Levi's Vintage Clothing

I can expect the 1955 501 to shrink about two inches in the inseam, right? Is the rule now to size up one? I want to get a pair, but I want to get an inseam greater than 36. I e-mailed Cultizm and they don't have anything.

EDIT: The problem being I have a 32 waist.

Please read the LVC 501 Visual Guide threadf . All the info you need and measurements are on there. If you're a 32 waist, you will need the 30W from current, over-sized, production, 32W for old.

THanks for posting, very interesting - the Japanese code shows these are part of the new world-wide range, including Japan, obviously with the "Ade in the USA" angle pushed heavily.

. From waht I can see, the back pockets look better than the previous ones, which look a bit irregular. I would guess they are spring-summer 09, going by the 3909 code. Can you let us know the actual wiast measurement?

I'd be interested to see photos of the back/yoke, too, I can't see if they have the 'stagger' where the two seams meet.

Please read the LVC 501 Visual Guide threadf . All the info you need and measurements are on there. If you're a 32 waist, you will need the 30W from current, over-sized, production, 32W for old.

My apologies if this is discussed earlier in the thread (I'm sure it is), but is there any major differences between the two? I'm assuming I'll be sold the older version from Cultizm because the person I'm in correspondence with is telling me the 32 is measured 33.

jstavrin, I just put a pair of size 34 inseam 1937s through their initial cold wash and they shrunk up 3". A pair of 1944s with the same length inseam did the same thing. I had a pair of 1955s with a size 36 inseam that I gave to a friend of mine (so I don't have them handy to measure) but I remember them having a lot more cuff left than the other two pairs of jeans (and the 55s had been through mutiple hot washes and trips through the drier trying to shrink the waist down). What's your inseam (non-cuffed) and how many inches of cuff are you looking for? As for the waist, I'd go by what cultizm is telling you since it sounds like they've got mixed vintages of jeans between the different model years.

jstavrin, I just put a pair of size 34 inseam 1937s through their initial cold wash and they shrunk up 3". A pair of 1944s with the same length inseam did the same thing. I had a pair of 1955s with a size 36 inseam that I gave to a friend of mine (so I don't have them handy to measure) but I remember them having a lot more cuff left than the other two pairs of jeans (and the 55s had been through mutiple hot washes and trips through the drier trying to shrink the waist down). What's your inseam (non-cuffed) and how many inches of cuff are you looking for? As for the waist, I'd go by what cultizm is telling you since it sounds like they've got mixed vintages of jeans between the different model years.

I couldn't tell you the exact ideal size, but it's greater than 33.5 I have a pair of SC 1955s that, after being soaked/wash numerous times, have that measurement. It's too short for the look I want, as the length only allows for a tiny cuff. I mean, the inseam isn't a complete deal breaker, but I'm just hoping that this pair is longer and looser than my Canes.

I couldn't tell you the exact ideal size, but it's greater than 33.5 I have a pair of SC 1955s that, after being soaked/wash numerous times, have that measurement. It's too short for the look I want, as the length only allows for a tiny cuff. I mean, the inseam isn't a complete deal breaker, but I'm just hoping that this pair is longer and looser than my Canes.

Well, not that they're exactly the same, but my size 38 SC1947s are looser fitting everywhere other than the waist when compared to my size 38 LVC '37s and '44s. I'd expect SC 55s to fit bigger than the same size 55 from LVC.

I called my buddy and asked him to measure the inseam on my old 55s and he said no more than 32.5". He's doing something wrong so I'll stop by his house and measure them as soon as I can. I'm thinking they have to be at least 34" for the amount of cuff I was wearing them with.

I received my 27's from Cultizm yesterday (FASTEST shipping ever!) but am a lil disapointed on the sizing. I ordered a 34x34 after seeing the 501 visual guide and other members sizing on this model so was expecting them to measure about 3in over the tagged waist size but they were exactly 36inches by a 33.5 inseam (and had to hold them a lil tight against the ruler to get them to measure the 36in)

They will still fit me beacause i normaly wear my jeans loose but am a lill nervous about tonights soaking so will use a 2x4 piece of wood that measures 17.5 inches to protect the waist from shrinking too much.

I will post pre/post soaking measurements tonight after i get home from work.....

Hi everyone - 1st post

Got a pair of 1947s 32x34 in the post heading my way. My first pair of raw denims after years of wearing bog standard 501s. Going to give them a good soak to knock a couple inches off them and then wear them for a few months before washing - most likely first wash will be when i get back from six days of Glastonbury at the end of June

Another question: Is the 1954 501Z the same cut as the 55 but with a zipper fly? I sure hope so.

My pair of 1954 501z fit well in the waist and through the seat--almost perfect, fitted but comfortable. But from the knee down, they are a different story: slim to skinny. My knees hurt if I sit in them too long. I hope this is just because they are stiff, but I am not sure. If you are coming from the world of skinny jeans, you might like them, but if you are coming from the world of the vintage fit, they will probably drive you crazy. The 67 505 is definitely a better choice if you want a slim fit with a zipper.

My pair of 1954 501z fit well in the waist and through the seat--almost perfect, fitted but comfortable. But from the knee down, they are a different story: slim to skinny. My knees hurt if I sit in them too long. I hope this is just because they are stiff, but I am not sure. If you are coming from the world of skinny jeans, you might like them, but if you are coming from the world of the vintage fit, they will probably drive you crazy. The 67 505 is definitely a better choice if you want a slim fit with a zipper.

Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like these definitely aren't for me.

after 3 boiling hot soak jeans are perfect! a bit loose but perfect!

size 36 x 36

raw measurments

waist 18 1/2"

inseam 35 1/2"

back rise 17"

front rise 13"

thigh 13"

knee 10 1/4"

hem 9 1/4"

after 3 BOILING soak!

waist 16 3/4"inch

thigh 12 1/2"

knee 93/4"

back rise 15 1/2"

front rise 12 1/4"

hem 8 3/4"

inseam 32 1/2"

I'm just recently breaking in a new to me pair of 1947 501LVC from Cultizm purchased about 6 months ago. I think they are from 08 and the back of the button reads 1170. Checked the 501 Visual Guide but didn't find it. Does this number have any significance and if so, what does it mean?

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-vintage/

has some pre sale on new lvc's

Hey the_serkis... I was just about to ask if you had compared prices on those 1927 501s that you just bought from Cultizm ? Because I was compareing prices yesterday or the day before and both Oki-Ni and Asos had/have them on sale WAY cheaper than other places including cultizm (though I think they were on sale there too).