Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ really well worn GT and the alden,

by the way, thanks edmond and mich for advising the size, i ordered the whites few days ago...but i have never wear boot with speed hook before, is it true that the speed hook will damage the laces much faster?

since you asked coleslaw, here's my skyes, not much change here.

3395508182_286afd91fb.jpg

3394699211_1113dbf47e.jpg

While I'm here, here are my trickers after getting on for 2 years, I'll need to resole these soon.

3394698717_3642417b88.jpg

3395508734_561ff83b64.jpg

And while I have the camera out....

3394699403_f95f6c0a4f.jpg

3394699699_186c572cab.jpg

Pics are a little washed out, I'm still getting to grips with my new DSLR.

I really enjoyed watching the last few pages of this thread, there's no such thing as a pic overload.

by the way, thanks edmond and mich for advising the size, i ordered the whites few days ago...but i have never wear boot with speed hook before, is it true that the speed hook will damage the laces much faster?

No problem, i have found that round laces get damaged pretty easy by the speedhooks on my White's, with flat laces i've never experienced that problem.

I just got my #8 shell Indy boots back from Alden recrafting. I can't decide whether or not to be happy or upset about it. I asked them not to adjust the color. This was the before:

img2631sized.jpg

And this is the after:

img2640sized.jpg

They did a magnificent job recrafting them, but I did ask them not to change the color. They clearly re-dyed the shell. They're pretty close to the color that they were when I got them. So now, they look almost like new (actually even shinier than when I got them). But, by the appearance we're going after in this forum, it's pretty tragic... I liked them the way they were.

I guess I can always try to leave the boots out in the sun again and try to get them back to where they were.

I don't think that it's the reconditioning of the leather that changed the color, but rather a separate dyeing of the leather. We've heard the stories that Alden adjust the color of their #8 by applying their own dye, and I think this is some proof of the existence of the process.

If you asked them to not change the color and they did use some sort of dye, then I would ask for a refund for the money you spent on the re-crafting. Seeing as how they didn't follow your instructions, I believe you deserve your money back. at least partially.

maybe call and ask about it?

http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&vendor=ALD&template=brand&category=MXS&browse_vendor=1&item=ALD_m_INDY_BOOT_SHELL_CORDOVAN&ps=&start=2&rpro=40568C&searchfields=&query=

the shoe mart now has them in stock.

wow amlai,

they did a great job on your shoe. The re-dying and coating will prolong the life of your shoe.

Might i ask how long u've had the shoe for? And Where can i get a color 8 alden indy? ty

i think dont go to the trouble of calling them and a refund..

just freaking do what you did before to those great pair of boots!

its like breaking a new pair of shoes again!

my friend just made these for me

brown is buffalo

black is cow

inside is goat and pig

DSC_3126.jpg

DSC_3131.jpg

DSC_3130.jpg

DSC_3132.jpg

DSC_3128.jpg

DSC_3127.jpg

Okay. It's official. You have moved into the truly interesting category.

The attention to detail in your "projects" is most worthy.

Do, please, keep posting photos.

Downright excellent!

:D

They look really good! What soles have you used? I feel some thicker soles like a some Vibram soles would have looked good on it. But on the other hand, they have a more sleek look with the thin soles.

Anyways, your friend should be proud of his work.

They look really good! What soles have you used? I feel some thicker soles like a some Vibram soles would have looked good on it. But on the other hand, they have a more sleek look with the thin soles.

Anyways, your friend should be proud of his work.

they are leather midsole with a crepe outsole, i asked for a sole like this to skate in. my friend is very proud of them, it is only her second pair she ever made. she is only 22 and apprenticing for a shoemaker in vermont named dan freeman.