Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Got some new laces and conditioned/cleaned them up abit this morning. After a few months of wearing these without insoles they are just as comfortable as a pair of Clarks.:)

I'm kind of regretting my decision to get 877s over 855s, oh well, I guess it will be an excuse to get a pair in the fall or something. And I wear the $1 dr. scholl's thin insole in mine just so they don't get stinky.

Little update on my burnished tan Indy's...

Today makes the 4th time I've worn this particular pair since I recieved them and I gotta say they are turning into my favorite pair...

After my first wearing I added a coat of the Johnston & Murphy Natural Shoe Cream and I added another coat last night...With this I was able to tone down the brightness of the tan color and make them a little darker to a nice light flat brown color...almost caramel color...which is what I'm shooting for...I plan on doing maybe 2 more coats of the Johnston & Murphy and that should get the color right where I want it to be...

Here is some pics...

355897142.jpg

355897140.jpg

Any advice on sizing Wesco Jobmasters? Baker Shoes has a pair of crepe-sole brown roughouts that aren't a standard make (so no custom fitting), but I'm not sure what size to order.

FWIW, 13E in Red Wings (per their sizing machine) and a 12.5EE in Alden Indys.

Thanks for the reply erk, I think i'll go with obenauf's. Never though choosing the right boot oil would be such a headache.

With boots like denim... they're just boots! Wear them! Especially a pair of Red Wings... I just don't see the point in being that concerned about it.

On the other hand, if they were a pair of Alden New England dress shoes, I'd have something else to say about it (buff, polish, and use shoe trees).

Some new Red Wings for you guys to oogle over! This is a new engineer model for 2009. Avail. in black, brown, and shown here in the burnt orange roughout. My favorite thing about them is that they are on a new, low profile sole. It is actually the same nitrite cork sole and heel that are used on the Iron Ranger....

If anyone is interested in a pair.... PM me!

photo-151.jpg

photo-152.jpg

photo-153.jpg

of course they had to go ahead and dumbup the US version with lousy branded hardware and the IMO nasty lower heel. give us the classic engineer with the scalloped heel and simple hardware (2268) they have been making for the past 70 years but now for the past decade only for Japan.

Some new Red Wings for you guys to oogle over! This is a new engineer model for 2009. Avail. in black, brown, and shown here in the burnt orange roughout. My favorite thing about them is that they are on a new, low profile sole. It is actually the same nitrite cork sole and heel that are used on the Iron Ranger....