Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

If I get them, I will be. Chopping, sawing, pole climbing.

Actually, my school just hosted the largest northeast collegiate woodsmen competition a few weeks ago.

One of the hottest things I've ever seen: Really hot girl, wearing cut-off carhartts, stihl suspenders, and big ass logging boots.

SUNY ESF per chance?

?uestionmark -- how did you treat these? wax, polish? have been working on my cigar chukkas but now you've set the bar pretty high

dont do anything to them but brush them off or wipe it down with a damp towel whenever it gets dirty. about once every 2 weeks? let the pros do the polishing. just make sure they know what cigar cordovan is.

Also, can't see much of them, but I think this is an awesome picture. Featured are my Chippewa for LL Bean katahdins, steel chopping guards, and an axe named lester.

hangSteel.jpg

No shit, another woodsman? What school you at? I used to do axe throw, v-chop, firebuild, & chainsaw events for Colby a couple of years ago. Don't have a pic of my old chippewa's handy but those guys saved my toes a number of times. Great boots.

PS: H-chop is for pansies.

TANKER%20BOOTS%20DARK%20BROWN%20CALF.JPG

indy boot on modified last

dark brown calf

flex sole system

stitching tone on tone

canvas lining (instead of cambrella)

i like them, what do you guys think?

I think all of the appointments look amazing, but at least from that angle, I like the Trubalance more for this boot. Those would be some comfortable boots though that I can only imagine would evolve beautifully.

No shit, another woodsman? What school you at? I used to do axe throw, v-chop, firebuild, & chainsaw events for Colby a couple of years ago. Don't have a pic of my old chippewa's handy but those guys saved my toes a number of times. Great boots.

PS: H-chop is for pansies.

I'm at Dartmouth. There's actually a Colby guy on our team since he's doing the 3/2 engineering program

I also can do V-chop, but I want to get better at it. An old Dartmouth alum who helps us out a lot was saying he can axe throw, overhand with one or two hand, can under hand it and side arm it.

You do cookie stack? Or the fabled chain(saw) throw?

well, I have to say I love Wesco...

Called to ask about if it's alright to stretch out my toes at my local boot place and they said, yes, but it'd be better if I sent them back and they'll do it... for free....

Plus, they're using the actual last that made the boots but stacked a little to give the boots a tad more room.. Should get them back next week...

Just one of the many pluses of having a pair of custom boots made...

On a side note I heard that Whites have all their tops made overseas and then assembled here in the US? Any one confirm that?

On a side note I heard that Whites have all their tops made overseas and then assembled here in the US? Any one confirm that?

From everything I have ever read, and all conversations I have had with people who are in the know, that is the case for the Hathorn line, but the actual Whites brand is made entirely in the states.

TANKER%20BOOTS%20DARK%20BROWN%20CALF.JPG

indy boot on modified last

dark brown calf

flex sole system

stitching tone on tone

canvas lining (instead of cambrella)

i like them, what do you guys think?

Nice! Did you get those custom through Alden?...

Nice! Did you get those custom through Alden?...
nice pair how much? the custom indies that is

no, I did not buy them. not 100% sure yet.

they are custom made for anatomica, paris.

quite pricey for US market, average for EU market - 570euro.

So I went by Giesche's Shoes in Geneva, IL last week. As far as oucs go, it's a normal shoe shop, so I didn't tkae any pics. They were out of Indys in my size. I like the look of them, so I might order some later in the year. Bryan was helpful, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Wow, lots of fantastic looking boots in this thread.

Can someone recommend some nice brown lace-up boots for 300 dollars or below? I have RW GTs in black, which I love. Something similar would be nice.

Can someone recommend some nice brown lace-up boots for 300 dollars or below? I have RW GTs in black, which I love. Something similar would be nice.

Alden 405. You can get them for 300.

get the alden 405s, you wont regret it.

Don't want to bore you guys with another sizing advise question but about to shell out money for the 405's so better make sure I get a size that fits me.

I wear size 8C in White's Semi-dress and I was planning to pick up a size 8D in 405's but seems those have a 2 months waiting period so I'm thinking about purchasing size 8E. Is this most likely still to fit my feet (maybe use a insole) ? Also what size to get in Alden shoes with Leydon last?

Turntabloid; did you get those pictures from Anatomica? I didnt see a catalog online.

about the white's Hathorn line, any idea where in asia the tops are being manufactured?

I wear size 8C in White's Semi-dress and I was planning to pick up a size 8D in 405's but seems those have a 2 months waiting period so I'm thinking about purchasing size 8E. Is this most likely still to fit my feet (maybe use a insole) ?

If you have a little bit of room in the toe of the whites, but the arch and width fit you well, I would definitely be looking at a 7.5 D in the Alden 405. I take a 7D in the 405 and a 7.5C in the Semi-Dress.

I got my 405's from Sherman Bros.

They have a 10% off sales seems like every other month...

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=5027&ProductId=7869

the nice thing is the boots are sent direct from Alden.

I plan to buy them from a forum member who will proxy them for me.

thanks for the fit advise although Im more confused now than before! I forgot to mention that i tried on two different pair of Alden high boots in Japan, one was size 8D , the other size 8.5D and both fitted great. Unfortunately I do not know which last they had or else I would already know what size to get. Size 8E is in your opinion not an option?

Id love to pay Anatomica a visit oneday

This is quoted from the moc thread.

They still do, didn't realize that, thanks.

Am I right to think that, since I want something other than LLbean and don't want to pay for Quoddys price increase , Arrow is the brand to be looking at?

these double eyelits look so awesome

img55652541.jpg?_ex=250x250&s=0&r=1

Are these just the regular 2 eye tie moc that can be bought here(the sites photos are awful.) ?

http://www.arrowmoc.com/5.html

Also,

Does anyone own the lace boots? I am deciding if I want the mocs or the boots.