Levi's Vintage Clothing

sure,.. a "'50s / 60s look" with a '47s or even better '55s worn "high water" would look totally dope

.... but wearing a way to short (and i am not talking about riffs jawnz) 37s would not cut it for me due to some minor authenticity problems,... :rolleyes:

as always, to each their own,... :D

@ ThomasK & superscore, thx for the kind words. Hopefully I can keep them where they are now... Whenever I do the next wash, I will give the legs a good pull while drying....

This has probably been asked and answered many a times but I have never found an explanation. Why do vintage workshirts have mismatched breast pockets? What was the practical purpose of having one regular sized and one small sized pocket?

The small pocket was usually for a cigarette pack I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

X post from the LVC contest page and a few others...

I was able to use a nicer camera today with macro focus and the sun is out so I took some pictures of the back pocket detailing, etc...

These are my 67 505 contest pair which are coming along nicely:

march_lvc.jpg

a_mar_5.jpg

a_mar_yes5.jpg

a_mar_yes6.jpg

a_mar_yes8.jpg

a_mar_yes9.jpg

And then here are the 33 Rider's Run which even though they are pre-distressed I liked the photos so I included them too.

33_5.jpg

33_8.jpg

33_4.jpg

33_1.jpg

It is interesting switching off between these two pairs, one of the slimmest LVC fits and then one of the baggier fits. These days I am leaning more toward baggier/classic cuts, really want to get a raw pair of 33s and break a pair in myself. I really like the detailing, especially the NRA tag, suspender buttons, the lemon colored stitching, just awesome. Didn't have room in this post but here is 33 fit pic from the other day right here for comparison.

is there any place on the net where i can see the 2010 lvc collection???

@ dr great news about the dukc pants. how much are they. and does anyone know where to buy em on the net? what about sizing etc????

the only ones i can find are these on th ehinoya page, but the collor looks different then the closed front jumper.

here is the link

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/1873-0003/

yep, superscore.

I actually wear my 47 pretty the same way as riff. But maybe for the pre 1940s denim, I'd personally like to go with a wide fit.

Talking about wide: cultizm got the Dijon-Chinos:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p541_Levi-acute-s-reg--20-s-CHINO-DIJON.html

Are the Dijon Chinos suspender buttons only or do they have belt loops? Unfortunately can't see the waist in the pics on Cultizm.

They have both.

On the ability to view the s/s '10 collection...I am shocked that Levi hasn't put up some sort of website. I enjoyed the ones they put out in the early 2000s.

Are the Dijon Chinos suspender buttons only or do they have belt loops? Unfortunately can't see the waist in the pics on Cultizm.

2010 1944's update

... has a thicker patch, orange arcs and the one sided red tab with NO 'R' on it. .......They are made of 14oz denim (I questioned this but Dan was adamant and said they would be 16oz after washing ???... ) although I'm almost positive they are more like 12oz to the feel, but I digress..

They are beautifull jeans and more attentitive to details like the originals.

@Electrum, Dan was unaware of the new 201's as all their stock are all the 2007 version.

:)

Yo Doc Heech, thanks for feedback regarding your visit to Cinch. The '44 sound like a real solid pair of authentic quality replicas -- like that 12oz. weight too. Unfortunately they don't come in my size, otherwise I'd get me a pair, ain't giving up though until I work w/Cultizm, they might be able to round me up a 31W. If you decide to get a pair, please post pics. Too bad Cinch dude didn't have any info on current 201, sure would be interesting to know more about them, doesn't matter though, I think they're cool as hell and that's what counts. Duck pants sound pretty cool and unusual, but a bit too hardcore for me -- something like that is better left to the seasoned denim heads I think. Again thx Doc...

Nice fitting jeans Electrum. No problems with the length, they will probably shrink a bit over the 10 wet to dry cycles. I think they look fine btw, would +rep you again, but GTS.

Maybe you should try 'em with suspender buttons?

Here's a pic (cross post) from the 201 thread.

DSRLDenim070.jpg

DSRLDenim067.jpg

DSRLDenim076.jpg

emeterioy - Good fit - How do the 2010 S/S 47s measure compared to tag size? Did your size 33 pre soak actually measure 33 or were they smaller/larger?Thanks

thanks, I ordered 1 size up thinking that the 2010 season would be TTS but I was wrong:(. my 33x36 measures 32 in the waist before the soak.

When it comes to Levis 501's, I am an obsessive. Always have been, always will.

I think for me it is the details that are as close to the originals as possible.

Yes I know that Lvc repros aren 100% authentic to the real thing, but they are the next best thing for mere working mortals such as ourselves. For me, the greater the % towards that elusive authenticy, the more likely I will buy a pair.

When I originally saw the Lilac arcs model, not only was I shocked at the said arcs, but also the aforementioned 'cheese cloth' denim (a sufu member posted pics of these before - not sure who??). There is also the belt loops which seemed to have changed on this particular model (look more now like the 55's type, rather than previous seasons', which are more similar to the 33's type as per originals). And then there's the patch, which seems to change every other year.

When i saw Superscores' 44's, and he said they were from the 2010 run, I was confused as they aren't the same (under severe scrutiny) as the 2010 pair I saw in Cinch, hence me questioning said details.

I dont see anyone 'stressing' about which season 44's to purchase, it's just me adding information to my little denim library in my head, so as to make the sort of informed choice I like when buying a pair of £150 pair of Lvc repros. I thought this thread was the perfect vehicle to discuss such matters. Geeks want answers too.

You'd be hard pressed to see any difference between LVCs 55s and an original pair. Anyway the 55s from a few years back. I saw a pair of originals raw still new with tags right next to a pair of LVCs 55s raw NWTs and the LVC 55s are a good repro.

Heres my 1915s worn raw for a bit over 5 months. These were taken just after the first soak and after 5 1/2 months of almost constant wear.

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

IMG_8255.jpg

My advise, wear'm raw as long as you can stand them then give'm a cold soak and air dry. Then go again several months before you let them hit water.

airfrog-those 1915s are inspiring!

+1 those look awesome! Can't wait to see what they look like in a few months.

You'd be hard pressed to see any difference between LVCs 55s and an original pair. Anyway the 55s from a few years back. I saw a pair of originals raw still new with tags right next to a pair of LVCs 55s raw NWTs and the LVC 55s are a good repro.

Airfrog, good to see you, hope all is well?

I agree with you on the 55's. Have a couple of the early 555 pairs stashed away plus a current pair (554) from 2003. You'd be hard pressed to find a more authentic USA made 501xx, but you should also check out the 2010 season 1944's discussed earlier. Seen 'em in the flesh and they are a closer repro of that model than any other 44.

BTW the denim on those 1915's is incredible. Levis should pay you to wear-in their stuff to see how it wears properly, as you have a unique method amoungst the sufu Lvc fans here. Or you could make a little online Airfrog museum of current and past wearers. Would love to rep you again but gotta spread.

Thanks for sharing Bro.

thanks, I ordered 1 size up thinking that the 2010 season would be TTS but I was wrong:(. my 33x36 measures 32 in the waist before the soak.

I just went through the same thing. The 2010s are supposed to be TTS but I found several pairs that I tried and measured 1 inch less than tagged. I normally wear 32 in Levis and the 34 LVC 1947 2010 has turned out pretty good so far. It is tight in the waist and slightly slim but not too slim. Just roomy enough.

I am not a fan of the leg twist thing though. My left leg is slightly twisted which brings the selvedge closer to the front of my shoes whereas the right leg is fine.

Does anyone know what causes the leg twist? Will it continue to worsen with wear or only when soaked/washed?

I am about to put up a pair of brand NWT 32x36 1947s in the supermarket if anyone is interested.

Does anyone know what causes the leg twist? Will it continue to worsen with wear or only when soaked/washed?

This is from Paul T's 501 Visual Guide Thread about the leg twist:

"Note these jeans also feature heavy leg twist. This either means (a) the owner has had an unfortunate industrial accident or (B), as the fabric shrinks on unsanforized it tends to follow the direction of the weave - Levi's twist to the right, Lee jeans, with their left-hand weave, twist to the left. Why do some Levi's twist more than others? I don't know." from: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

beneath the photo of the 1947 jeans.

Airfrog, good to see you, hope all is well?

I agree with you on the 55's. Have a couple of the early 555 pairs stashed away plus a current pair (554) from 2003. You'd be hard pressed to find a more authentic USA made 501xx, but you should also check out the 2010 season 1944's discussed earlier. Seen 'em in the flesh and they are a closer repro of that model than any other 44.

BTW the denim on those 1915's is incredible. Levis should pay you to wear-in their stuff to see how it wears properly, as you have a unique method amoungst the sufu Lvc fans here. Or you could make a little online Airfrog museum of current and past wearers. Would love to rep you again but gotta spread.

Thanks for sharing Bro.

Thanks Dr H.I just might have to pull the trigger on a pair of 1944s. I had a pair a few years ago. Broke'm in and sold'm.

That 422 you have looks AWESOME.

I am not a fan of the leg twist thing though. My left leg is slightly twisted which brings the selvedge closer to the front of my shoes whereas the right leg is fine.

Well, just about every pair of jeans discussed at superdenim is going to wind up with leg twist when shrunk. Learn to embrace it, because I don't think there's anything you can do to stop it other than not washing/shrinking your jeans. ;)

Don't know the exact science of it other than when the jeans shrink, they're going to twist in the direction of the twill (in the case of Levis that's to the right). All my jeans twist pretty hard in the left leg (selvedge winds up in the middle of the pant leg). The right leg twists to various degress, but the LVC I have seems to twist more in the right leg than my MIJ denim does. I was a little leery of leg twist at first (thought it would look odd), but I learned to like it real quick, and the more my jeans twist the happier I am. IMO it give's them more of that vintage look and feel.

I'm digg'n the 1880s. I have them on right now. I did a soak first on these' Seems like the same denim as my 1917s and those went 5 month with no water so I thought I'd give these a soak and see if theres a dif in fading from the same denim after 5 months. I can tell you the 1880s after the soak are not as stiff as my 1917s were raw so I doubt I will get fades as crisp on the 1880s as I got on he 17s.

The denim on the 15s is just incredible. Just wish they would straightened out the back pocket issue and finally make a decent authentic workable buckle.

Yeah, it's sad they let themselves down with a few details after offering such an incredible denim with all it's historical associations with Cone.

But, i have to say the new Duck pant is AWESOME, with all the correct details and a correct buckle like the 1880's and 1917's. The original 555 duck pant had a pretty useless buckle like this -

FILEONE005.jpg

(had to put a stitch into the ones I used to wear)

I think the denim on the 1880's will be a gem, especially the pockets!

had a nice find today,.... this is from a 1942 Oregon based Hamley & Co. Catalog reprint,... thought i'd share ;)

Interesting that in '42 the cinch is advertised as still being there, and the denim is listed as being 9 oz while the LVC '37 501s and '36 Type I are listed as 12.5 oz at cultizm.

Nice find, thanks for sharing.