Levi's Vintage Clothing

Nice fits and detail shots, superscore. I'm out of rep but I'll get ya.

lol,.... quadrophenia,.... i watched that movie a feeled million times,.... back in the days when i was young and used to live in the "mod" szene,... totally mirrored out my scooter then,.... still own my beloved "fish-tail" parka and last week ordered this:

FAB28RUJ.jpg

can´t wait for it to be delivered,.....

This appliance should come with a RealDoll of Modesty Blaise...kind of a bridge across eras?

nice fridge, always wanted a smeg like that

back on topic

anyone own LVC tees? are they worth their (expensive) price. I want the current white 50's tee with pocket

lol,.... quadrophenia,.... i watched that movie a feeled million times,.... back in the days when i was young and used to live in the "mod" szene,... totally mirrored out my scooter then,.... still own my beloved "fish-tail" parka and last week ordered this:

FAB28RUJ.jpg

YEAH BABY!!!!!

You are Austin Powers and I claim my £5.

I've been looking at the 1936 Type I LVC from the new collection and asked the guys from Cultizm what the measurements were. Here's a big surprise:

Size M

Chest: 24â€

Shoulders : 19.25â€

Length: 25â€

Shoulder to cuff: 26â€

Size L

Chest: 26â€

Shoulders : 21â€

Length: 26.5â€

Shoulder to cuff: 27â€

They are HUGE! In past, I've bought a L and it had pretty much the same measurements as the M.

i like the attention the 44s have been getting here of late. i think the denim of my 44s is better than that of any of my other lvcs -- past or present. and it feels heavier to me than the others (37, 47, 55)

i can absolutely 2nd that,... my toughest so far have been the '55s but those '44s are by far harder in structure and overall better haptical experience,... if you know what i am talking off,.... this astonished me alot cause they are made of a ligher weight denim :confused:

the '33s i have owned feeled like a jogging pant compared to these,.. :D

I've been looking at the 1936 Type I LVC from the new collection and asked the guys from Cultizm what the measurements were. Here's a big surprise:

Size M

Chest: 24â€

Shoulders : 19.25â€

Length: 25â€

Shoulder to cuff: 26â€

They are HUGE! In past, I've bought a L and it had pretty much the same measurements as the M.

Rivethead, are those Cultizm measurements for a rigid or a pre-distressed version? I got out an old 555 type I and measured it just now:

Size M

Chest 22.5"

Shoulder 19"

Length 23"

Shoulder-cuff 24"

When I got it it was still rigid, and fit like a large, probably right around the Cultizm measurements. After a wash and dry, it's a pretty solid medium.

Washed my 1967 505s last night, they haven't quite dried but I a really stoked with how they are looking!!! Right about 3 months of wear, these are my cultizm LVC contest pair.

mar333.jpg

Three months!? What the hell have you been doing in your jeans?

Rivethead, are those Cultizm measurements for a rigid or a pre-distressed version? I got out an old 555 type I and measured it just now:

Size M

Chest 22.5"

Shoulder 19"

Length 23"

Shoulder-cuff 24"

When I got it it was still rigid, and fit like a large, probably right around the Cultizm measurements. After a wash and dry, it's a pretty solid medium.

They are on an unwashed raw version of the Type I.

Three months!? What the hell have you been doing in your jeans?

Its actually the lighting that makes them look more faded than they do in person... They are really slim fitting on me so they are breaking in fast, actually much more so than I expected. I had always read that LVC took a really long time to break in so I am pretty stoked at how they are coming along!

What size are your 67's? Are they true to size? They look terrific.

Thanks! I am a true 33" waist and they are a size 32 that measured 31" when I first got them so they've stretched a bit and are still snug and slim fitting on me. If I were to get these jeans again I would actually size up and go true to size instead of sizing down since I am liking more traditional fits these days.

I am sure these have been posted before too: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1890s-Levi-Button-Fly-201s-Denim-Blue-Jeans_W0QQitemZ370154832023QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item562ef28097

if you want an authentic 1940s 501 i´d rather go with 44s, they fit how the 47s should and yes the denim is incredible...

So the LVC '47 isn't a typical late '40s cut for Levis? Did LVC fudge the details for some reason?

So the LVC '47 isn't a typical late '40s cut for Levis? Did LVC fudge the details for some reason?

I can't imagine they're supposed to be as skinny as they are. I sized up two on mine and they're skin tight post-wash.

The THIGHS.. The THIGHS !!

Roy

Opinions vary here. They were a tad slimmer than the 50's models (apparently) but although that may be true (according to Lynn), IMHO the cut is slimmer than originals I once owned. Also I had alot more lemon thread on mine (another debatable area). The pockets are out of whack too. But people here love 'em.

Sympathy is right though, the 44's are more true to the 40's shape than the 47's.

Roy

Opinions vary here. They were a tad slimmer than the 50's models (apparently) but although that may be true (according to Lynn), IMHO the cut is slimmer than originals I once owned. Also I had alot more lemon thread on mine (another debatable area). The pockets are out of whack too. But people here love 'em.

Sympathy is right though, the 44's are more true to the 40's shape than the 47's.

Thanks, Doc.

I remember reading that there was a downsizing trend in the '40s, and I've seen pics of returned WWII vets tooling around on motorcycles in skin tight jeans. I guess this is LVC's way of trying to reproduce the fit of downsized '40s jeans?

I do love them though, historically accurate or not. I'm wearing a pair of '47s right now.

well i´d love to get me pair of the 47s if they´d use the denim of 44s...

actually i also like skintight jeans sometimes and it makes me angry that there is no chance to get authentic repro of the 1966 606s, the always are customized with stupid low waist :/

@runormal

it´s the kaihara denim, i used to have pair aswell, the faded like hell and very beautiful with many vertical lines... looking forward too to see em in a few month...

Answer this question:

If you could make three suggestions to the "brass" at LVC, what would they be? Mine are as follows:

1. Shift all production to the US

2. Move away from the pre-distressed stuff and offer more "deadstock" finishes (especially in the non-denim pieces)

3. Make another Stanley Mouse sweatshirt!!!

well i´d love to get me pair of the 47s if they´d use the denim of 44s...

actually i also like skintight jeans sometimes and it makes me angry that there is no chance to get authentic repro of the 1966 606s, the always are customized with stupid low waist :/

@runormal

it´s the kaihara denim, i used to have pair aswell, the faded like hell and very beautiful with many vertical lines... looking forward too to see em in a few

month...

been itching for a pair of 66s of late, but haven't been able to commit because of the rise issue -- a 38 waist has a rise of only 12.5 pre-soak. too damned low, especially for me at 6'2".

i've a pair of 67s that ive had for a while but never wear. took them out last night and found a new appreciation for cut. they've been soaked -- cold soaked, briefly -- but the vertical quality of the fading is already very apparent

Roy

You picked up some Sugar Cane 47s recently, didn't you? How do you think they compare to the LVC 44s and 47s shapewise?

I've got a pair of LVC 44 and 55s and a pair of SC 47s, all size 38, and the fit is very different between all of them. All I have are photos to compare to, but to me it looks like the Sugar Canes have the 40s shape and porportion more right. BUT, I like the fit of the LVC's better since they've got more room at the waist but are slimmer through the leg.