Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thought I'd post a picture of my Florsheim Imperial V-Cleats...

DSC04007.JPG

more pics on my blog but since most of you guys are shoe whores like me, I thought you'd like them...

i think the 3 of us have the same feet thats why the creases are exactly the same

I'll keep that in mind in case I want to offload any shoes. ;)

With shell cordovan, once the creases are set, they're pretty much there forever. That's why I know one Alden dealer isn't too excited about having someone try on a whole bunch of different sizes and sending them back and forth.

Wowza please keep us heavily updated on those, I can see amazing things happening with them. Also I've been tryig together information over the phone from leathersoul has anyone else found that unless Tom is there te other dudes don't know shit? I mean I asked what different leathers/colors they have the Indy boot in and the dude had to ask someone else what te Indy boot is?!?!? Like wow, I don't know if I want to spend 700 bucks from people that don't know their stock.

Wowza please keep us heavily updated on those, I can see amazing things happening with them. Also I've been tryig together information over the phone from leathersoul has anyone else found that unless Tom is there te other dudes don't know shit? I mean I asked what different leathers/colors they have the Indy boot in and the dude had to ask someone else what te Indy boot is?!?!? Like wow, I don't know if I want to spend 700 bucks from people that don't know their stock.

Matt at Leathersoul definately knows his stuff.

Sorry bout that bro. You probably spoke with Ken. He just started recently and only works about 2-3 days a week. Plus he's no young chicken so it's taking him a long time to learn. Normally I'm there with him to help with the phone but today I was busy. I hired him to take care of our Nihonjin customers so he's definitely not used to dealing with educated buyers from the mainland.

Matt, Takuya, Laurence and I can help you better so please ask for one of us.

Bill, the Chaussers are disgustingly beautiful...the question is whether they are going to be the boot that makes an honest man out of you (in boot terms at least).

Bill, the Chaussers are disgustingly beautiful...the question is whether they are going to be the boot that makes an honest man out of you (in boot terms at least).

I'll be moving a bunch of older boots out of the closet and into supermarket soon... or ebay.... or CRAFT.... fuck, I'll figure something out... Anybody a size 9/9.5... stay awake

Bill, great boots. I had not heard of Chausser before... sounds like they are a Japanese brand. In your opinion, how does the Japanese shell compare to the Horween shell used by Alden?

Good question. I was interested to see myself. Its a little difficult to compare since the Chausseur's are unstained/dyed. The consistency and thickness of the leather is indestinguishable from Horween. It feels the same to the touch. The color is a pinky-tan. Very fleshlike, even more pink and fleshy than your regular veg. tan cowhide (like a raw wallet). There are a few (like one per shoe) slight blemishes (minor grains) in the leather. I would imagine that these blemishes would be easily hidden with a #8 or Black stain finish, but possibly not in whiskey.

Here are two pictures stolen from Blackbird's website that shows them slightly broken in.... they're what sold me on the purchase

c-712-natural-2.jpg

c-712-natural-1.jpg

Yes, the brand is Japanese, as is the leather and the manufacturing. I bought these on sale through Blackbird. Their service was on point

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Chausser_C712_Cordovan_Chukka_Boots_11773.html

Sorry bout that bro. You probably spoke with Ken. He just started recently and only works about 2-3 days a week. Plus he's no young chicken so it's taking him a long time to learn. Normally I'm there with him to help with the phone but today I was busy. I hired him to take care of our Nihonjin customers so he's definitely not used to dealing with educated buyers from the mainland.

Matt, Takuya, Laurence and I can help you better so please ask for one of us.

alright haha, thank you I'll be callig again soon

Bill, great boots. I had not heard of Chausser before... sounds like they are a Japanese brand. In your opinion, how does the Japanese shell compare to the Horween shell used by Alden?

I had read from a US shoe manufacturer that they had tried the Japanese shell leather and the Horween shel leather and that the Horween leather was much more consistent and water proof as well. I don't know if that is true, but that is just what I heard.

I had read from a US shoe manufacturer that they had tried the Japanese shell leather and the Horween shel leather and that the Horween leather was much more consistent and water proof as well. I don't know if that is true, but that is just what I heard.

Yes, I know what you're talking about. You're talking about Ron Rider, who has both his Rider boot line and also represents the Romano Martegani line here in the US. The shoes are made in Italy using Horween shell cordovan. The test that Ron did was that he cupped both the Japanese shell and the Horween shell and put water inside. The Japanese shell started to leak through at 3 days, but the Horween shell was still watertight.

I was wanting to know from someone who actually has the shoes to see if there was any noticeable difference.

Love those 10.5 E Tankers! They still for sale?

As for the scuffed Aldens spit and polish my son, that and a bit of elbow grease will work wonders.

photo-181.jpg

photo-180.jpg

My natural/unstained cordovan Chaussuer chukka boots getting some sun tanning

Nice grab Bill. When I was in Tokyo a couple months ago, I hunted down the Chausser store to check out those chukkas in person. I came really close to buying those, but the Motos spoke to me more.

I tried on a few different pairs of Chausser shoes and are were incredibly well made. My girlfriend was trying to pull the trigger on a pair of shoes, but there were sold out in her size.

The workers were incredibly knowledgeable about Chausser shoes, and visiting the shop was delightful.

Nice grab Bill. When I was in Tokyo a couple months ago, I hunted down the Chausser store to check out those chukkas in person. I came really close to buying those, but the Motos spoke to me more.

I tried on a few different pairs of Chausser shoes and are were incredibly well made. My girlfriend was trying to pull the trigger on a pair of shoes, but there were sold out in her size.

The workers were incredibly knowledgeable about Chausser shoes, and visiting the shop was delightful.

I want Moto and Chausser boots!

How?!

I'll be moving a bunch of older boots out of the closet and into supermarket soon... or ebay.... or CRAFT.... fuck, I'll figure something out... Anybody a size 9/9.5... stay awake

l

Oh thats me. keep us informed bill.

If there are any 7 1/2 people in London, get ye to crockett and jones on jermyn street. They have one pair of harlech in the sale (a sample pair) for somehing like 40% off. Thats their horween shell cordovan boot by the way.