Levi's Vintage Clothing

i really want to pull the trigger and get into some LVC's for a long hall, im just so darn intimidated by all the varying fits.... i guess 47's would be my best bet based on the fit i want ( higher rise, full straight leg, still slim though) help me out brothers.... i have that one washed pair of 47's in 34x32 and i would like a little more roomier fit, so if i get the same size in raw and no presoak, that might be that answer? my head hurts! sorry for rambling!

Potentially if you bought the same size in 47s and went no-soak on them, eventually when/if you decided to wash them - they could end up shrinking to the same/smaller size of your one wash 47s. Just a thought...

For some I just realized there are a 22/33/44/55/66 year LVC... I'm sure this has been realized many times before but a first for me,... random

I am sure that this has been asked and answered before but this question just occurred to me. Historically when a new version of a 501 gets released is the previous version no longer available? For example, when they updated the 501 in 1955, was the 1947 design no longer available? Was it not until Levis brought them all back in the LVC that all of the versions became available?

Farinelli's has the sizes listed for some of the 2010 jeans:

http://www.shopfarinellis.com/pa-730-2-90-0-1947-501-rigid.aspx

For example the 1947's look TTS:

When Farinelli's started selling LVCs I noticed that the picture of the 1947s were actually 1944s. I spoke to Payman and he said that they were retaking the photos and for a while the pics for the 1947s were taken down. But it looks like they still have the 1944 pics up in place of the 1947s. Strange..

I am sure that this has been asked and answered before but this question just occurred to me. Historically when a new version of a 501 gets released is the previous version no longer available? For example, when they updated the 501 in 1955, was the 1947 design no longer available? Was it not until Levis brought them all back in the LVC that all of the versions became available?

Correct. Often the shape changed without mention; indeed, factory records are vague as to when many changes happened, and the updates might take place at different times across the different factories - particularly things like thread colour, or arcuate shapes.

When Farinelli's started selling LVCs I noticed that the picture of the 1947s were actually 1944s. I spoke to Payman and he said that they were retaking the photos and for a while the pics for the 1947s were taken down. But it looks like they still have the 1944 pics up in place of the 1947s. Strange..

That is odd! I've never purchased from them...always from Cultizm where the service is way above standard!

I noticed that cultizm has the 1873 Duck Canvas Rigid jeans up on their site now http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p547_Levi-acute-s-reg--1873-DUCK-CANVAS-RIGID.html they look pretty cool. I don't know what the texture of the fabric feels like, does anyone know or have some sort of comparison to what it feels like?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming these are made in Turkey like the jumper, but can anyone confirm?

I noticed that cultizm has the 1873 Duck Canvas Rigid jeans up on their site now http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p547_Levi-acute-s-reg--1873-DUCK-CANVAS-RIGID.html they look pretty cool. I don't know what the texture of the fabric feels like, does anyone know or have some sort of comparison to what it feels like?

Anyone know if they have belt loops? I would assume not, but the Cultizm pics are a little to be desired sometimes...they should tuck the shirts in so you can see the waistline.

I saw and felt the pair they had in Cinch, a couple of weeks ago. Took it all in, and they are identical to the pairs made in the Valencia street factory in San fran (555). The fabric is heavy duck canvas, which after washing becomes more water-resistant. Looks and feels gorgeous.

Here's a close up of the 555 version from 2001 -

FILEONE003.jpg

The 2010 is identical, but with the added bonus of a buckle that works!

Correct. Often the shape changed without mention; indeed, factory records are vague as to when many changes happened, and the updates might take place at different times across the different factories - particularly things like thread colour, or arcuate shapes.

And another thing I'll add that Paul can probably expound on, just because an LVC model is labeled for a certain year, that doesn't mean the cut changed that year. From what little I can gather about 501 history, the shape change from what we refered to as a 1947 to what we refer to as 1955, was made in 1952 or 1953. The big change for 1955 was going from a leather to a card stock patch. And the "55" shape was used until 1957, maybe as late as '61. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, 501s had the same basic cut from '61 to the early 70s, the big change during that time was the loss of the back pocket rivets in 1966.

I saw and felt the pair they had in Cinch, a couple of weeks ago. Took it all in, and they are identical to the pairs made in the Valencia street factory in San fran (555). The fabric is heavy duck canvas, which after washing becomes more water-resistant. Looks and feels gorgeous.

The 2010 is identical, but with the added bonus of a buckle that works!

Thanks for the photos/details - look great!

AS I mentioned before, I do have a cotton duck bag made of the new material that Cone very kindly sent me after I visited the factory. Mine is a bit grubby, so I was going to wash it in the name of research. It's sunny here so I'll try and do it in the next couple of days.

I do fully intend to buy the popover shirt in cotton duck when my boat comes in. But I can't decide whether to wait in the hope it's unpopular and crops up in the sale, call me cynical, or whther to go for it, the impulsive and the skinflint halves of me are doing battle.

In any case, I think the fabric looks great. I do hope the 1873 are made in the US, but my guess would be Turkey. It is worth pointing out that, if so, this one will be made overseas with N Carolina fabric, last time round they were made in San Fran with unspecified, overseas fabric!

Glad to see also the Dr's info on the quality of the new season, looks very promising. I will get into Cinch and take some photos but might be a few days. When I do though, my next eBay and other auctions should all be done and I shall be armed with a flash new camera.

great posts !! i love thos cotton duck pants. i have posted the hinoya link a while back and wonder about the differences of those two. the japanese ones seem to have a diffent collor and no pocket stitching?

and are the spring bottm pants from the 2010 season or are those older ones. i am still waiting for a unwashed version although the pirse of those is much cheaper then the last japanese one.

here is the link to the japanese cotton duck

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/1873-0003/

is there a link with all the lvc 2010 items?

how would the 2008 '47's compare to the '09 or S/S 2010? i found a place near me that has '08's in stock. they've been sitting around stacked on top of each other for so long that some of the pairs have faded in the creases. owner said he'd give me 15% discount. thinking about it...

thanks.

oh yes!

many thanks dr. but unfortunately i can´t afford 200 euros at the moment ;)

but those look slighty different from the early version, don´t they?

those rivets are awsome!

Yes they're very different from the 555 version (belt loops), and the light blue version (2005 i think). On the waistband, they have a gap in the middle and a patch on the L/H side.

But yeah, those rivets are awesome! Why cant we have some similar ones on all the pre '27 models?

great posts !! i love thos cotton duck pants. i have posted the hinoya link a while back and wonder about the differences of those two. the japanese ones seem to have a diffent collor and no pocket stitching?

and are the spring bottm pants from the 2010 season or are those older ones. i am still waiting for a unwashed version although the pirse of those is much cheaper then the last japanese one.

here is the link to the japanese cotton duck

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/1873-0003/

is there a link with all the lvc 2010 items?

Fardin

Those Japanese duck pants are IMO, awfull, as is that 1874 hunting jacket that keeps getting posted - They're just more interpretations of originals, so there are many differences, especially the colour of the fabric (there's plenty of them on ebay at moment )

example -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LVC-LEVI-1873-DUCK-PANTS-SELVAGE-JEANS-32-BIG-E-501-505_W0QQitemZ220573026398QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item335b2d485e

Those spring bottom pants, according to Doshaburi, are 2010.

Sorry fardin, dont know any links for the 2010 season at present.

Hope you are keeping well?

Found these at the Rack for $49.99 tag says there from the fall 2006 collection Size 29 but too small for me

Sounds like what I found: LVC 505 27" 34" raw for appr. 14$ each at a sale at the local store, bought four pairs. The lady selling them looked at me as if I was crazy when I said they were for my twins.

...being 2.5 years at the time, I can see that it seemed off the charts... but hey, you just wait a few years, they'll be supporting the most insane turn-ups ever.

...or being bullied for wearing them like that... Worst case scenario, they'll end up providing spare parts for crotch blow-outs or on the bay.

I;ll wash my cotton duck bag this weekend, and measure its 'waist' before and after.

Don't wash that bag! You've got to carry it around for at least six months. Preferably filled with coal clinkers and whiskey bottles to acheive the most authentic crotch hige.