Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hi Electrum, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Japan LVC '44's. I have pair of those from about a year ago and I love them. Lovely dark rigid indigo denim (no sign of see through) that's just starting to fade beautifully. The leather patch is suberb, IMHO and again is starting to show signs of ageing superbly. I also love little details like the very nicley done V stitch, really nice selvege and no R on the red tab.

I also got Japanese LVC '47's, 33's and Type II jacket and personally I can't recommend them enough.

I use www.jeans-neshi.com. He's really great, and gets things and sizes not listed on the site, and really quick. Any delay for me is usually down to good old UK Customs, sometimes I order from Japan and goods are in the UK a couple of days later, then languish for up to a week with the folks in Customs! Arrgghh!

Cheers all

Just got mine...they have the same stitching as m0t3d's. It does look a little weird. dr. house can you repost a pic of yours?

Here ya go (sorry, flashed), soaked 2 times:

leatherm.jpg

Hi Electrum, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Japan LVC '44's. I have pair of those from about a year ago and I love them. Lovely dark rigid indigo denim (no sign of see through) that's just starting to fade beautifully. The leather patch is suberb, IMHO and again is starting to show signs of ageing superbly. I also love little details like the very nicley done V stitch, really nice selvege and no R on the red tab.

I

Mine got this ®...is this a difference between japanese/US 44's? I agree to all your other points- fat denim, high quality, perfect details, no "see-through". Shoot the inner tag if that helps:

tagm.jpg

Cheers

This might sound pretty dumb, but what's the difference between a 1947 501xx made at Valencia Street compared with a normal 1947?? other than the tag, is there anything else like denim, quality, craftsmanship?? Just trying to decide which one to get for the lvc contest.... i'm not a hypeanimal, so if the only difference is the tag... i'll just get that normal 1947

Just to add...a few years ago I purchased an LVC Short Horn shirt from Japan that had the exact same tag. It was legit.

That's what I'm thinking. At any rate, I'm going to dig a little deeper before I decide to pull the trigger.

Interesting thing though was that yesterday afternoon, I ran across a pair of "valencia st 555 1970s sanfordized bootcut circa 05/99" model on ebay. I swear I recall seeing the same dude that was selling them post on this board with same id, but I can't remember his id now, do know he's in Berlin though. Those jeans he had pictured had the same Japanese text label with "made in San Francisco California" at bottom like the 201s I'm considering. Last night I tried to find the listing again, but it's gone. So maybe Levi's did make some 555 production models for JP market in late '90s - '00s ?? Either that, or I'm setting myself up to buy som real nice Thai fakes....! Thanks for the follow -up ShortyLong.

no one's talking about this?

if you didn't check it the first time, it's an auction for some 201s from the 1890s. found with miners diaries, a sluice box, and gold in the "pinch pocket." covered in dirt, candle wax, and gold dust.

obviously not the first time some 19th century levi's came up on ebay, but i still think it's pretty awesome.

yeah, i thought the wide selvage was really cool too. i'm gonna go ahead and guess that LVC repros do not feature that. can someone with 201s confirm? preferably with pics...

freak, i know they pop up here and there (as i said above). wouldn't you rather geek out over that than explain where to find production dates on tags again?

maybe i'm old fashioned...

the discussion about that specific pair is several pages back.

doesn't matter to me if the "explain where to find production dates on tags again?" bores me or the history and hundred tries to sell this pair.

don't wanna offend you.

because I already knew this pair I wouldn't geek out, sorry ;)

Here's a fit pic of the 1915s. I usually wear 32s...these are 32/32. They've gone through one warm soak.

L1030257.jpg

Nice fit on those... is that your house? It looks great! Very vintage...

they look great shorty. thanks for posting.

these are probably gonna be the last pictures of my 1947s for quite a while. they're about 1 year and 8 months and are getting only occasional wear due to me focusing on my 1937s and s5000vx; and the fact that they're really wearing thin in a lot of places. I tried color correcting the first pic of the 1947 but it just came out looking really fake, so I just stuck with what came out of my camera. Heres the color corrected version http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/3932417130_9d5d7244de_b.jpg : corrected for exposure of the jeans. I think the un-modified version is more true to color.

3932428794_e6f6d361c8.jpg

big: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/3932428794_e6f6d361c8_b.jpg

3931635963_ed81293caf.jpg

big: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3931635963_ed81293caf_b.jpg

and here is some early progress on my 1937s - worn in rotation since january

3932418164_4d4994b684.jpg

3931648791_dd7a6a70c0.jpg

Big: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3452/3931648791_dd7a6a70c0_b.jpg

I've been looking for a pair of LVC 517's for months now and haven't had any luck. I search ebay virtually daily but the only sizes that ever appear on there are 28 and 29, too small.

I guess these aren't being produced anymore and probably aren't popular around here because I don't think they're selvedge, but does anyone know where I might be able to find a pair in a size 30 or 31?

Guest Selvage Seb.

Was bored today and decided to do some experimenting, just painted the arcs of my 201xx.

When fresh a little too obvious for my like, but it will get better with some wear I quess.

I used a waterbase paint, so when I'm tired of the white arcs it hopefully can be removed pretty easy.

oke oke, a little Full Count inspired

but all in all I'm pretty happy with the end result

28tygs1.jpg

iddsoi.jpg

5l8i1h.jpg

Was bored today and decided to do some experimenting, just painted the arcs of my 201xx.

When fresh a little too obvious for my like, but it will get better with some wear I quess.

I used a waterbase paint, so when I'm tired of the white arcs it hopefully can be removed pretty easy.

oke oke, a little Full Count inspired

but all in all I'm pretty happy with the end result

28tygs1.jpg

iddsoi.jpg

5l8i1h.jpg

Those look horrible, dude. What a waste of nice denim.