Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

soles look fine what you'll need soon are heels. if you are in nyc try moulded on 39th st. they are pretty quick and cheap....i think it was $20 last time I went in there for foot balance heels.

almost 4 months of solid wear in nyc does hell to aldens - i clearly need to expand my boot collection to rotate these, and clean them up and resole them.

DSC_4257.JPG

DSC_4261.JPG

Speaking of Aldens. Here are my Indies. Had them for around 3yrs. Ain't doin nothin too rugged in them other than running around with my son (2yrs) and shooting hoops with him. I put obenauf's on them almost every 4-5months, but no polish or anything. I like the color as is.

img1770l.jpg

img1771h.jpg

img1778h.jpg

img1774.jpg

BTW, couldn't hang with the nancy-like shoes laces that come with them, they always busted after about 2.5months, so I went with leather straps for some time, now I am using these. They look alright, but not great.

nice aldens...

rnrswitch: looks like you could use some new bottoms on those...

Yeah, I have been putting it off, but I think I am going to get some leather soles, when I do finally get them resoled.

My frye brandos (lace and engineer).

img1734h.jpg

img1741n.jpg

img1748f.jpg

I know frys ain't too popular here, but I like these boots. The lace ups need new soles and will get them soon enough.

Just a quick question for you guys, edmond, fresco, coleslaw, bill, mich...etc

after two years of wearing my trickers, now i have decided to move on to white's semi dress, i traced my foot and send it to whites. I guess i didnt trace my foot correctly. They are giving me a size that i think no way i would fit.

so for reference...

i wear size

US 8C in redwing

UK 7 fitting 5 in trickers

what size should i be getting for whites?

thanks edmond

i decided to get the brown one with single leather sole and natural edge, dont want it to be too bulky or heavy By the way, i ask mark at whites that a C width and D with is a 1/4 of an inch narrower.

but why does some have white interior? is it additional charge, i personally prefer the original color.

122hs36.jpg

leather lining is usually done on bullhide, waterbuffalo and french calf leather which are soft leather so they require this. tell em you dont want no lining but depends on the leather you choose from

^please include some information about those slips

got em last year at old navy for like 2 bucks. figured that i would wear them around for awhile, as walk around /casual shoes. started noticing the fading and figured i post them up here. theyre about 8 or so months old.

Just a quick question for you guys, edmond, fresco, coleslaw, bill, mich...etc

after two years of wearing my trickers, now i have decided to move on to white's semi dress, i traced my foot and send it to whites. I guess i didnt trace my foot correctly. They are giving me a size that i think no way i would fit.

so for reference...

i wear size

US 8C in redwing

UK 7 fitting 5 in trickers

what size should i be getting for whites?

your a size 8c in whites buddy

I agree with Ed, just go with your size in RW and you'll be fine.

You'll love them.

My frye brandos (lace and engineer).

img1734h.jpg

img1741n.jpg

I know frys ain't too popular here, but I like these boots. The lace ups need new soles and will get them soon enough.

I've got a pair of the Brando Engineer boots....look killer and I particularly like them because they are lower profile than most engineer boots (shorter heel/thinner sole).

3382793873_3a5f788a57_o.jpg

Filson Uplander Oxford

Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

I'm looking to fill the gap I have between boots and dress shoes. They do offer these in a chukka which look quite nice IMO, but I don't need another pair of boots. I love pretty much everything that Filson does and these seem to be really well made. One thing I noticed however, is they are switching manufacturers on these and starting soon they will be made out of the USA... which I think blows.

Does anyone here have experience with these shoes?

thanks!