have no opinion. do you agree? if not, are you planning on wearing these with jeans and if so, please post pics.

thanks.

i was told that whiskey doesn't go well with blue jeans and should be matched with khaki pants instead. i'm colour blind so i have no opinion. do you agree? if not, are you planning on wearing these with jeans and if so, please post pics.

I will wear them with jeans. Honestly, I think they're in the same color shade as the traditional 405 Indy boots. So, if one is willing to wear 405s with jeans, then one shouldn't have any issues with whiskey shell. I'll try to take some pictures sometime with jeans.

want to know how it would look if you have a similar color pair of shoe laces to go with it..

Sorry, I don't have any laces in a similar color.

I will wear them with jeans. Honestly, I think they're in the same color shade as the traditional 405 Indy boots. So, if one is willing to wear 405s with jeans, then one shouldn't have any issues with whiskey shell. I'll try to take some pictures sometime with jeans.

Cosign on this...they are pretty freaking gorgeous, and will definitely pop with dark jeans. I was really bummed when I missed out on purchasing the whiskey shells but in retrospect I am glad I wasn't able to because as beautiful as I think whiskey is, and as attractive as its scarcity makes it, I think that for my purposes, #8 is optimal. The evo photos will be a pleasure, but what I am excited for is the absurdly wonderful Indy family photo that you should be able to do!

I personally would probably prefer to wear whiskey shell with lighter, worn in denim rather than brand new dark denim... but I do have denim and boots to break in, so you can definitely guarantee that I'll be breaking them both in at the same time.

I agree with you... even with as many Indy boots as I have, the #8 is always my go to pair...

And yes... a family photo with all of my Indy boots (and probably all of the other Alden shoes/boots) is forthcoming. :)

Had an amazingly lucky strike and picked up a pair of brand new Buzz Rickson service shoes (M43) at Mister Freedom today. I was going to post some pictures before I got to dubbing them, but the light in my apartment is awful right now, and I want to get them sealed up. Pictures of the end result sometime in the near future.

Had an amazingly lucky strike and picked up a pair of brand new Buzz Rickson service shoes (M43) at Mister Freedom today. I was going to post some pictures before I got to dubbing them, but the light in my apartment is awful right now, and I want to get them sealed up. Pictures of the end result sometime in the near future.

Can't wait to see the pics.

No disrespect to you amlai and congratulations on finding one of your grails, but am I the only one underwhelmed by whiskey shell indy boots?

Maybe it's the lighting in that picture but they look rather dull.

I think I prefer indy boots in darker leathers, I remember someone posting (vegeteray?) tan leather ones and they looked funny too.

Or maybe it's because they look too new. let's see some evolution!

okay, so i got a direct response from one the of the big advocates of "bob stitch" in japan. the owner mr. yasushi saotome (tome-san) himself responded to my question when i emailed union made. here's his response:

to answer your question, that stitching is sewn only to the lower mid-sole.

if you ask if it's necessary, i do believe it's necessary.

you have nothing to worry about if you're using soles that extend all the way to the heels. but in the case of #705, if there's no stitching going sideways, especially around the arch of your foot, there's a good change your half-sole will start to peel off when you walk or squat.

when we attach the half-soles, by combining a strong glue and the stitching technique mentioned above, we are able to produce extremely strong attachments.

regarding this matter yes tome-san is correct

i ill post pictures soon on what happened to my smoke jumpers with just glue and nails on without the stitching and yes they were with 705's done over at eddie's