Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

how do i oil a distress leather? my smoke jumper has distress leather and they feel a little dry i dont want to darken them up how do i oil the? from the inside? anyone?

what about redwing 8815 Tiro?

dunno, somehow the RW's look different, I think the lace part is less far down on them and they look a bit wider in the toe, clunkier...

those danner by warehouse's are pretty sweet though and I've seen a very similar pair to the ones i posted in the lightning denim book, in all brown...

how do i oil a distress leather? my smoke jumper has distress leather and they feel a little dry i dont want to darken them up how do i oil the? from the inside? anyone?

When you say distress, do you mean rough outs, suede or nubuck? Because you don't have to oil anyone of those, just a brush and eraser. You can use Lexol leather conditioner for everything else. That shouldn't darken the leather.

Also curious about this.

P.s. amazing how this thread is not only still active but also HUGE!

:D

Well, YOUR presence has sure been missed! Good to see you here!

:D, too!

^^Yeah, the toe-box isn't high at all. These are the first Aldens I own on the Barrie last, and its quite a bit sleeker than I had thought! They would look really awesome with slimmer-cut jeans, but I think it still looks good with my baggier Fullcount 0105 contest jeans I'm wearing in that pic.

When you say distress, do you mean rough outs, suede or nubuck? Because you don't have to oil anyone of those, just a brush and eraser. You can use Lexol leather conditioner for everything else. That shouldn't darken the leather.

i think these are nubuck .. they look like suede but feels a lot smoother

haha, i doubt he bought them in a mall. they moved recently and i had to help them take out their stuff from the boxes. he had a box labelled 40-50 and thats where i found the boots. they were kept in plastic and it still smelled like leather. when i asked him about it he said they were issued to them when they were working in the mines but he didnt ever wear them because what the company does is give the workers 2 pairs of boots at the start of the year. he was laid off in the 1st half of the year so he never got around to wearing the 2nd pair.

haha, i doubt he bought them in a mall. they moved recently and i had to help them take out their stuff from the boxes. he had a box labelled 40-50 and thats where i found the boots. they were kept in plastic and it still smelled like leather. when i asked him about it he said they were issued to them when they were working in the mines but he didnt ever wear them because what the company does is give the workers 2 pairs of boots at the start of the year. he was laid off in the 1st half of the year so he never got around to wearing the 2nd pair.

Very cool. Keep them and don't forget the story.

New Shoes! I got them from Slayer168. Excellent deal, and he was really great to deal with.

aTrickers2.jpg

Tricker's Bourton in Acorn. Finally got my size sorted out, so maybe no more guessing from too far away.

aTrickers.jpg

First photo w/o flash, second with.

These are really nice. Already, I want more! ! !