Levi's Vintage Clothing

'67 505s are the only "non-distressed"/deadstock LVC jeans that are not made in the USA (the sanforized denim comes from Japan I think).

Sanforized denim may shrink 1-3%...you're definitely not going to get 2" shrinkage, especially in the waist.

Shorty's right, plus the waist easily stretches out a little on those 505's after some wear.

@ Rob.

Thanks for the info, will have to run up to Atoo in Brum when I can lay my hands on some disposable income.

@ Bamahater

Good to see you chose the 1901, as not enough early models on this thread.

Yeah the patches on the last and cuerrent season's 1890's, 1901's and the 1915's are all smaller than they should be (but only by 5mm side and top). It was so noticable when you line all the models up side by side together, especially when you consider the patches on the 1917's, 27's, 33's and 37's are the correct size. One of those mystery Lvc things..

(The patch on the 2010 44's looked to be the best one of the lot IMO).

The denim on these look really nice.

Btw the metal on the buckle is a pressed alloy, I believe , which is why it feels cheap, but should be ok.

Also, looking at the pics you posted, there is no 'XX' after 501 on that 1901 model . Or are my eyes decieving me?

The XX is on the patch right after the 501

Shorty's right, plus the waist easily stretches out a little on those 505's after some wear.

My made-in-usa 505s stretched out about 1" in the waist. ( I assume the Turkish ones use similar Japanese denim.) I downsized in the waist, which I sort of regret now because I've come to like a more vintage fit. Back then I wanted them really slim. They are quite wearable but not completely comfortable. As Dr Heech said, they do stretch easily. The waist is perfect, but about two inches below the waist near the watch pocket, they dig into my hip.

My 1901s are from AW2003 and have no 501XX or sizing on the patch.

Mine too, although the indigo in the denim is a real deep blue. If your 1901's have an 'R' on the back of the top button (or better still, the # 643M) then they are the first run, and will have that exrtaordinary deep blue colour.

Unfortunately for me, due to Lvc sizing fuck-ups, my 36/36 measure 38/36, so they'll never fit my 34/32 frame.

Just checked and they are #643M. They are a true 36/36 shrunk to- 34/33

Oooh nice. Then in that case (pix pending..) they are IMHO, the nicest of the 1901's due to that deep hue. How much colour has been lost through washing? Have you worn them much?

Sorry for all the 'blah'...

:D

They are in a one or two wash condition, some barely there crotch whiskers with a slight vertical fade. They really hold the indigo colour.

I have some 55s and some 37s from the same time and the denim is, for me anyway, some of the best I own.

They are in a one or two wash condition, some barely there crotch whiskers with a slight vertical fade. They really hold the indigo colour.

I have some 55s and some 37s from the same time and the denim is, for me anyway, some of the best I own.

Thanks Rob, will stop pestering you now.

As long as you post some pics!

that would be great! but they really need one in chicago.. just anywhere where we could see the entire collections is all i ask for tho

nyc would be a far superior choice over chicago.

just sayin' :P

Just received my '67 505's last night. While the denim looks/feels great a couple of things missed -

1. The label says "made in Turkey." I imagine this is the case with the 505, but I thought all EU LVC was made in the US.

2. 30 was the smallest waist I could find and they're a good inch or two big. Will a hot soak shrink these at all since they're sanfor?

They're a solid pair of jeans. I'm hoping to keep them. Appreciate the help.

I have the 67 505s that I bought from Cultizm in December 09 and mine were made in USA... did they just start making them in Turkey ???

My made-in-usa 505s stretched out about 1" in the waist. ( I assume the Turkish ones use similar Japanese denim.) I downsized in the waist, which I sort of regret now because I've come to like a more vintage fit. Back then I wanted them really slim. They are quite wearable but not completely comfortable. As Dr Heech said, they do stretch easily. The waist is perfect, but about two inches below the waist near the watch pocket, they dig into my hip.

That is almost exactly the same as my experience with 67s although the waist is stretched out enough that they don't dig in - but close. When I finished washing them I freaked for a few minutes putting them back on - skin tight feeling after having worn the 33s for a few weeks but the have stretched back out. If I ordered again today I would order up.

Allen,

Yeah, I've got the red ones, and some green ones, made out of hemp.

IMG_1158.jpg

But, I wish I had the white, and black ones. Maybe Converse will re-issue them again. I can hope. They look great with Levis, that's for certain.

I have the 67 505s that I bought from Cultizm in December 09 and mine were made in USA... did they just start making them in Turkey ???

That is almost exactly the same as my experience with 67s although the waist is stretched out enough that they don't dig in - but close. When I finished washing them I freaked for a few minutes putting them back on - skin tight feeling after having worn the 33s for a few weeks but the have stretched back out. If I ordered again today I would order up.

the s/s 10 505's are made in Turkey

Thanks for all the feedback re: my new '67 505's. They're by far the fullest jeans I've owned in a while and the slightly large waist makes them feel even bigger. That said, the look is growing on me and I'm thinking about holding on to them, adding them to the rotation when I feel 'ready.'

@runnormal - your 505's fit amazing! Truth be told, it was your WYWT pic that pushed me to pull the trigger on them (had been thinking about it for a bit)

If I hang on to them I'll post some pics.

Allen,

Yeah, I've got the red ones, and some green ones, made out of hemp.

IMG_1158.jpg

But, I wish I had the white, and black ones. Maybe Converse will re-issue them again. I can hope. They look great with Levis, that's for certain.

I wish now that I would have scored a pair of those hemp ones before they were gone. I also have a blue pair.

I don't think they're making them now.