Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

in my opinion those lone wolf engineers (and most vintage inspired work boots) look a little awkward with that showroom shine. the charm comes with some neglect and regular wear.

partytaco, I'm sure that the other 20+ pairs of vintage inspired work boots dude owns have prevented any wear from happening to the LW.

Did I just say that out loud?

I just headed down to Eddie's shoe repair in sherman oaks and had him put some new leather soles and cat's paws on my 405s. Gonna pic them up this weekend, can't wait.

hey these whites have their cats paws from eddie's via bill

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325-1.jpg

these are from eddie's too

IMG_0333.jpg

cats paws too coleslaw your my idol!

IMG_0329.jpg

705's

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

aldens planning on billrite soles and half sole 435 vibrams with single leather sole

i just love how okuyama san does with the sole it has his own signature shape

IMG_0320.jpg

it's another cat's paw overload.

The new sole on those redwings of yours coleslaw turns them into a whole different kettle of fish! Very nice stuff. always nice to see a fellow skye owners boots.

Eddie, great collection as ever.

Guest devil.beside.you

Hi all. I wanted to share with you how i LOVE red wing oil for leather products....

Following pics are my red wings, and a gorgeous bridle belt i got from LGC

APOLOGIES FOR BIG PICS...i havent figured out how to shrink the images when hosting

022.jpg

024.jpg

019.jpg

Quick tease.. I have to run, but will post more pics later!!

Guest devil.beside.you

Figured out how to shrink the pics!!! Anyways, heres the pic of the oil I used..the boots are only about 2 months old now, and the belt I just recieved this morning. The oil gave it a nice 'burnt' finish that I love, and also made it much more supple. You can see the original belt here:http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/brlebe.html

025.jpg

look how wide the belt is! 026.jpg

019.jpg

And a WAYWT shot034.jpg

I have that same belt. Pretty nice and it looks better with time. I have had mine for over a year and it is turning a nice brown.

Just received my 405s back, with fresh leather and cat's paws soles.

img1795resize.jpg

img1797resize.jpg

looks great, but what is that white strip?

You might be talking about the leather sole, between the two cat's paws half soles. The leather photographed pretty light due to the flash I had.