Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

There was a post on revival clothing about Danner not long ago. Basically a lot of Danner's good output is Japan limited, hence the limited sizing. They are not available anywhere outside of Japan unless you go to the factory outlet where they sometimes have a very small selection.

In light of Denim Phenom's post, please help me find these Chippewa's in the top left

3283918998_0c8eb1b10e.jpg?v=0

I did some rudimentary Rakuten searching - obviously not on Chippewa's page. I believe Red Wing has a similar pair as well that I've seen on here.

japanese outlets of all these brands are more or less reviving old styles that the US market hasn't revived yet. the US brands want to push their new, more advanced goods rather than catering to a lifestyle market, although it could be as big as their business being done in the technical niche market. there's a stigma about old american styles that just hasn't been lifted in the mainstream yet.

with the way things are going, i'm sure by this time next year most of that shit will be in production for the US.

japanese outlets of all these brands are more or less reviving old styles that the US market hasn't revived yet. the US brands want to push their new, more advanced goods rather than catering to a lifestyle market, although it could be as big as their business being done in the technical niche market. there's a stigma about old american styles that just hasn't been lifted in the mainstream yet.

with the way things are going, i'm sure by this time next year most of that shit will be in production for the US.

you're probably right, perhaps danner and chippewa and such will follow Red Wing's model. Then you might be able to buy them at urban outfitters!

I guess you could argue that Americans have no taste (different taste is another way to put it), but I don't know what it is exactly (maybe we're too cheap???)...it's the same with cars (have you seen the cars Ford makes for the European market???) and denim (we can't even get LVC jeans that Levi has made in the USA!!!!), etc...

What's with long standing American companies producing all the nice looking products for outside of the USA?

3283918998_0c8eb1b10e.jpg?v=0

are the shoes on the right page thorogood roofers?

like these:

633thorogoodp_01.jpg

anyhow, doesn't really matter, the question is, do you guys know of any boots that have a similar (the lace over toebox thing) design but are available in other colors? (not lonewolfs, toebox goes over lacepart on those)

Bradleydenim.jpg

New shoes with new denim.

AE Bradley shell cordovans with my FullCount contest jeans.

The AEs are on discontinued/close-out sale. Any AE dealer, or call the AE Shoe Bank in Wisconsin at 262-284-7158, as I did. $309.75 delivered.

:cool:

anyhow, doesn't really matter, the question is, do you guys know of any boots that have a similar (the lace over toebox thing) design but are available in other colors? (not lonewolfs, toebox goes over lacepart on those)

what about redwing 8815 Tiro?

Never had any interest in Danner shoes but those Danner retro's really look nice. Definitely a pair i'll check out in april when in Japan. Too bad the exchange rate still sucks a$$.