Levi's Vintage Clothing

Cheers, yeah Love the jacket, although It's gonna take forever to break in! Will have to try and enlist the help of someone to take some fit pix of it, plus my lees and current Lvc wearers.

Cool mines breaking in beautifully. I can't wait to see photos. I'm going to try and get some photos of my 1915s sometime next week if I can find the time. Maybe I'll get some shots of the 422 at that time.

Thanks for posting the pix Ben.

But those aren't the synthetic 1873's, I thought you had.

Basically, the synthetic 1873's are IDENTICAL to the natties in every way apart from the denim (and the button # stamp, which is 822).

What you have there is the valencia 1890's (tagged 125th anniversary jean, as opposed to the 1873 1st blue) which are correct apart from the patch ('original riveted', rather than 'copper riveted')

Sorry to be such a geek about it.

Love the pix anyway.

Glad you're gettin some wear out of the natties.

THey're both nice jeans - I owned the '1873" and still own a pair of 1890s I was planning to get some wear into in the summer (if I don't move my new 1930s Lee up the list). You have to wear those natural indigo really hard - I boiled mine in search of shrinkage (big mistake). - and if I had another pair I'd seriously think of dry cleaning for the first year to get contrast. The denim is beautiful, though, made by Kurabo. I'd love to see how they come out with some hardcore wear.

THey're both nice jeans - I owned the '1873" and still own a pair of 1890s I was planning to get some wear into in the summer (if I don't move my new 1930s Lee up the list). You have to wear those natural indigo really hard - I boiled mine in search of shrinkage (big mistake). - and if I had another pair I'd seriously think of dry cleaning for the first year to get contrast. The denim is beautiful, though, made by Kurabo. I'd love to see how they come out with some hardcore wear.

The denim on the 2005 1890's is IMO the best of that model (certainly in the same league as both the denim on the 1915's, and the 555 201 fabric.

Mind you, the denim on those 1930 Lee 101 cowboy pants is awesome too - mine are wearin in nicely. You'll love 'em Paul.

BTW, did you manage to offload your 555 201's?

The denim on the 2005 1890's is IMO the best of that model (certainly in the same league as both the denim on the 1915's, and the 555 201 fabric.

Mind you, the denim on those 1930 Lee 101 cowboy pants is awesome too - mine are wearin in nicely. You'll love 'em Paul.

BTW, did you manage to offload your 555 201's?

Yes I love the 1890s - altho my 1901 from 2003 or so were terrific. Really looking forward to those Lee. Did you soak yours? Any other reports on shrinking?

If I get time the 555 201 will go on the 'bay tomorrow. I'll be offering a discount to SuFu members of good standing and pimping them heavily here for sure! THey're an unusual size, 33W33L.

Yeah I have a NWTs pair that going to someone here (blm) or they would be my next jeans to break in. I'm going to probably break in my 1880 knappaves this summer. The DENIM on these 1915s is just amazing. The fades are just beautiful.

I just soaked them for the first time a couple days ago and will get photos up soon. The leather patch on my 15s is as good as the one thats one my 1933 555s and thats my favorite.

I really wanted to get my hands on a pair of those 2008 certified organic denim 501s with the small e and leather patch. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN SCORE A PAIR OF 38/34

Paul, did soak my Lee's, and washed them soon after the soak.

No shrinkage occurred (had to hem the 37" inseam down to 32") - they now measure 35/32 (originally 35/37). Denim is similar to 555 201's.

Also, got a pair of '07 201's and the denim is totally different to my 555 201's (not as green, plus details are geekily different!)

AirFrog

The denim on the 1880's is very similar to my 1886's (both kurabo I think) - love the denim pockets on those 1880's.

Lookin forward to the 1915 pix !

I woke up to a super stiff pair of '15's. These are 3 times stiffer than pre soak.Post soak measurments......

waist 17.5

Inseam 30.5

Rise 13.25

Back rise 16

Thigh 12.75

Really happy with the fit. I will start wearing them today.

OK so, a pair of 1915 jeans that are tagged 34x32 will actually measure 35x30.5 after the first soak... man, not much shrinkage there really. Even the length didn't do the usual amount of shrinking (around 2.5-3"). I might could go with a labeled 32 on these.

OK so, a pair of 1915 jeans that are tagged 34x32 will actually measure 35x30.5 after the first soak... man, not much shrinkage there really. Even the length didn't do the usual amount of shrinking (around 2.5-3"). I might could go with a labeled 32 on these.

my '15s measured 36.75" when raw. tagged 32x36. also the waist was 35 starting out.

Regarding BLM14's pics : Whoa, so you mean that the 1873 jeans actually have the accurate (flat) style rivets ? 1890s, even ? Wow, I was not aware.. So I'm wondering why none of the other jeans that should have those, don't ? Or do they, ...

The 1873 limited edition natural indigo ones I have do not have the flat rivets. The 1886 do and so do the 1800 Knappave.

The 1873 limited edition natural indigo ones I have do not have the flat rivets. The 1886 do and so do the 1800 Knappave.

you're killin me with the anticipation for your 1915 post soak/wash pics.

every time I see this thread with your name as the recent poster I think its time...but its not.

Yeah, they were 36 inches pre soak and 35in post.

I love the fit and have worn em all day.

(cant wait to see airfrogs pic's either)

FYI, Caliroots had some price drops. All of their raw lvc's are about $144. They have the 1890, 1915,17,44 and i beleive a few others.

Can someone tell me what is the baggiest fit LEVI LVC series pant?

I thought the 501xx 1947 but I just want to confirm. Trying to find a fit like the Samurai 5000

the 1947 is definitely not the baggiest. I'd say the 33 and 37 would be the loosest cut. The 27 may fall in there but I have no experience.

The s5000 is very low rise compared to most LVC 501s. But I would say that a 1966 would be your best bet. A properly sized 1947 would be pretty good too.

Can someone tell me what is the baggiest fit LEVI LVC series pant?

I thought the 501xx 1947 but I just want to confirm. Trying to find a fit like the Samurai 5000

Not sure what cut the Samurai 5000's are, but certainly one of the 'baggiest' fit Lvc models is the 1920 201, with the 1933 501xx being a contender.

Or if you can handle a pair with no belt loops, I'd recommend the 1880 knappave model.

:)