Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Oh yeah? Can you hook us up?

she will do a custom shoe exactly how you want it for like 6 or 8 hundo , depending on the style, she is just starting out so she doesn't have a last in all sizes, so that adds to the cost, i will let you know when she is able to make more affordable shoes. in 5 years we should have our shoe company in production on nicaraguaraul's farm.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother calling them. Like you said, it's like breaking in a new pair of shoes again... except that they already fit.

Whether or not you were to call them to express your dissatisfaction, (reasonable because it was a simple request, and they charge a lot of bread for recrafting to not adhere to customer wishes) I wouldn't be too disappointed by the color alteration, because even though they look almost brand new now, I can guarantee you that they will evolve in a way that is different than they did when they were actually brand new, which is cool and very interesting. Just because this thread is concerned primarily with the breaking in (and breaking down) that leads to gorgeous patina doesn't mean that additive, maintenance type procedures aren't an important part of that patina development too. I am excited to see your progress, enjoy your new old boots!

Interestingly, under the right conditions, when photographed and the exposure is adjusted, you can actually see some of the variations of color in the shell, from the previously attained patina that I can't see with my naked eye. So I'm sure that this will add some depth to the coloration.

Anyone know if Lone Wolf boots are made in the USA or Japan? The pics I've seen in a recent article say "St. Louis, MO" and the article stated they were made in the USA, but you never can tell. Some Japanese brands build false mythology about their goods for "entertainment" purposes.

Anyone know if Lone Wolf boots are made in the USA or Japan? The pics I've seen in a recent article say "St. Louis, MO" and the article stated they were made in the USA, but you never can tell. Some Japanese brands build false mythology about their goods for "entertainment" purposes.

Wouldn't take the "made in usa" stuff to heart...Sugarcane puts that on some of their jeans and shirts that are made in Japan, I assume it's the same for their boots.

What a great thread...here's my contribution

Al's Attire North Beach San Francisco...

The Padilla Boot (First in Class custom fit):

Calfskin Uppers

Orange Dyed Leather Interior (deadstock)

Norwegian Welt

Vintage Waxed Thread Stitch (deadstock)

Topy Rubber Sole

A pair of boots that took its inspiration from a cross of Alden Indy and Red Wing Moc Toe. Leather feels buttery soft yet durable. Fit came out perfect...tried it on and walked straight out of the door. I would highly recommend getting a custom made boot especially if you wear orthotics soles like me. Overall, a very versatile functional shoe.

3408227445_8029039d05_o.jpg

3408227455_ca4775736d.jpg

>

3408220451_9ec975c6cf.jpg

3409029956_8837b30c71.jpg

3409029790_e122779f81.jpg

3409029550_007a6b5d89.jpg

They look good, very much a cross between the indy and 875.

I'm just wondering though, the lace stays seem very open, I have this problem on some of my boots due to a high instep but was this something you specified in your custom order because it seems a little odd to me.

Does anyone here know of any companies that make the M-43/type III service shoes? I know Buzz Rickson, Mash Co., and Toys McCoy do, anyone else?

The only place I have seen them is: http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usarmy.html#roughout

Here is a picture of the boots im talking about:

itemf03705.jpg

www.atthefront.com and www.whatpriceglory.com both have them. I have the ones from At The Front and they are pretty good for the price. I've seen the ones on WWII Impressions and they look great, but I have no idea how they fit or wear.

Happy Friday...

Fre$co - Yeah, I do have a high instep and with the insoles, I think the shoes take on EE size. It took about 1 week to break into my Red Wing GT but these were immediately good to go.

Custom shoes start at about $389.

Pete - You gotta check out Al's three piece Denim Suit!! Chambray Suit, Denim Vest with a Chambray shirt... I should have taken pics of that. He's also got a new Hickory Style Suit.

can anyone ID the sole on the bottom right? can't find it online anywhere or on vibram's site. they're on a pair of fracaps.

3402666283_8fa87543ef_o.jpg

still searching ... anyone know this sole or know any good cobbler blogs/forums that i could maybe find out?

here's a site that has a ton of info in japanese: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/porter/fracap09r200_bk/

it only describes the sole as 'vibram morflex' which seems to be a lot of different shit under their brand.

Happy Friday...

Fre$co - Yeah, I do have a high instep and with the insoles, I think the shoes take on EE size. It took about 1 week to break into my Red Wing GT but these were immediately good to go.

Custom shoes start at about $389.

Pete - You gotta check out Al's three piece Denim Suit!! Chambray Suit, Denim Vest with a Chambray shirt... I should have taken pics of that. He's also got a new Hickory Style Suit.

Makes sense. $389 ain't bad at all for custom.