Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

ok so my 875s are fucked then.

man you guys are brutal.

i thought i did enough research to do it on my own but now my boots are an ugly dark brown and im fucked.

buuuut luckily there is a redwing store down the street from my house where i can return them and start over.

so who of all you nice guys is going to help me out and tell me what to do this time to maintain the beautiful look of these boots (without making me cry)...

everyone has to start from somewhere. i seem to be having bad luck.

Holy crap you're overreacting.

875 are categorized under the work boot category for a reason. They're supposed to have the living crap beat out of them.

Go to your nearest mountain. Climb that mountain. Don't come back for a few weeks. Come back. Post pictures. Get rep, and feel better about yourself.

haha no i know, i love the aesthetics of the boots but in my line of work, they were definitely a tax write off. i just didn't know what to do to make them last as long as possible so i asked the guy at the shop and he told me to oil em up real good and they'll last forever, so i did. bad call.

thanks for the helpful words soonami........

keep it movin. no response is better than a negative one.

Not boots, but y'all might like them anyways. Alden whiskey shell Norwegian split toe. Waited a really long time for these... placed an order 10/1/07, then it was cancelled by TheShoeMart a year ago due to leather shortage, and then all of a sudden on Halloween, I was told that they they were going to be able to get them.

img2646sized.jpg

I think we need to see these again....

FBF, where did you order the semi-dress? they look good. White's seem to have stepped up production, maybe due to an upsurge in popularity? When I ordered my first pair, production time was about 8 weeks, and now bakers are telling me 3-4 weeks for my current pair.

nice semi dress...

what size do you normally wear? I'm thinking about getting a pair of them and would either go with what they have in stock or do the whole foot trace thing....

As far as I know, nobody keeps a stock of whites (except the stronghold who have a couple of styles I think), everything is custom ordered.

i just got hold of a bottle of melatonian leather lotion it worked wonders on some of my boots.. brings back the like new shine to them

but does anyone know whats in these? are there any silicone or any of those shit that can hurt leather?? anyone??

timsboots_2048_30712814

Amlai,

I don't understand your message. Do you mean they'll be available come (next) Halloween, or that you learned last Halloween? These are the shoes I REALLY want, but it is so hard to justify the swag given tight times. But, gawd, I really want these! SO, just when ARE they available??? (and what's the new price?)

LL

Not boots, but y'all might like them anyways. Alden whiskey shell Norwegian split toe. Waited a really long time for these... placed an order 10/1/07, then it was cancelled by TheShoeMart a year ago due to leather shortage, and then all of a sudden on Halloween, I was told that they they were going to be able to get them.

Long time no post...Just got finished giving my Custom Order Indy's a once over last night so I figured I would snap a pic of me wearing them today...

I have the color where I wan't it now so I've just been using a Neutral Shoe Cream as needed to maintain them...The caramel color was what I was shooting for and even though these still have a bit orange in them I couldn't be happier...

Anyway here is the pic...

361011904.jpg

Long time no post...Just got finished giving my Custom Order Indy's a once over last night so I figured I would snap a pic of me wearing them today...

I have the color where I wan't it now so I've just been using a Neutral Shoe Cream as needed to maintain them...The caramel color was what I was shooting for and even though these still have a bit orange in them I couldn't be happier...

Anyway here is the pic...

361011904.jpg

these look great!

Is this a "one off" custom shoe? I didn't know that Alden takes custom orders, i always thought you needed to buy a small bulk.

How do these fit in comparison to the 405?

Maybe not the right place but it'll help.

I put 3 pairs of boots for sale!! 10.5D, for those interested...

Also, if the 405s are custom, what is custom about them? They look like normal 405s from the pics.

Also, if the 405s are custom, what is custom about them? They look like normal 405s from the pics.

they aren't the regular 405 brown leather. they are the burnished tan. much lighter and much more pumpkin color.

Amlai,

I don't understand your message. Do you mean they'll be available come (next) Halloween, or that you learned last Halloween? These are the shoes I REALLY want, but it is so hard to justify the swag given tight times. But, gawd, I really want these! SO, just when ARE they available??? (and what's the new price?)

LL

I learned on 10/31/08 that they were going to be able to get them in. I put my name down on the preorder and they arrived last night. So, a total of 1.5 years of waiting. Pricing was $650 at the time. I was guessing that that they sold their entire allocation as a preorder, but it looks like they have it in stock on their website. Looks like the price is $675. http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&category=search&item=ALD_m_NST_TIE_SHELL_CORDOVAN_BARRIE_LAST_WHISKEY&ps=&start=5&rpro=24061&searchfields=brand|model|keywords|sku|misc3|misc10|misc4|misc9|misc13&query=alden%20nst

Hit the buy button right now... you don't want to have to wait 1.5 years like I did b/c I missed out on the opportunity.

I think we need to see these again....

FBF, where did you order the semi-dress? they look good. White's seem to have stepped up production, maybe due to an upsurge in popularity? When I ordered my first pair, production time was about 8 weeks, and now bakers are telling me 3-4 weeks for my current pair.

fre$co, order it from white's directly, i am surprise how quickly they arrived too. They said is custom made and they dont have it in stock when i order it.

To those who own white's, how long does it take to adjust to the arch ease thing? my instep feel kind of hurt while walking on it.

I have a pair of 405 in 10.5 D also.

not going to lie - i'm considering it but I still would want to try them on and stuff, which is probably hard unless you're in NY

Here is a pic of when I first got them taken with my other 405's...

They are done in Burnished Tan Calf and are indeed a one off deal...

Of course they are the pair on the far left in this picture...I was trying to get them to a nice caramel color but since they have hit that pumpkin orange color I'm loving them very much...For reference the second pair from the left is a standard pair of 405's that I have done nothing to alter the color on...

354414716.jpg

Here is another older pic I took a bit ago of them...Pretty much the same color I have now...Like I said I fell in love with them when they hit this point so I figured I would just leave well enough alone...

355897140.jpg