Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Alden for Anatomica Navy High Boot. Off to Alden Restoration soon

IMG_3017.jpg

Alden for Anatomica Cap Toe. A few months after a trip to Alden Restoration because the shoe separated from the sole.

IMG_3016.jpg

Alden 405. Heel replaced three times.

IMG_3022.jpg

Alden Norwegian Split Toe.

IMG_3015.jpg

nope depends but usually for engineer boots they fit quite loose up front ont he toebox and stretches a tad more too..

redwing 2268 or you might wanna try chippewas too i think theyre nice too

holy shit really? What size?

And can anyone compare Chippewa's to Red Wings personally? Before I make a commitment.

I mean, are Red Wings nicer than the Chippewa's to warrant being 100 dollars more? I mean all the pictures I see of the 2268s make them look nicer, but that's hardly any nonstock pictures of the chippewa's handy.

As it should...those are pretty impressive, and I am not generally too fond of engineer boots in general.

eerrr sorry LL but i remenber when i was in tokyo i was contemplating about getting the chippewa or the rw in roughout.. i fitted both of them and they look almost the same! but the chippewas were 5000 yen cheaper i think and i like the sole of the chippewas better cause its lower profile and feels flatter to the ground than the 2268's rw...

rw soles feels like my lonewolfs engineers

holy shit really? What size?

And can anyone compare Chippewa's to Red Wings personally? Before I make a commitment.

I mean, are Red Wings nicer than the Chippewa's to warrant being 100 dollars more? I mean all the pictures I see of the 2268s make them look nicer, but that's hardly any nonstock pictures of the chippewa's handy.

They are size 8 and my other RWs are 8.5. I would suggest going one wider if you are sizing down.

I can't compare models directly but my gf has the chippewa version of the iron ranger. They are nice but have a plastic layer in the sole - I'm not finding the right term for that right now. Kinda tacky. I don't know about chippewa's engineer version. Personally, I would not go for anything with a steel toe unless you really need it. I don't like how the steel toe can bite into the top of your foot when you squat down.

One thing you should know about the RWs is that tan part in between the heel and sole is plastic. Not that big a deal as it can be replaced with a stacked leather heel, but you might want to factor that into the price, or just live with it untill you need to re-heel them.

Get Chippewa's, baby…

Chip2.jpg

I was at BiG today looking at the Lone Wolf's. Have to say pretty nice boots in terms of Engineers. Usual nice quality.

Red Wings 2268 are definitely worth it. I fit 8.5 in RW's as well as Chipp's, but as Ed said, the toe box is a bit roomy.

They are size 8 and my other RWs are 8.5. I would suggest going one wider if you are sizing down.

I can't compare models directly but my gf has the chippewa version of the iron ranger. They are nice but have a plastic layer in the sole - I'm not finding the right term for that right now. Kinda tacky. I don't know about chippewa's engineer version. Personally, I would not go for anything with a steel toe unless you really need it. I don't like how the steel toe can bite into the top of your foot when you squat down.

One thing you should know about the RWs is that tan part in between the heel and sole is plastic. Not that big a deal as it can be replaced with a stacked leather heel, but you might want to factor that into the price, or just live with it untill you need to re-heel them.

Hah, sell me your boots, thanks

Leather also looks different than the normal 405.